Escapist News Network: All in the Cards

Pages PREV 1 2

Great episode, as always! Thank you for making one of the best shows on the 'net!

I must be just as slow as the rest of you guys, I didn't pick on the "Pen15" joke until Kathleen pointed it out!!
I absolutely adored the "It's 'fifty-two'", "That's what I said" bit. Sounds like someone messed up his lines, but it was absolutely hilarious!!
And yes, I'd tend to agree that God must hate jerks too... ;)

The line which went something like "...for an individual who wouldn't even pick up rotten decaying food off the floor without getting a ding or an achievement point..." really sums up the general community on most online game, especially WoW.
It really infurates me getting pointless sodding achievments on any game I play. Patronise much?

Any penis jokes are funny and always welcomed.

Jandau:
The thing is, new games don't work. I tried setting him up with Warcraft 3 or Heroes 5, but to no avail. It's HoMM3. Just HoMM3. And Minesweeper.

Well at the very least it's a GOOD game that he plays...

Jer_LRR:

AngryMongoose:
Isn't Ryan dead?

No. Someone tried to kill him, but he was not around at the time.

Also, why is he the only regular

Ryan, like Dr. Holly or ChadX, is a recurring character, but not a regular. He shows up in about one episode a month.

with a false name,

Because Matthew J. Wiggins is not an industry analyst; the fictional character of Ryan Quickbender is.

and not in the intro?

Because he is not a regular. In more more broad terms, ENN's intro credits the four people who put many hours every week into creating it. In the context of the show's "mythology" he is also not part of the news team -- he's a paid, third-party commentator.

Pretty much what he said....Nicely done.

Why would anyone be hating a double rainbow....Its..awesome.

Heh heh, double rainbows.

I can not believe that Graham feel for the pen15 joke!

Great episode. And any chance we can picket the WBC?

Oh hey, my hometown was mentioned.
AWESOME.

Nintendo have already picked up the rights to Ultimate 52 Pick-Up Blitz Party.

crotalidian:
'kind of urgent'

didnt get the pen15 until Kathleen mentioned it. Damn im slow today!

You missed out on a whole lot of fun during school to use that! Good to see them using some old school jokes like that and 52 pickup

Jer_LRR:

AngryMongoose:
Isn't Ryan dead?

No. Someone tried to kill him, but he was not around at the time.

Also, why is he the only regular

Ryan, like Dr. Holly or ChadX, is a recurring character, but not a regular. He shows up in about one episode a month.

with a false name,

Because Matthew J. Wiggins is not an industry analyst; the fictional character of Ryan Quickbender is.

and not in the intro?

Because he is not a regular. In more more broad terms, ENN's intro credits the four people who put many hours every week into creating it. In the context of the show's "mythology" he is also not part of the news team -- he's a paid, third-party commentator.

I find it fitting that the opening credits feature the people who put the most work in.
We love you for it, guys!

Really liked the commentary on those idiots picketing Comic Con- jerks!

Also, loved the dig at Star Craft (was next to the actual box today!) and the lovely, lovely business that is Gamestop (spits).

Pen 15 is.....???

NOOOOO!!!

Love this show...

love anything Loading Ready Run does....

Love you Graham... in a totally platonic way.

*ahem*

XD My mom is addicted to Solitare Mahjong... does that count?

Pretty awesome.

I know I won't be getting 52 Pickup Action Party until they release the Game of the Year version with the secret Rules for Playing Blackjack card.

oh graham, when will you learn :P

Any special requirements for the pen15 club? LOL!!!

For some reason, the second person joke at the very beginning really cracked me up. I AM ENN!

Very funny episode overall. The top story was hilarious ("...62." "52." "That's what I said.")and the side story jokes were top notch. Man, I want to join the Pen 15 club.

Thanks for the news. Downloading SC2 now.

LOVE the Mooby reference!

Quite disappointed at the apparent lack of Dogma fans...

I fell for the Pen 15 club joke back in grade school. :\

I'm surprised more of these people didn't get the pleasure of having "PEN 15" written on your arm all day.

Yet another reason why ENN is a delight to my Wednesdays. Like many others, I too did not get the final joke until Kathleen pointed it out. Maybe it's because I'm falling asleep. This could also explain why I tried to read the back of that Gamestop game box image when I saw that it and Kathleen shared the same last line. Unfortunately for my tired retinas, it wasn't the same and now I shall be punished with terrible sight tomorrow. It's a small price to pay for watching this show.

Solitaire... just what I need. a motion control version of the game

a motion control FarmVille...oh dear

Wait, Portland? Really? Is that a joke or...

Cool! And great episode as always - oh, you silly baptists. Can;t you see that anabaptism is the way to go?

Card games on motorcycles is the future.

Get revenge by writing A55 on him.

Other peoples parents have a solitaire problem, you mean I'm not the only one?

I was always suspicious about how fourteen other people had managed to join the pen club without me noticing...

"What is certain is that your parents have a solitaire problem and you should probably talk to them about it" was probably my favorite line, lol :D My mom plays that ALL the time...well when she's not playing Peggle or Zuma.

crotalidian:
'kind of urgent'

didnt get the pen15 until Kathleen mentioned it. Damn im slow today!

Yeah me too.
It could have been tatooed in a much worse place.

kathleen de vere... what a name is that?
i mean what country is it from?
sounds kinda like Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

dmcc85:
kathleen de vere... what a name is that?
i mean what country is it from?
sounds kinda like Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

If your serious, I kind of assumed it was French to be honest. My last name is also French though the pronunciation has been corrupted.

Following my geneology back far enough I'm descended from an Arch Duke on one side of my family, and many of my ancestors were knights, including one who commanded 30 lancers during the Crusades... one of the reasons why I've done so much reading on Knights and The Crusades over the years, and probably one of the things that kept me interested in fantasy RPGs (nerdily enough).

While it's not my last name, my uncle had the original family name and even had it painted on a recreation of the old coat of arms. That name was De Vars (Devars). De Vere sounds like it's in the same vein and might come from a similar backround.

Oh and for anyone who ever wondered why I seem to have a bone to pick with France, there is a bit behind it, but there was this little thing called the "French Revolution" which did a real job on the tree for that side of the family.

At any rate, unless she answers it's impossible to know for sure (assuming she knows) but France would be my guess.

I dont think that gamestops games are overpriced
considering i can pick up a new version of a game for like 9.99 there yet at walmart its about 29.99
walmart overprices games, no matter how good i consider it over priced

I am obviously months behind, but here I am. I have to agree with theshadowcult, I can't believe he is the only one that mentioned the Dogma reference.

I had to go back and watch it 3 times, it was subtle perfection!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here