Zero Punctuation: Singularity

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

So I take it you're not going to review Transformers: War For Cybertron?

Great Review...
Also, The human centipede was a fucked up movie.

Somehow it just feels like the same old song-and-dance.

Ooh! Ooh! Do you get knocked unconscious during the opening cut scene?

Hardcore_gamer:
Why doesn't Yahtzee review fighting games like Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken? I have never seen him review one.

And as for the game's story, all stories involving time travel are typically crap so don't be to hard on this game in that regard.

he reviewed soul calibur

Why must all time travel stories always be like this? You go to the fast, you #@%^ something, and then your forced to fix it before the entire space time contium is screwed?

I hate to break it for the fanboys, but dead baby jokes are AMAZINGLY unfunny. The "allegory for the teenage years" quip was funny as hell, then dead baby joke comes and BAM! i suddenly don't even smile. Then again, maybe it was his plan all along.

I've briefly returned to see - maybe ZP is still worth watching. Turns out that no, it really isn't.

I predict that in a couple months this game will cost around $15.00(just like darksiders) and then maybe i will buy it.

Last week it was Bowie and now we get a Beatles reference. Yahtzee, I love you, let's make mixtapes.

arc1991:

Jack and Calumon:
A good review, and the plot twist doesn't sound much of a plot twist. More like something you could have worked out, or motivation you could have gotten 10 minutes in. You fucked up, go sort it. Instead at the end of the game? My word that's strange.

Calumon: Someone told me I'm like the little girls on Bioshock.

Always needing someone big and strong to protect you while you gather goop from lifeless corpses?? And also having a strange sea slug living in you!?!?!

You have changed my views on you Calumon...forever o.O hehe

Calumon: Well, Jack's Strong, and if you mean Goop from Corpses you mean Jam from Donuts in a shop, and by Sea Slug inside me you mean... erm... *Hug*

So the plot twsit is that the bad guy is the bad guy? Who thought that would make for a good story?

Also, yay for Back to the Future references.

EPIC LULZ @ Link Removed ~Moderator reference xDD

N1 Yahtzee

I love the Human Centipede reference in there. Very funny review.

hmm. I was actually thinking about this one, but now it doesn't seem as good. Also, predictions. Who thinks that in 2 weeks, starcraft 2 is getting a review?

Hah, not bad.

Incidentally, I live about 10 miles from Flambards and the number of human size cartoon animals is on the way down. Good news for all!

Actualy, there IS bullet time, techniquely. You can slow down time on the sniper for a better aim, and you can slow down time on a rifle and control the bullet yourself.
Still, great work Yahtzee

Yeah it's a flawed game but it's definitely worth a rental IMO.

Ignore the plot holes and just enjoy the ride :)

The handheld device that launches small pieces of metal at high speed joke was funny

Did Yahtzee just refer to BioShock's combat as "intense and unforgiving"? Does he realize that it was IMPOSSIBLE TO DIE in that game? (Don't answer that. I know he said that in his review, so I'm wondering why he's praising it now.)

On a side note, I will never buy a Slim Jim again for the rest of my life.

hawk533:
Why did you have to bring up human centipede? I thought I had finally gotten over that. On the other hand, that may be the most appropriate analogy to the history of the FPS.

I was going to write some overly long post about my opinion, but that about sums it up. Though I might have slipped an "Oh dear god no" in there somewhere, or something.

I'm sorry to say but I really think that Croshaw has no idea what he's talking about. Sure Singularity rips off of bioshock a lot, but in the best of ways. There is a time slow down skill, it's just not a god-hack ability like it is in most games.

It's not game of the year but it was certainly worth the buy.

Am I the only one who has gone from loving Yahtzee to hating him? He's such a prick nowadays. Half the games he's reviewed this year (and many last year) were great games that got every tiny crap thing they had in them brought to light while he pointed and yelled like some attention-starved brat.

Don't give me that, "Oh well he's a critic so of course he rips on games" bullshit. He doesn't do any good jokes/puns anymore (he didn't even try this time), he is extremely unfair to damn near every game he reviews, and is an overall ass.

Get singularity, or at least rent it for christ sakes, it's a proverbial gem in the shit that has come out so far this summer.

GamesB2:
I really enjoyed this game.

It was better than most FPS' out now and had a vaguely interesting story and gimmicks.

'tun the enemy into a baby, give him a grenade to suck on and throw him at his buddies to show you mean business' xD

Also this games sales were horrendous... I recommend people to buy this game, the SP is great and the online is surprisingly fun.

Is it kind of like Red Faction: Guerilla? By that I mean, "Gee! This single player sure is fun! Wait a second. Is that-? Holy shit there's a multiplayer component! -GASP- AND IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD?!"

Andersen:
I'm sorry to say but I really think that Croshaw has no idea what he's talking about. Sure Singularity rips off of bioshock a lot, but in the best of ways. There is a time slow down skill, it's just not a god-hack ability like it is in most games.

Am I the only one who has gone from loving Yahtzee to hating him? He's such a prick nowadays. Half the games he's reviewed this year (and many last year) were great games that got every tiny crap thing they had in them brought to light while he pointed and yelled like some attention-starved brat.

Don't give me that, "Oh well he's a critic so of course he rips on games" bullshit. He doesn't do any good jokes/puns anymore (he didn't even try this time), he is extremely unfair to damn near every game he reviews, and is an overall ass.

Get singularity, or at least rent it for christ sakes, it's a proverbial gem in the shit that has come out so far this summer.

Yahtzee gets paid to be a prick, he wouldn't be fun to watch if he wasn't a colossal asshole.

I loved the human centipede reference. Great video.

My mate works at Flambards Amusement Park, Cornwall. That's neat.

The plot reveals itself in the beginning when the statue of Stalin turns into the guy you saved. The end wasn't so much of a plot-twist as a Confirming-what-you-should-already-know moment. Overall, the game was fun but poorly written, i'd give it an 8.

Loved the comment about the helicopter intro. So true.

Great one today. I loved the "get you tampons ready..." part especially.

Andersen:

The internet has a term for what you are feeling right now: He Panned It Now He Sucks

Also, I think Singularity deserved the thrashing he gave it. It was mediocre at best.

Ah, generic plot based macguffin materials. Now if only they'd picked an element that idn't actually exist.

Pro tip for developers. If you're going to put a mysterious element into your games to psudo-science away the plot holes, try to make sure that element doesn't already exist. Element 99 does. It's called Einsteinium. While I'm sure the whole link between Einstein and time travel may sound good, we happen to know what this element is capable of, and time travel is not listed.

If Yahtzee likes Adam and the Ants I will be so happy.

Hah yeah looks like shit.

As to the time traveling/changing the past, I'd like to see Yahtzee's take on it in Cryostasis. Assuming Yahtzee has a PC that isn't shit... probably not...

Hehe...Robot Snakes! Go!

And hilarious review! =D

Jack and Calumon:

Calumon: Someone told me I'm like the little girls on Bioshock.

A representation of the defilement of an icon of innocence in the name of naked greed?

I mean I'm sure there are digimon stories that look like that, but they've usually got Renamon in....

Hey, at least they tried. It was a failure, but this industry is in some serious need of risk takers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here