Zero Punctuation: Crackdown 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Crackdown 2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Crackdown 2.

Watch Video

never did like the look of crackdown 2.... just to.... odd

I've been looking forward to this because I loved the first so I'll probably defy the mighty Yahtzee and get it anyway.

Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?

Great video as usual. Is it me or are x-box exclusives getting fewer and less good?

Another fine episode, good sir. Although I would try and see if there is anyway you could remove the noise my headphone makes when my cellphone receives a signal.

I've never played Crackdown, but I find it really lazy the sequel takes place in the same city.

Yeah it's annoying when you forget to turn your mobile off while recording a video only to realise that it has been tainted with interference after completion. Happened to me a thousand times. Luckily I don't have too many friends so I can safetly leave it switched off all the time.

Yay Blair slogans

Do the first two people that respond to something get put on probation automatically or what? I'm really trying to figure out why they were.

Anyway great vid. I might have to check out the first crackdown.

He forgot Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer

gman1234:
never did like the look of crackdown 2.... just to.... odd

Cel-shading does strange things to a game's graphics. It looks better 5 years down the line because it ages well, but it's ugly to start with so it looks bad when the game comes out. Crackdown 2 doesn't apply the effect strongly, in any case.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Crackdown 2.

I just wanted to quote you so I could be like all my friends, who think they are cooler then me (and probably are) Other then that I agree with you about most games that you review. The video is also win.

that really happens to WoW subscriber's, christ it's a good job i dont play it!

I only played a demo of Crackdown 1 and i didn't like it and the way this was described it's looking like a good decision not to play the game

What on earth was the static sort of noise near the end? Was that only me, or was there something annoyingly beeping in the background at one point?

Yeah, pretty sure yahtzee got a text or something during the video...

Seems like another case of games that shouldnt have made sequals... although i will never know becuase PS3 is where its at :D

Funny review as usual for ZP, however...

Dear Mr. Croshaw,

Can you please stop reviewing console only games, and give us a review that some of us PC gamer types might be interested in? Out of the last four reviews, only one has been a game (Singularity) that has been available on the PC. I'm sure there are some multi-platform games out there that are worthy of a ZP review. After all, reviewing a Mario title sets the bar pretty damn low.

Thank you!

Brilliant as usual. I've only played the first Crackdown. Was going to get the second. Not anymore.

Now I can get those action figures!

I think I might get Transformers: War For Cybertron instead of Crakdown 2 now. I'm happy with Crackdown 1, and if nothing's changed, I'm not paying 40 for it.

petrolmonkey:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?

I got it too.

Before anyone asks, a kookaburra is a bird found in australia.
It's call sounds like maniacal laughter.
Now imagine a bird laughing like a maniac on helium... and fucking your mum...

Oh man...letdown 2....that's going in the act!

As a WoW subscriber, I must say that there's nothing to fear about direct sunlight. It just needs to be handled in the same way as direct interactions with people and any sort of interaction with customer service: in small doses while covered in lotion to prevent skin damage.

The jacuzzi part made me almost choke on my water. Good show!

Tough on crime, and games! I read in an article on a seperate website that was concerning the corruption of the videogame review process that to get an honest rating of a game, you had to take the typical critics score and the ZP review and split the difference! Ah, Yahtzee, the only Emglishman with principles sinc Churchhill died!

Rarhnor:
What did I say, huh? Oh yeah:

Rarhnor:
From top and down

Singularity
Crackdown 2
Some random Wii game
Suicide video with a pre-recording of him reviewing his own death.
Naturally, no number 5.

Now if Crackdown 2 is the next, we should probably wave farewell to Mr. Croshaw.

The clock is ticking. I posted that list 30 mins before the singularity review.

I laughed. I didn't think Crackdown 2 looked very good in the first place. This is one of the times when I agree with what Yahtzee says, and that's surprisingly common.
I liked the part when he was making fun of all the names.

There's something about how I laughed at the thought of someone being mauled by their daughter's dead body that makes me want to get a shrink.

yeah, i loved the first crackdown. i was so disappointed as i started to realize it was teh same city, no pyramid of bosses to take down, and just basically a much more simple sequel. yeah, it let me down. i want to play the first one again, but every used copy i buy freezes on the title screen.... whats up with that shit?

Nice review overall. You pretty summed up all the issues I have with the game.

And for that question in the credits, I never actually tried reversing two ramp trucks together. I was too busy having fun with the ramp truck going backwards on the highways and watching the cars shoot up in the air.

QuiB25:
Do the first two people that respond to something get put on probation automatically or what? I'm really trying to figure out why they were.

Anyway great vid. I might have to check out the first crackdown.

Because the episode is five minutes long, therefore anyone posting before 17:05 has blatantly just not watched the vid and is trying to get the first post for bizarre reasons of their own I have yet to understand.

OT: I really enjoyed the first game, but it sounds like Crackdown 2 is just an expansion to Crackdown rather than a proper sequel. Well, I guess that means I'll be renting it at best then. C'mon devs, try harder next time!

petrolmonkey:

I got it too. The sad, lonely feeling I mean.

And the interference.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or