Zero Punctuation: Crackdown 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Did you get a cell phone call during 4:08? When I'm at Karaoke and one of the old people next to the speaker get phone call, it makes that sound.

Anyway, this is one of the funniest ZP's in a while. I loved the "don't have any family onhand" joke. This was made funnier for me though, because I had just read about it in my gameinformer.

Never played Crackdown. Hell, I never even heard of it.

This game looks pretty crap though, since I prefer one with a plot. And controls.

lol... First time I watched I thought it is my phone. Checked twice and it appears it is in the video. Yahtzee should turn off his phone before starting the recording. hehe

Stabby Joe:
Also, sorry to nit-pick but "irregardless" is incorrect.

So it is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

However, it's been in common usage since at least 1923, so I guess I'll stick with it. :D

And back on topic... I don't rely just on Yahtzee, of course. His reviews are as much for the entertainment value as anything else. Gamespot and PC Gamer are other sources of reviews for me.

Vhite:
Not as good as usual. Yhatzees reviews lack they unique charm they had. Now every review is just same rant. Its still funny but it blends together with some last 15 reviews.

well, to be fair, Yahtzee has entered a sea of gaming meh.

First off, stop playing that bloody Nissan Advert. At the very least get some other advert, which is less annoying. Second off, the game was fun, but still is lacking. The fact, that we now have to wait for DLC to kickstart the second half of the game is just a kick to the nuts. Apart from that, and lack of content, it's fun enough...

itf cho:

Stabby Joe:
Also, sorry to nit-pick but "irregardless" is incorrect.

So it is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

However, it's been in common usage since at least 1923, so I guess I'll stick with it. :D

But why? It's MORE letters than the proper usage.

itf cho:
And back on topic... I don't rely just on Yahtzee, of course. His reviews are as much for the entertainment value as anything else. Gamespot and PC Gamer are other sources are reviews for me.

Hence why I doubt there's a problem with the recent lack of multiple platform reviews.

As someone who played the original and loved it, I'm sad to hear they fucked this up. I actually asked my cousin if it had all the same features to which he replied.......no. Well guess I'll just play the original again.

Sinclose:
I've never played Crackdown, but I find it really lazy the sequel takes place in the same city.

Crackdown was amazingly fun, go get it.

BlueInkAlchemist:
As a WoW subscriber, I must say that there's nothing to fear about direct sunlight. It just needs to be handled in the same way as direct interactions with people and any sort of interaction with customer service: in small doses while covered in lotion to prevent skin damage.

You gotta be real careful when you interact with people, they say mean junk :O
Better carry a sword.

well, i finally heard of from Yahtzee himself "Crackdown was a great game."

Yeah, since I pretty much paid nothing for Crackdown, I may as well get Crackdown 2 if im only going to be paying 30 bucks for it (found some good deals amongst my friends). Im really into Sandbox games right now, because i like games that let me just dick around for a long time. Im still waiting for a GTA-sized Zombie sandbox game, though. Dead Rising was fun, but it certainly doesn't have the epic scale of GTA. Heck, not even Saints Row.

Painful to watch because I am afraid that if I laugh I will get explosive coughing again D':

I also got the "someone is going to call me on my cellphone" sound.

petrolmonkey:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?

Hey I got that too. The high pitched ticking of sorts at one point in the video. I wonder how that got into the recording.

OT: Crackdown >> Crackdown 2

to me, Crackdown 2 was just a remake with almost all of the fun sucked out.

Cops already have plenty of firepower as it is, but they hardly get to use those guns and spend most of their time sitting in cars, pushing pencils or wrestling with weird or uncooperative citizens. If you wanted to give them useful powers, give them cybernetic brains to speed up the paperwork, telepathy to directly extract information from suspects' minds and a wand of mass charm person to make the public love them.

TheYellowCellPhone:
There's something about how I laughed at the thought of someone being mauled by their daughter's dead body that makes me want to get a shrink.

You must be American

solidstatemind:

RE: the weird sound:

It's not really cellphone interference... well not directly, anyway. It's actually Bluetooth interference. [ ... ]

I strongly doubt this is correct.

Cell phones have been generating that characteristic RFI buzz for years, long before Bluetooth achieved wide adoption. Further, Bluetooth operates over the 2.4GHz band, the same bands as 802.11[bgn] wireless networking. If transmissions over the 2.4GHz band were causing that buzzing, we would have noticed it the moment we put a Wireless Access Point in our homes.

I often hear this buzz right before I receive a call or a text. My personal guess is that there's a common transceiver component that everyone uses (because it's cheap and it "works") that spills a lot of noise into a band that amplifiers can pick up at close range. If the Federal Communications Commission were actually fulfilling its charter, this sort of thing would have been investigated and fixed by now.

Yeah what was with the phone interference thing o_o

But yeah this sandbox sounds like all the rest :P

Other than the zombies the whole game looked like a retred of the first

Spinwhiz:
Snip.

It's a badge isn't it?

petrolmonkey:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?

I got the phone noises too. From the look of it, so have others. I guess that sound is actually in the video! Weird...

This video makes me wish that you got around to reviewing Lost Planet 2. I love the game, but it is ripe with potential for Yahtzee to tear it apart.

ewhac:

solidstatemind:

RE: the weird sound:

It's not really cellphone interference... well not directly, anyway. It's actually Bluetooth interference. [ ... ]

I strongly doubt this is correct.

Cell phones have been generating that characteristic RFI buzz for years, long before Bluetooth achieved wide adoption. Further, Bluetooth operates over the 2.4GHz band, the same bands as 802.11[bgn] wireless networking. If transmissions over the 2.4GHz band were causing that buzzing, we would have noticed it the moment we put a Wireless Access Point in our homes.

I often hear this buzz right before I receive a call or a text. My personal guess is that there's a common transceiver component that everyone uses (because it's cheap and it "works") that spills a lot of noise into a band that amplifiers can pick up at close range. If the Federal Communications Commission were actually fulfilling its charter, this sort of thing would have been investigated and fixed by now.

What he said. I used to get that interference sound when I was in college back in.. erm... 94 or so. It always preceded a call or a text message.

I'm still gonna try it but nonetheless still funny as usual yatzhee.....Try something new. Try to be Not funny lol.

Particularly liked the jacuzzi metaphor.

He insulted the original UT.. get him!!!!!11!

Anyway, funny video about something I have never heard or care about, lols were had and mission accomplished.

Great review today. I laughed so hard when he did that joke about World of Warcraft subscribers in the sun. Made me want to test Crackdown (1) at least.

Crackdown 2 graphics and mechanics

+

Crackdown 1 missions and building interiors

=

Best game ever

Unfortunately, they left out some of the best stuff from the first. What were they thinking?

Flashdeath30:
What on earth was the static sort of noise near the end? Was that only me, or was there something annoyingly beeping in the background at one point?

I got it too. It sounds exactly like a mobile phone syncing next to a receiver. So next time Yahtzee might want to move his mobile away from his mic when recording these things.

Being a WoW subscriber... I found that joke very funny!

Yathzee. There is NO control issues with Crackdown 1 at all. If you are having issues then get a new controller. Problem solved.

That said Crackdown 2 is a good game....however Crackdown 1 is BETTER.....

Now to the guy that was wrongfully punished for saying that it had worse graphics than CD1....he is indeed wrong. The graphics are the same.

PurpleLeafRave:
I think I might get Transformers: War For Cybertron instead of Crakdown 2 now. I'm happy with Crackdown 1, and if nothing's changed, I'm not paying Ł40 for it.

If you have to think about the choice between transforming robots in space and a cop, then you must think about your priorities dear sir;)
No, seriously Transformers:WfC is better in every single way, imho.

Eventhough CD2 is bad, it's not THAT bad. Sure the story is thin, and the city stayed the same(which could also be viewed as good), but it's still pretty fun to use supercharged punches to make the ground explode >=)

MiracleOfSound:
Crackdown 2 graphics and mechanics

+

Crackdown 1 missions and building interiors

=

Best game ever

Unfortunately, they left out some of the best stuff from the first. What were they thinking?

Different developer, different ideas.

Realtime Worlds > Ruffian Games

Thought that could have been more critical. Not only does Crackdown 2 not appear to add anything that justifies it being a sequel rather than DLC, it actually takes away the structure and flimsy storyline of the first game.

I enjoyed the cell phone feedback part :)

BlueInkAlchemist:
As a WoW subscriber, I must say that there's nothing to fear about direct sunlight. It just needs to be handled in the same way as direct interactions with people and any sort of interaction with customer service: in small doses while covered in lotion to prevent skin damage.

What kind of lotion would you slather on to prevent people talking to y . . .ooooooh.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here