I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 20: Friday Night in Vornheim

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode 20: Friday Night in Vornheim

The party completes their quest and now it's time for some fun.

Watch Video

So medusae also have problems with teenagers? ;)

Sorry to see Justine go. Going to miss her.

I like the black & white picture of the medusa queen's house. Zak's?

Nooooo don't make Justine go!

Wait, Justine is going? She was just getting the hang for it.

Who's next?

Awesome episode and it got me really curious about the "sneaky person" plot. Are they after Satine's new character? maybe people sent by the medusa? or both! Regardless I'm really looking forward for the next IHIWMA fix.

And I can't resist: Nooo!! Justine don't go! We love you!

Finally! Been waiting for this episode all day but it was worth it. Great work, and hope Justine gets to come back soon, the bit of her fighting with her mother was hilarious because she was so into it.

AArgh! Now I wanna game! I'm gonna miss Justine.

It's a shame to see Justine leave, she was awesome! If I remember rightly, it's Gia Jordan next? No matter who turns up, I'm looking forward to the new "sneaky dude" plot unfolding :D

Also, I've been roped into running ANOTHER D&D game (Too much creative crap! I'm sick of coming up with monsters, organisations and countries! I still haven't got round to writing character descriptions for Satine yet! Blaaaargh!), would there be any strong objections to me "borrowing" Vornheim and the opposite-talking Goblins so I can get on with all the writing I have to do for all my other stuff? :)

Ah, the wonderful world of non-combat interactions - for all the horror stories I have of fumbled traps, doom corridors, and terrible tactical decisions, all those pale in comparison to the awful things that have happened to us thanks to simple interactions in towns, like the time we were tossed naked into a dank hole for a protracted length of time without food or water thanks to my jackass companions somehow starting a rumor that we kidnap and have carnal relations with pigs. Then there was the Tap Room, which my character wisely decided was a den of iniquity and thus did not ever actually enter, that was nightmare-fuel (or a rich source of running jokes, depends on your perspective really).

Ever since the rat incident I've taken to always being on watch and never letting my guard down - I may be slowly going insane from sleep deprivation, but by golly I'll be wearing my tin suit and clutching a broadsword when the inevitable midnight assassination attempt goes down! Which I'm convinced could happen at any moment ever since we randomly (or maybe not, dun dun dun!) stumbled upon some sort of mystical assassin order seemingly comprised entirely of hot chicks (except for this one dude who was evil and apparently rogue and also crazy? I was confused through most of those sessions) that 'inducted' our ranger into their ranks (via smooching and magical hickeys if memory serves) and embroiled us in... something, I've never been entirely clear on just what the hell was going on that night, there appeared to be entirely too many extra-dimensional wineries and the like.

In summation: Be afraid when combat starts; be more afraid when you're back in seemingly perfectly safe towns, because there are just as many pitfalls only now you can't see them because there's no initiative rolls and you accidentally roleplay yourself into an early grave oh noes.

Well Justine looked like she'd enjoyed herself and seemed to do quite well, aside from the repeated mild cases of death that is, thankfully she got better. Hopefully she'd like to have another go at some point.

The storyline is progressing quite nicely and the sneaky creepy guys is a great plot hook.
Out of curiosity, do you just tend to do D&D or have you occasionally branched out in to other games like vampire, star wars or deadlands?

Woop, first quest done! Well done, ladies.

I wonder what is gonna happen next, and I ESPECIALLY wonder about that Chinese puzzle ball.

I mean, is that meant to be the reward? Though, it was given by a traitor queen, was it not? So it could be false and a big reward could be coming at the end of the second quest, or some such.

Gildan Bladeborn:
Ah, the wonderful world of non-combat interactions - for all the horror stories I have of fumbled traps, doom corridors, and terrible tactical decisions, all those pale in comparison to the awful things that have happened to us thanks to simple interactions in towns.

Oh hell yes, I nearly lost a character once because the person I was with was accused of having falsified papers. (even though they were legit, rolling a 1 can really stuff you up) When we were arrested and imprisoned they had us both in the same cell and had a spell to listen in on our conversation.

Another great episode. Good work. Really looking forward to seeing who will be the guest star in the next ten episodes and what character they'll get. Great house design by the way!

PS Woo! Sky Doll in the background!

Feystar:
Well Justine looked like she'd enjoyed herself and seemed to do quite well, aside from the repeated mild cases of death that is, thankfully she got better. Hopefully she'd like to have another go at some point.

The storyline is progressing quite nicely and the sneaky creepy guys is a great plot hook.
Out of curiosity, do you just tend to do D&D or have you occasionally branched out in to other games like vampire, star wars or deadlands?

Hi--Mandy here--yes I'm on Zak's laptop.

We play Call of Cthulhu and are about to start a Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtle (post apocalyptic) game. We also have the Mouse Guard RPG and books so hopefully we'll try that one too some rainy afternoon.

Chaya:
Another great episode. Good work. Really looking forward to seeing who will be the guest star in the next ten episodes and what character they'll get. Great house design by the way!

PS Woo! Sky Doll in the background!

I love my Sky Doll--eagerly awaiting the next installment!

(Oh--this is Mandy on Zak's laptop--not Zak.)

Heheh - I know what that "Chinese puzzle ball" actually is... check out Zak's blog to find out for yourself.

Good episode - the girls' shenanigans in the city are pretty entertaining. We'll miss you, Justine <3

Ooo I hope since Justine's character didn't die and escaped her mother, that she'll come back somewhere down the line.

What lovely lady could be next?! *game show host voice*

Aww Justine was funny...

So me thinking that this is boring content that could be used with better show/s is enough to get a probation nice lol

murphy7801:
how is this pile crap of a webisode still going iv seen road killing rotting more gripping
User was put on probation for this post.(3 days)

So me thinking that this is boring content that could be used with better show/s is enough to get a probation nice lol

Actually I think it was your grammar.

Also: We'd really like to replace 'Axe' with a better show, but, unfortunately, there is not now nor has there ever been, in the history of broadcasting, any show better than 'I Hit It With My Axe'.

Yep, he's right.

Yep.

Zak Sabbath:

murphy7801:
how is this pile crap of a webisode still going iv seen road killing rotting more gripping
User was put on probation for this post.(3 days)

Actually I think it was your grammar.

Also: We'd really like to replace 'Axe' with a better show, but, unfortunately, there is not now nor has there ever been, in the history of broadcasting, any show better than 'I Hit It With My Axe'.

Damn skippy.

Also I would love to see a magic item that increases your characters cock blocking chances. Might be useful for Frankie's character, and her expertise in spot and cockblocking.

Justine was boss. Hope she makes it back for another session somewhere down the line.

Good luck finding a war-beagle!

RIP Peter Steele!

(I assume this was shot before his sad and untimely passing?)

Zak Sabbath:

Feystar:

We play Call of Cthulhu and are about to start a Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtle (post apocalyptic) game. We also have the Mouse Guard RPG and books so hopefully we'll try that one too some rainy afternoon.

I'd love to see you guys/girls playing Call of Cthulhu. Hilarious hijinks with antedeluvian horrors appeals to me for some reason.

Sad to see Justine go, but she seems to have had a good time.

Another top show, well done everybody. And goodbye to Justine, thanks for being so entertaining and hope you make some apearances in the future. It seems like there could have been a good story line developing between Justine and her medusa mah. Missing Roll-play a lot after geting into this show I have convinced my mates to get our old Rifts gang back together and starting with new characters next week. Computer mmorpg's are just not capable of scratching that itch like a good tabletop session. Looking forward to next week. Keep up the good work :)

gallaetha_matt:

Damn skippy.

Also I would love to see a magic item that increases your characters cock blocking chances. Might be useful for Frankie's character, and her expertise in spot and cockblocking.

Justine was boss. Hope she makes it back for another session somewhere down the line.

Good luck finding a war-beagle!

I'm just waiting for the day Frankie declares herself to be a goddess and puts herself above petty things like dice rolls, automatically succeeding in everything she does. The day is coming, you'll see it if you keep watching the show.

Zak Sabbath:

Oooh, Call of Cthulhu!!! I've been trying like mad to get a game going. I want to see if my strategy of intentional and permanent illiteracy would help me survive. I'm pretty sure my AFMBE character would do well in it...except for his being able to read and thus going crazy.

Loved the episode! Non combat situations can be a lot of fun...and as someone said earlier, can also be more likely to land you in serious trouble. I'm also sorry to see Justine go, she was very focused on the game, and it was awesome to see.

On a last note - I wanted to cheer the use of the slur Jerkface by Satine.

Lol @ going clubbing. Whenever I played DnD town was for:
Gambling, drinking, and getting into bar fights with monks.

I would have chased the 'suspicious guys' after scaring them away. Though I guess you guys didn't want to leave the drunk people behind >_<.

Although I'm sure someone else has asked this somewhere down the line, is Kimberly's character name a reference to Bleach?

First time I ever heard a character have a cockblocking trait. Definitely useful in cities I bet.
Bye Justine! Have fun! Come back soon!

Did anyone else find Satine's introduction/description "I'm Shyla. I have a sling and a weasel" to be absolutely hilarious? I almost fell of my chair, I'm still chuckling. I've got to work that into a conversation some time. I'm not sure how, but I will.

I always kind of loved and hated the "at loose ends in the city" periods. Fun because you never know what people are going to do, hated because all the players would end up going to do different things.

So long Justine--hope you make a return sometime and that you keep on gaming.

CoC, eh? That's a great game. Though, sometimes it's annoying since--unless you like rolling new characters all the time--you never really make much headway against the evil ones. Then again, CoC set in an insane asylum--hmmm, ideas....

So this is the last of Justine's run? Sad to see her go.
Although i hear Stoya will be playing soon. Excited to see that.

Nothing good happens when your drunk, especially when your DM is pissed because your going to the bar when he is trying to proceed with the game events. Yes this is a personal experience and no one can find my pants.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here