Featured User Group: The Escapist Gay-mers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Featured User Group: The Escapist Gay-mers

The proud LGBT community gathers in The Escapist Gay-mers group.

Read Full Article

It's good to see that something that most people in the world would avoid as a subject can become a successful User Group with 141 members!

Good on you guys and girls!

I hope those folks in Politics & Religion don't find their way over here...

Anyways I'm glad to see this kind of diversity in my beloved Escapist...

I think that this is great! We have come a long way since the post WWII uber-puritanical movement in America (though, I realize that this is neither an all-American group nor that discrimination is an all-American problem) and it is far past due that the LGBT community is recognized as a vital part of society with the same importance, value and freedoms as the rest of us.

Big ups to everyone.

Ah another good streak for Sharphoe.....I should really post there more often.

Jark212:

Why?

Both Amnestic and Neutral Drow are all for equal rights and are some of the best debaters on the site. They'll rip haters a new one.

That's great really is.
I may not be gay, but I'm a huge gay supporter so I'm really glad to see this being so celebrated =)

Sleekgiant:

Jark212:

Why?

I've seen quite a few haters in that neck of the woods, of course that does not apply to all the users that reside there...

But haters gonna hate regardless...

Jark212:

But haters gonna hate regardless...

This is true :P
Its an unfortunate side effect of having an air of anonymity on this site, people can express opinions without remorse.

Cue the ever-puzzling comment of "as long as they don't rub it in my face", to which I reply: "lolwut?".

Well I think it's wonderful that such a group gets attention. I wonder what group shall be spotlighted next.

What? damn! if i had known this was here I would have joined a long time ago!!!

Oh, CRAP, this interview was up already? No wonder we've had an influx of new members... >____>

Jark212:

Never you fear. Any kind of mongering doesn't fly with myself and the appointed admins on the clock. Luckily, we've only had to permanently kick someone from the group once. And only one person in a whole year is a pretty good ratio, no?

TimeLord:
It's good to see that something that most people in the world would avoid as a subject can become a successful User Group with 141 members!

Good on you guys and girls!

Thank you kindly. I'm glad to know that my idea wasn't as niche as I had originally feared it would be, and it's actually been smooth sailing for quite some time.

Sleekgiant:
Ah another good streak for Sharphoe...

Two for two, baby. XD

Not gay, but a proud member of this group. I haven't been around all that much, but the times I have I've seen people genuinely caring for other people and helping them through tough times. A group that makes this 'Pist proud to be a 'Pist.

Congrats guys.

I had no idea this group existed and I probably qualify for at least two of those letters. Score. That's an atrocious pun, though.

Scobie:
I had no idea this group existed and I probably qualify for at least two of those letters. Score. That's an atrocious pun, though.

I had no idea till now either. I should join up.

Scobie:

Yep, that's the point. Trust me, I knew it was bad when I came up with it. But it's memorable, no?

SharPhoe:

Scobie:

Yep, that's the point. Trust me, I knew it was bad when I came up with it. But it's memorable, no?

It certainly is. It's the kind of terrible pun I or my housemates would make. Consider your group joined, by the way.

Congratulations to everyone over at the Escapist Gay-mers!

I won't include myself in that however, because I'm not nearly as active in the group as I feel I should be.

Good on ya guys, and gals. Nice to see we have a diverse and tolerant community here on the escapist.

I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and I am bisexual myself. I'm glad the Escapists staff decided to interview this group.

(Before anybody asks. Yes, I have been attracted to males in the past both sexually and emotionally and I still am to one.

Congratulations all over the User Group.

I am not gay, but still I am happy of you.

AndyFromMonday:
I'm a huge proponent of gay rights and I am bisexual myself. I'm glad the Escapists staff decided to interview this group.

(Before anybody asks. Yes, I have been attracted to males in the past both sexually and emotionally and I still am to one.

I really don't think anyone was going to ask, it's no big deal :/

OT, I didn't know about this group until now. I joined but i still have no idea what the whole group thing is.

It never seemed worth making a fuss over to me but i suppose it'd be nice for those living in less tolerant areas ^_^

Dexiro:

AndyFromMonday:

I really don't think anyone was going to ask, it's no big deal :/

Bisexuality seems to be the new "hip trend for hipsters" nowadays. Everyone's a "bisexual" nowadays which is why I said that, to sort of "assure" people I'm not bullshitting.

Sweet! Congrats guys and girls :)

Ah, I love the smell of diversity and acceptance in the morning.

Gay-mers was the first group I joined on this site. I was glad I did the first minute I joined the chat. Hopefully this will revive it since it has been very slow lately.

Great to see a group promoting a variety of what should really come naturally; complete and utter acceptance of any and all life-styles that doesn't include harming others.

Congratulations on being featured, You've got my support.

Jark212:

Anyways I'm glad to see this kind of diversity in my beloved Escapist...

Oh, the relentless stereotyping of us R&P folks, it hurts so very much...

Actually not really, but seriously, most members of the R&P forum are reasoned and decent enough to not hold anything against being gay, and that doesn't just go for the Agnostics/Atheists such as myself

This is quite a bit more support than I had originally banked on, really. Y'know, sometimes I love being wrong.

comadorcrack:
That's great really is.
I may not be gay, but I'm a huge gay supporter so I'm really glad to see this being so celebrated =)

You're a supporter of huge gays? What about small and regular sized gays? Dont they deserve your acceptence also? :)

All Hail the Letter "B"!!!

Darkspectar:
All Hail the Letter "B"!!!

Actually, you'd be surprised just how often someone asks what the letters stand for, especially the "T".

I'm in :D I had no idea it existed until now. I'd like to express my thanks to Kuliani for being such a supportive Site Admin as well, just the fact that he features great groups like this on the front page is over 9000 kinds of awesome.

interesting play on words

zp=funiestthingever:
interesting play on words

And yet, I didn't think of it first. Apparently, there's a booze out there called Gaymers, if I recall.

Went to the Brighton Gay Pride event yesterday. Twas interesting. My favourite bit was this sign I saw advertising Lesbian Mud Wrestling. It really brought out the sexiness of being unclean for me.

Oh no... You've been noticed now...

Next up on Fox and Friends, how the gays are taking over the Internet! <gasp> Is your child being exposed to radical sexual extremism on the web?!?

Actually, I wish Fox would do something on that; just so I could watch Jon Stewart tear 'em apart (again). Anyways, good luck with your group.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here