LoadingReadyRun: Videogame Fighting Tournament

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Could always have gone with some Dead or Alive girls. That would show Shang Tsung that you mean silly business.

I really want this sketch to continue, I think the premise is amazing.

I really wanted to see what that fight would have looked like.

God, I don't think I've ever seen such a weird concept pulled off so well. Top stuff, end to end.

'Up yours, Shang Tsung!'

One of the best episodes in a long while, good job.

Good acting, Graham. You do a really convincing frazzled.

My money's on A Ninja.

About 30s in I though; "I bet this was written by Jer." Didn't get all the references, but that doesn't matter, enjoyed it C:

YaY! I got all the references! unfortunately including the one about Snookie. I hope this sketch keeps going, as I'm a HUGE fighting game fan and sometimes participate in underground fighting tournaments. Easiest way to make money ever.

Guys, that was fantastic :D

Graham and Paul make such a perfect team!

Graham, your performance and sweaty, stressed out panic was fantastic... not sure if you channeled real life stress at getting this comedy gold ready for The Escapist :P

I'm always amazed you guys get this together in such a short space of time; writing, acting, rehearsing, editing, titles, sounds... catering? Ok,I've run out of production related challenges... But you know what I'm getting at. I think...

As usual, you brightened up my day enormously :D

sub-zero :P
also, more swearing than usual, but it aint a bad thing :P

Pure Brilliance. Good job guys.

Actually that would make a cool sim game: "Underground Fighting Tournament Organizer."

You really outdid yourselves, great work.

I'm amazed how many references I got considering I haven't owned a single fighting game outside of Smash Bros. Geek osmosis is a wonderful thing.

I can't believe you guys missed out on the ultimate matchup possibility: Billy and Jimmy Lee vs. Red Guy and White Guy from Karate Champ.

..but seriously, I laughed, hard.

Jbird:
I believe these tournaments should be sponsored under one organization. It'll make the match-ups less of a hassle.

But then we'd have to call it something silly, like "Super Dead or Soul Fist Kombat Fighter... vs. Marvel", or something. Imagine the costs of T-shirt printing!

sketchesofpayne:
Actually that would make a cool sim game: "Underground Fighting Tournament Organizer."

Oh, I'd SO buy that.

awesome once again!
i did not get all the jokes but the ones i did get was pure gold!

was Paul wearing a Rogers shirt? shame Paul!

Awsome. The Jersey Shore smack was pretty good.

Did anyone else pick up on the creepy doll dog from last Commodore Hustle on Graham's desk at the beginning?

EDIT: Also Lrr makes Mondays not like a certain Boomtown rats song. :)

Well, I guess they could have gotten Gilgamesh from Dissidia (and alot of the rest of the final fantasy series but Dissidia's the fighting game) to cover for Goro.

Awesome episode! You could have booked Sheeva though: a four-armed female! And this is a missed opportunity to see Kathleen as Kitana...

Alar:
"This fight... is amazing!"

Damn you for not showing us the awe-inspiring wonder of ancient graphics going hella crazy in a martial artist exhibition!

I'd totally want to see that fight!

I, uhm, didn't catch any of that.
*shame*

I suspect that if I did play fighting games (other than SSBB) I might have enjoyed this more.

I know y'all are on Canada time or whatever, but I'm pretty sure the 7th is a Saturday.

Woem:
Awesome episode! You could have booked Sheeva though: a four-armed female!

Come to think of it.... what, was that four-armed tiger guy Kintaro not available either?

A great video, as always. :)

One minor quibble, and this is probably intentional, but the character known alternately as Balrog and Bison is the American boxer, whereas it sounds more like you're talking about the Shadaloo dictator, who goes by Bison and Vega. (And yes, for those keeping score at home, the Spaniard with the mask and claws is Vega and Balrog.)

It would be awesome now if someone would throw together an Ultimate Facepunch League video game, populated with random castoffs like Sektor, A Ninja... and the handful who didn't cancel, like Mishima, Riptor, and Blue Suede Goo. You could try including Voldo too, if the reality show falls through.

"Ninja" goes down in two punches. My money's on Akira.

The Rogue Wolf:

sketchesofpayne:

Oh, I'd SO buy that.

Another vote here!

Anyone got the skills to make a simple but addictive game based on surviving the stressful trials we have just witnessed?

post script /edit.
I've now watched this LRR episode at least 6 times. It's just amazing.

Haha, man this is where loving fighting games really comes in handy :D That was great, lol.

That was one of the funniest videos I have seen on the Escapist yet. And I totally remember that Ninja!

Akira called, VF5FS just got released in arcades...

There's about 50 SNK characters without jobs out there.

And an almost entire Darkstalkers cast who are just itching.

Someone should mugen a tournament together of every fighting game character that hasn't been in a game for the last ten years.

Ah, that Scotsman from Kasumi Ninja is just going to mess everybody up anyway so who cares.

Woops...

I hate you guys... do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to get that fight idea out of my oh look! A Penny!

So many good ideas here. Awesome episode.

Man, I wish I could see that fight.

BehattedWanderer:
Could always have gone with some Dead or Alive girls. That would show Shang Tsung that you mean silly business.

Add Rumble Roses and some mud and you got a serious winner.

Oddly noone has mentioned that it's Scorpion,not SubZero who pulls the spines out. Excellent work as always. LLR makes me smile and giggle in ways that make my parents confused and that's a good thing

YES! The ninja from Bruce Lee! XD That's awesome!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here