Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

"Money is the root of all evil" a lot of people get this quote wrong for some reason, the actual quote from the Bible is "1 Timothy 6:10 THE LOVE of Money is the root of all kinds of evil"

Anyways good review as always, if I had an Xbox 360 I would probably buy that Limbo game, it sort of reminds me of "Knytt" which is a different game on PC.

If only limbo wasn't xbox exclusive, I hate that shit. Its the only console I don't have.

At what point did we decide to start pointing out that every game is a clone of every other game when we've known this since gaming was invented? o_O We don't do this with movies when there's no difference.

It's called a genre! And as such it's going to have very many similarities to all other games in it's GENRE.

Also, Gears of War is the only game of it's kind o_O

Limbo make me remember games like Oddworld and Hearth of Darkness.
If one day it comes to the PC, I'll buy.

Im kind of confused about the last comment. I am pretty sure that Yahtzee replied that he played all games on Medium mode. So how could he say that War For Cybertron players can eat a dick, when he doesn't even go as far as the hardest mode on that game? I mean hey, he got bent over by Demon's Souls, so I can understand if he is confused about what Easy and Hard actually is, but unless he played the hardest mode, he can't really call the game "easy".

And at least the game is better then the movie. The most recent pile of diarrhea movie.

All you people blathering about Starcraft 2 just got trolled. :)

And yeah, it's the love of money that's the root of all evil. Well, according to the Bible, if you're into that kind of thing.

YOU DARE TALK ABOUT STARCRAFT 2 AND WITH OUT A REVIEW YOU MASSIVE TURD. YOU ARE A GAME CRITIC AND YOU NEVER PLAYED IT AND YET YOU CALL IT BAD WTF!

greenflash:
YOU DARE TALK ABOUT STARCRAFT 2 AND WITH OUT A REVIEW YOU MASSIVE TURD. YOU ARE A GAME CRITIC AND YOU NEVER PLAYED IT AND YET YOU CALL IT BAD WTF!

See this is why. He doesn't play the game, and if he were to review it, he would probably miss out on most ofthe detail. And plus, he would be boring the hell out of himself for reviewing it. Relax you troll, go play the game and tell yourself that it is good. You don't need any confirmation.

Edit: And he never said that it was bad. He said he doesn't like RTS games. Get your facts straight.

That was a very nice 180 of him when he started talking about limbo.

Very funny.

Liked the pics accompanying your limbo review.

Haha, that was pretty good. It does remind me of some of the older ZPs, although I'm not sure why. I've loved them all and this one was no different. Maybe it's got something to do with his "money is the root of all evil" thing at the start.

So I'm getting the feeling that he doesn't lke War for Cybertron!

Limbo was phenomenal

End of story

To be frank the length was not magnificent but the atmosphere was good for more than just our over-stereotyped friends with dark hair and the puzzles deserve some more credit as I found myself stumped once or twice and ready for another little box move and jump before the saw blade rips my pleasant 10 year old boy into oblivion

Yes you see what I did there? The no punctuation. Boy am I cheeky

Great review and now I'm off to have a crack at Limbo.

WOULD YOU KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPIDERS ALREADY! THEY GIVE US THE WILLIES!

the silhouette one wasn't too bad I suppose and was part of the game but those horrible hairy monsters brought out on signs? Blllleauuurgh!

Interesting, your review for deathspark- it made me think of my experience with Postal 2. With no doubt, Postal 2 was totally awful as a single player fps. However, its humor carried the whole whole game by leaps and bounds. is this the formula deathspark follows with its parody of the modern rpg? i don't know, but i shall investigate myself as soon as I can afford to rent.

THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL YOU GIANT TWAT, YAHTZEE.

I had a good chuckle at the StarCraft II joke at the end.

Wonderful review ^~^! I just checked out Limbo after I watched this review. It looks like it would be difficult to see anything. It's very atmospheric though >~<!

HerbertTheHamster:
Why do I get the feeling Mogworld isn't very well written if Yahtzee can't even spell "artifact" properly... :(

You do know that outside of America people occasionally spell things differently? Like, for example, in Britain, the country from which English originated, and also Yahtzee's own place of birth?

OT: I nearly woke everyone up in my house this morning laughing at the first joke. Thank you Yahtzee, I really needed some good old ZP stress release yesterday.

Yay, Yahtzee stands up for awesome indie games. I think.

I'm sorry I had to stop this half way through, I like ZP usually but this week it was boring as.

What's with all the people commenting and saying that Gears of War is unique? It's a third person shooter wher you play as a macho power armoured military jargon spitting drones who are fighting against aliens with their ally; the chest high wall. That sure is unique.

I felt that way when I played Deathspank. I thought... oh god I accidentally bought a Diablo clone. I hate these types of games with mindless quests, silly loot tables, isometric camera, etc. Also, I didn't find the humor to be very humorous.

Haven't tried Limbo yet, but I'll probably pass on that as well because I despise trial and error games.

RadiusXd:
i thought Yahtzee was pefectly reasonable when he explained he was unqualified to evaluate rts games, however, i do feel the attitude inherent in his closing message was both a strong constrast to his reason in extra puntuation and that it was needlessly hurtful.

If he isn't gonna review it then it isn't in his circle of expertise, so why does he keep dredging the subject up in a childish manner?

Maybe because his fans are childish in a way that they still want him to review Starcraft 2 even after reading his Extra Punctuation?

Centrophy:
I felt that way when I played Deathspank. I thought... oh god I accidentally bought a Diablo clone. I hate these types of games with mindless quests, silly loot tables, isometric camera, etc. Also, I didn't find the humor to be very humorous.

Haven't tried Limbo yet, but I'll probably pass on that as well because I despise trial and error games.

Isn't every game trial and error? I have not yet been exposed to a game wherein you never fail...not yet anyways.

JacobyPAX:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.

Yahtzee has always made small quips about things he hasn't fully reviewed. If he couldn't take a pot shot at a game he hasn't fully reviewed, then he wouldn't be able to make half his jokes.

Besides, he said imn Extra Punctuation that he doesn't care about a full game.

THis was a rather nostagic review. As people have said before me, it feels very much like the old reviews. It was well done

Straz:
THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL YOU GIANT TWAT, YAHTZEE.

Really dude? What's with the attitude. Contribute something wityh discussion value in the forums or don't post. There is literally no point to this

greenflash:

Hey! Do yourself a favor, read the Extra punctuation where he tells you straight up: He doesn't give a shit. He pops quips at games he hasn't played all the time, but the moment he says it about Starcraft you get pissed?

Stop trolling

Zeroththeking:
Im kind of confused about the last comment. I am pretty sure that Yahtzee replied that he played all games on Medium mode. So how could he say that War For Cybertron players can eat a dick, when he doesn't even go as far as the hardest mode on that game? I mean hey, he got bent over by Demon's Souls, so I can understand if he is confused about what Easy and Hard actually is, but unless he played the hardest mode, he can't really call the game "easy".

And at least the game is better then the movie. The most recent pile of diarrhea movie.

"Medium" difficulty is always described as what is good for the average gamer. Hard is for the hardcore gamers and easy is for people NEW to that sort of game. So medium is meant to be the level most playable.

He doens't play on hard because some games only pump up the difficulty a bit, while others set the mode to "Anal Fist Me" and he doens't have time for that. So he plays on what MOST people will play the game on, what the average person will play the game on.

If you need hard mode to have a good game, great! Not ALL of us do. So his reviews are actually more accurate since he plays on the average difficulty

Limbo was a great game...though I agree about it being far too short.

angelblack:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(

Oh well, entertaining nevertheless.

edit: it was practically the first RTS I finished since I don't like this genre and it was still awesome.
what do you say yahtzee, screw Halo Wars and start with this one?

Didn't you read his article? No starcraft. Ever. He doesn't get RTS's end of story.

Choices choices.

My brother bought Deathspank and I tried Limbo out. I think I'd rather eat the dick. Thanks. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here