LoadingReadyRun: Bad News

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I was really hoping to see the spiky hair hero or brown hair hero with 5 o'clock shadow.

LOL at Graham busting out all the cliche shit villains do in anime/video games. Graham sounds like Legend of Zelda boss while Jer sounds like a DMC4 badguy and Kathleen sounds like a MGS villain(use something else besides your basic weapons to beat the boss) and and Paul reminds me M.Bison with that "Fire Crusher" move

May I just say to Paul, "Gargle."

If Kathleen is reading this I want her to know that she may seduce my pants off whenever she pleases.

Other than that, hilarious video guys! I loved the life insurance line. Keep up the great work!

Ed.:

Sampsa:
Nice use of gaming clicès. Were those tattoos like thingies permanent or what, in Graham's arms?

their special sleeves they sometimes use, appeared in ENN once.

Alternatively: stockings! :)

Great video indeed.

if all villins thought like that then imagin how tuff games would be

Kathleen. I bloody would.

And great video, v funny :)

That was amazing and when in doubt trust the butler.

coldfrog:

Because he fits in while the second most popular look for a leading male Hero character which has been on the rise in recent years Solid Snake,Naked Snake(aka Big Boss), Marcus Fenix, Gordon Freeman & Nathan Drake to name a few. Which is also why Kathleen said I guess the Spiky look is so last generation.

Noxshadow:
I see this as a product of perusing TvTropes, and the Evil Overlord List. And I love it.

ahiddenfigure:
I swear this video was just to get people stuck on TV Tropes, wasn't it? I mean, what have we seen in this video?

The aforementioned (Wrong)Genre Savvy
Mighty Whitey (referenced in the stinger)
Anime Hair (spikey hair)
The Sorting Algorithm of Evil (enemies get harder the closer you get to the big-bad)
Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?
And many more...

And for those returning to this post after clicking all the links, and realising 2 hours have passed, you're welcome.

Oh, and great video guys.

Not everything has to be an idea from TvTropes it could be an idea from play these types of games 1st hand several times over the years which how they got on TvTropes in the 1st place.

That's it Paul is officially the new World Overlord. The slicked-back hair combined with the glasses is too evil to waste.

trust Milo:
why can't they fix the iPhone so it plays flash videos, it make me angry

because apple hates all other companies but themselves.

Haaahaha, that was hilarious!

..and only by summarizing what everyone has already played through many times before. :-)

Nice outfits! Goth Kathleen is cool, so is Paul, and.. all of you look really villainish.

P.S.: Did I mention, I love my new Avatar?

ReaperzXIII:

Grahav:
Thaks for this site.

The villains now must be warned against space marines.

Don't open that site! You will be sucked into a eternal TvTrope Singularity that no one man can possibly break out of!

I am already stuck at the Escapist singularity. I don't think TvTrope can steal me from it.

On a second thought aren't we all prisioners of the internet singularity?

It's always the Spiky Hair >.<

coldfrog:

Holy crap you're right. That's the first time that old cliché properly used as a punchline. Anyways awesome work guys!

Only 320? I've fought temptresses twice that age!

liamwazhere:
what game is this suppose to be making fun of?

ALL OF THEM!

Damn that was a good one and damn you villians for making me almost go to tvtropes! D:

Am I the only one who thought Evil Kathleen was really hot with the dye job for her hair?

I have to congratulate you on the absolutely awesome choice of cards. Shadow masters FTW.

Also, it was pretty hilarious.

somelameshite:

Hubilub:
Poor video game villains, always succumbing to tropes. Good thing Graham has turned Genre Savvy.

Oh, wait, he was Wrong Genre Savvy.

Why yes, I have just survived a 15 hour marathon on TvTropes. How did you guess?

You just made me google those tropes and now I got linked to TVTropes AGAIN. Curse you!

The Tropers strike again! MUAHAHAHA!

Evil!Graham's got it right, though: Never leave 'em alive.

whaleswiththumbs:

I've never seen the "Kathleen" level is a game, usually i'd be carrying the mirror for the past 10 years and finally have a use for it.

Legend of Zelda - Mirror shield comes to mind.

Loved this episode.

I doubt even the spikey hair kid could resist Kathleens charms, I know I couldent.

Great episode so true in every way.

VIKING SECRET WILDCARD POKER! YEAH.

Also, very nice. The vid made its was into my top 30 LRR.

Ah, that was a particularly good episode.

Genius, and yes, Nathan Drake would propably have won.

Making a kid wear his father's head as a hat, they certainly have better ideas than most villains.

Best one so far.

Ha! This is possibly the best one yet

Hubilub:
Poor video game villains, always succumbing to tropes. Good thing Graham has turned Genre Savvy.

Oh, wait, he was Wrong Genre Savvy.

Why yes, I have just survived a 15 hour marathon on TvTropes. How did you guess?

what the fuck is a trope and what was the character reference at the end there?

That was fun. They're clearly getting pretty good with their video editing suite.

You know, maybe we shouldn't hope for better AI in our games. If it gets smart enough this just might happen to all our enemies and then what would we do to play?

Just run around in an empty space because all the baddies took off rather than get blown away by the protagonist.

I really think this concept is good enough to start a new series. These characters MUST continue! Long live Evil Kathleen!

aww i really wanted to see the spiky haired guy...

also, i did not get the ending. cann anyone explain? i'm too stupid to figure it out. was it all a decoy to get rid of that other guy?

i64ever:
Evil Kathleen is the best Kathleen.

I think I may have to watch that again... Kathleen's sultry voice... wow....

Brilliant video, guys!
Paul was brilliant as the suave, pompous leader :D "Impossible!"

Jeremy was nice and manic and Graham kinda stole the show with his ranting "I'm catching the first plane off this continent!"

That. Was awesome.

Loved this one guys! and Kathleen's best role yet.

FlameUnquenchable:

whaleswiththumbs:

I've never seen the "Kathleen" level is a game, usually i'd be carrying the mirror for the past 10 years and finally have a use for it.

Legend of Zelda - Mirror shield comes to mind.

Loved this episode.

Ahh.. never really gotten into the Zelda games. So that would make sense.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here