Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

There's only one way out of Hell, and that's through it. Or, you could just not play.

Watch Video

cool episode

Well this is certainly overdue!
"Shouldn't we have better maps considering we're about to jump out of this airplane?" Sadly no, because this game is historically accurate
Russel Cameo! AWSOME

Wait, what? Didn't catch any of that. The jokes were funny though :)

I was wondering when the Russel joke would return. Also, the sound from the voices sounds a bit, odd.

Typo.

What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.

Swing and a miss

unacomn:
I was wondering when the Rustle joke would return. Also, the sound from the voices sounds a bit, odd.

Uh, pretty sure it's "Russel". As in "Russel Crow".

Anyway, am I crazy, or was something wrong with their mics?

Still, good episode.

so this is like blood dimond exept every one wants that pistol right?

Good episode; but what was the deal with the mic this time.

My name is matthew, im in england, and im broke!
im honestly not kidding!
this game was actual quite good, very tactical, but too easy compared to the previous ones, and the tank bits were stupid

I am AFK:
so this is like blood dimond exept every one wants that pistol right?

nope the pistol is supposed to be cursed. anyone who touches it except matthew dies, like his childhood friend, leggett (glasses guy), allen and garnett (hole in superman/hock in england guys)

Antidamacus:
Swing and a miss

What were they swinging AT?
Also, Graham and Paul might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!

Nice Big Lebowski reference, made me chuckle.

Couldn't tell anyone of them apart either, for that matter.

Orthon:
Nice Big Lebowski reference, made me chuckle.

Couldn't tell anyone of them apart either, for that matter.

youve got to play a LOT to finally recognise some of them, and even then its by very obvious things. pale guy with dark eyes is corrion, dying guy in the hospital (what the building is) is franky. ginger guy with freckles who shot the german is hartsock, guy with glasses is leggett. there are 2 other people not in the video i recognise at sight, and ive been through the game MANY times

Blue-State:

Antidamacus:
Swing and a miss

Also, Guys might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!

he was overrated as a general. he got lucky at el-alamein, as rommel had barely any reinforcements, due to the invasion of russia
he wasnt bad, but here in england he is very highly regarded
he messed up in holland, but any mission could have messed up anywhere. and theoretically, had it worked, the war would have been a year shorter. but if you go into "if it had worked..." we could be here for hours. best to just leave the past where it is
very few games present america losing at any point. MOH:airborne did O:MG, but according to that it was a success. man, that was a disjointed game
shame there probably isnt going to be a sequel, as it was set up to be the arnhem offensive, probably americas biggest loss in WW2. no other FPS has touched that, to my knowledge
germany counter attacked across a large stretch, mainly filled with green US troops who thought germany was nearly beat. the armour rolled unimpeded through arnhem, as bad weather grounded aircraft
was pretty nasty, and could have given germany some breathing space, but the weather cleared up and experienced pockets of US troops held out
ive probably missed a lot, but thats the basis of the arnhem offensive

Blue-State:

Also, Graham and Paul might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!

Kinda surprised they wouldn't know that. Wasn't it also referenced in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (it was a multiplayer map at least IIRC)?

I also think the mic's were stuffed for some reason. Think they need new ones ...that or their usual mic's broke and they had to use backups. :P

hawk533:
What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.

It's basically a summary of the previous two games.

It was hard to tell what was really going on?? I know they want to make this war gamer personal but I also wanted to huge set pieces like Utah beach or the night invasion before Normandy etc...

Premonition:

hawk533:

Okay, I've never played a Brothers in Arms game before. It seems like it was made for people that have actually played the other games.

You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...

I want to play Hos in Arms now, well not until I finish the Bros in Arms games first.

Good to see Russell again too.

The Cheezy One:

Blue-State:

Antidamacus:
Swing and a miss

Also, Guys might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!

he was overrated as a general. he got lucky at el-alamein, as rommel had barely any reinforcements, due to the invasion of russia
he wasnt bad, but here in england he is very highly regarded
he messed up in holland, but any mission could have messed up anywhere. and theoretically, had it worked, the war would have been a year shorter. but if you go into "if it had worked..." we could be here for hours. best to just leave the past where it is

Let me just say image

Premonition:

hawk533:

Not a very good summery because I didn't understand any of it. Well except that it was WWII (again), shit was being blown up, and some guys were passing a silver gun around. And I was able to figure out The Prestige and it jumped around just about as much.

Hooray for Russel! Everybody loves Russel.
On a side note, did anyone else notice the 'R' on that one guy's helmet? I think he's secretly working for Team Rocket.

Holy shit; the guy who's screaming about screaming is the same actor from Haze.

And good grief, this game looks ugly. Its as if each soldier needed to be hit with the ugly-stick before shipping out.

If that cutscene was supposed to explain ANYTHING about the game, it failed...I don't even know what happened...Funny though

World War II has been played longer than it was actually fought and I think it is time to let it end.

My sister bought me this game and Halo Wars for Christmas.

She is no longer allowed to buy me games I have not directly specified that I want.

I have problems following some Unskippable episodes because I find myself trying to understand what's going on in the cutscene. I had no problem here, because this cutscene was incomprehensible.

Nice delivery on, "Maybe you should put on the goggles that are on your helmet."

Good to hear I was not the only one thinking there was something wrong with their mics.

Aside from that, good episode.

I actually played this game yesterday and didn't look forward to see the cut scene again. :P

Wait, Brothers in Arms is about the same battle that Watership Down was based on? Fuck. Now I might actually have to play it.

Tharwen:
You've never heard of Operation Market Garden?

Hmm... I thought that was one of the more famous ones...

Probably more in Britain than in the States, since it was an operation involving British and Polish soldiers, but not US ones.

Graham sounded worryingly pleased at the idea of a secret love affair in the squad...

If you're going to jump out of an airplane in it, shouldn't your helmet have a chin strap or some means of staying on your head so it doesn't fly off in the first three seconds of drop?

Also found myself thinking during the "yelling in the smoke" scene- given the orders you guys were given, aren't you about to be mowed down by friendly fire? Well, at least you're not yelling in German, I guess...

somewhere over normandy is about as specific as you can get with the airborne battalions. Read up on your history you find that almost no one was where they were supposed to be mostly cause no one knew where they were. also i don't know, spoofing a world war 2 game especially the airborne guys just seems in bad taste to me.

dunno seems a rare miss to me...

Funny episode and finally something from Russel again. Haven't heard anything from that guy in a long time.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here