Stolen Pixels #219: Mythbombers

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #219: Mythbombers

Everyone knows that the best way to test a myth is to blow something up. The TF2 guys just don't beat around the bush.

Read Full Article

I love Mythbusters, and explosions are cool. Good as always, Shamus.

There are people out there without alien killing flamethrowers? For shame! Though that may explain a few things about my neighbour who doesn't own one... I'm going to go as if he likes mythbusters just to be sure...

Glamorgan:
I love Mythbusters, and explosions are cool. Good as always, Shamus.

What he said. although I do have an issue with their plane ripping apart from bullethole test. still think at altitude that would be more of a danger

lol
Think buying flametrowers is legal in some of the united state... i dont own one, but if someone told me they dont like Mythbuster i eighter go buy one or make one

What he said. although I do have an issue with their plane ripping apart from bullethole test. still think at altitude that would be more of a danger

I would have thought that frictional forces would have done a lot more too. That plane should have been travelling about 600-700mph.

I would replace my blood with this show. It's that damn awesome.

Mythbusters is the greatest show ever. Hilarious as always Shamus!

Mythbusters? Pfft. What a lame-ass show. Who watches that crap? The only reason anyone would want to watch it is if their brains were tuGFUNKDTUDERFzzzzzzz... BOOM!!

*This person is no longer available to reach. Please do not try to contact them again for any reason.*

In tune with the ridiculous news nowadays:

SHAMUS TOLD ME TO START KILLING PEOPLE SO I WILL BECAUSE I AM IMPRESSIONABLE

Pure genius.

Instant winner---Best Stolen Pixels EVER.

I loled so hard. And I'm at work.

"They don't just tell the myths, they blow them to kingdom come!"

GENIUS!

tf2, mythbusters and fallout 3... particularly pantsplosions... awesome

I presume that the alien identification method only actually works with male aliens? All the female ones are (not?) watching Sex in the City, apparently.

While I'm not sure I condone the idea of turning a flamethrower to people who can't afford television sets, I do understand that pretty much everyone should like Mythbusters and that if you don't, you're weird.

Epic! Great take on the modern mythbusters XD

Shamus Young:

"But Shamus! I don't have a flamethrower!" Oh really? That's just the sort of lame-ass excuse an alien would use when told to kill one of his own kind.

Alien!

Shit, you got me there!

Nice one though.

On another note; explosions always make things better, even if it doesn't.

Is it wrong that I would watch that show?

OT: Wait, is it proven that Mythbusters in an alien test? Because, when I try it, I always just end up incinerating my house. Maybe we should send this in to Mythbusters for testing.

Mythbusters is not just a show, it's a belief system, in SCIENCE. Part of the reason it's so great is because 7 out of 5 Mythbusters agree that the world is just awesome.

I always approve of violence against the Scout. He must suffer because he is annoying. Please blow up more scouts.
Or have a Pyro set them on fire.

Well, I guess I'm an alien then, because I can't support a show that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on stuff to blow up. Maybe I'm just missing the point, though.

The comic made me laugh, but most likely for the wrong reasons.

Shamus Young:
Snip

Of course it would explode, if you pulled the pin first.

But what about... MINES?

The Shady Sands Shuffle claims another victim.

Im sure Michael Bay could be a good mythbuster

Oh dude, I had so much fun with that achievement. That is ONE prime example how an achievement will extend your awareness what you can do with the game. Fable II had such achievements.

Excellent pixel, I remember blowing up Alistair from his balcony with this trick.

oh shit, this is the proof of your 21st side. myth not bomberd.

Straying Bullet:
Oh dude, I had so much fun with that achievement. That is ONE prime example how an achievement will extend your awareness what you can do with the game. Fable II had such achievements.

Excellent pixel, I remember blowing up Alistair from his balcony with this trick.

this about chievements I realised when they started appearing in PC games. buT I don't remember one game where they really serve as something other than chores, I don't even want them to have ingame benefits, just make such that tell you where the fun is and use those, if that was the case, I'd be happy to have achievements in every game(there are even flash games where achievements are the main theme).

That was hilarious!

Extra points for the Mythbusters stuff; I love it and it looks like many others do too, which is always a nice thing.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Well, I guess I'm an alien then, because I can't support a show that spends hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on stuff to blow up. Maybe I'm just missing the point, though.

Oh give them a little more credit; they blow shit up, it's true, but they also do some real stuff as well; like doing some work on old idioms like "A rolling stone gathers no moss" and "Shooting fish in a barrel". Not to mention myths that circulate around. It can be surprising sometimes what they bust or confirm.

Of course if you still don't like the show... eh, your choice.

this is my favorite stolen pixels so far it has the 3 things i find funny. Fallout 3 grenade in pocket, mythbusters, and Tf2 wacky.

MGlBlaze:

Oh give them a little more credit; they blow shit up, it's true, but they also do some real stuff as well; like doing some work on old idioms like "A rolling stone gathers no moss" and "Shooting fish in a barrel". Not to mention myths that circulate around. It can be surprising sometimes what they bust or confirm.

Of course if you still don't like the show... eh, your choice.

I do like their old stuff, when they tested myths that were actually debatable, and I enjoy their new viral video episodes, but everything else lately seems to just be a self parody.

No pot dealers have been hurt in the producing of this comic.

Explosions are stupid and lungs are delicous. Whole Discovery channel went dumb - sounds a lot like Mtv.

That was a good one. You need to do more Team Fortress stuff.

lol
You'd think the soldier would have more experience blowing things up than the engineer.
On the other hand, the engineer has more experience in science, but I don't know.
Good as always, Shamus.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or