Costumes of Gen Con 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Gotta love Cosplay! had a friend to go this and tell me absolutly some fantastic ones! Glad to see snapshot for myself

My only complaint with the Big Daddy is that the bottom half looks way too thin and scraggly. It doesn't fit with the top half, other than that, they're all pretty cool (Master Chief casual wear says hi).

PedroSteckecilo:
That last dude ain't no crazy warrior, well... he is, but he's a specific one, he's a Warhammer Fantasy Dwarf.

He looks like Gotrek from Gotrek and Felix.

Before I even Read the Caption on Khaaaan Photo I screamed KHAAAAAAAAN!

How could someone go to Gen Con and not immediately recognize Tim the Enchanter? Do they teach kids nothing these days?

Was the Narutards picture really needed in there? It just seems redundant at this point. People in regular clothes are more interesting.

I liked the Obi-Wan, since the guy actually looked like him from the movie.

My hat goes off to the Big Daddy/Little Sister combo. Now *that* is cosplaying! =D

TimeLord:
I love the Jack Sparrow! That must have taken alot to prepare!

Oyea the TARDIS is awesome too!

Thank you (I'm Captain Jack Sparrow in the pic).
It took 3 years putting it together (a "screen accurate" version). I've been doing this as a hobby for about 5 years now. It takes about and hour to put it all on correctly, wrapping the sash and getting the makeup correct. Probably an hour to get out of it and cleaned up too -A newfound respect for girls and their makeup I might add. Removing eyeliner isnt as easy as you might think ;)

Elizabeth Swann (who is also the Harley Quinn in #9) was with me a couple days this year http://eximgames.com/news/?p=116 Probably one of the best pics out there we think. She worked very hard all year on the costume and cosplay. And this one while we figured out where we wanted to go: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=zoom&Site=B2&Date=20100808&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=308080083&Ref=H1

Thanks everyone for the compliments :)
~Steve

Hybridwolf:
.... and the Jack Sparrow one made me double take. Amazing looklike, right down to the compass.

Heheh... thank you :)

Oh my god, I was so sad that there wasn't a single Fantasy or 40k rendition... Until that last picture. I fucking love slayers.

Orange_Clockwork:
Oh my god, I was so sad that there wasn't a single Fantasy or 40k rendition... Until that last picture. I fucking love slayers.

I spoke with that guy later in the exhibit hall. He made taller pants to make a more stout dwarven look and said that the mohawk is a challenge in the breeze to keep upright. That's the 1st I've seen of it at the convention. He rocked...great couple too~!

Nomicon:

Orange_Clockwork:

I spoke with that guy later in the exhibit hall. He made taller pants to make a more stout dwarven look and said that the mohawk is a challenge in the breeze to keep upright. That's the 1st I've seen of it at the convention. He rocked...great couple too~!

That's pretty awesome, it just means I need to finish my Commissar outfit and my Priests outfit.

Warhammer and Magic the Gathering cosplay caught me by surprise.

Very cool Dwarf Slayer, can't imagine a lot of people being able to pull that one off.

The Serra Angels made me wonder why you don't see more costumes like that around. Especially these days now that they've given Magic a face through the Planeswalkers you'd think more Magic cosplayers would show up. Chandra is bound to show up somewhere I'd wager. Gideon Jura shouldn't be too far off as well.

The Cobra Commander is my personal fave of this lineup though, exquisite work.

While some of those were insanely well done, my favourite is definitely the Tetris blocks. It really can't get more classic than that.

ShadowKatt:
I'm impressed. I've seen a lot of cosplayers, but even the (reletively) poorly done Master Chief was pretty good.

shadow, you know for a fact that i rvb18 made a halo: reach Jun suit not master chief. and yes i made that and i was wearing it
BTW i may need some tips on building some metroid gear

Larsirius:
Picture #13 isn't Master Chief, it's the sniper of Noble Team, Jun, from the upcoming Halo Reach. Just wanted you to know.

thank you

BTW

Awesome pictures, I especially like the steampunk angel and number 16.

I just have to be there sometime.

Edit: Didn't see those Serra Angels coming.

A great cosplay selection. The Obi-Wan guy was the most impressive, right down to the beard.

Was the girl in page 16 cosplaying as Suigintou? If so, the "flash-red" eyes was very appropriate. ^^

I liked the Big Daddy and Little Sister too.

EDIT: the only ones I really recognized were theose two and the tetris blocks. And the Halo Reach guy. Did anyone recognize who everyone was playing as? (except Obi Wan of course :p)

EDIT II: Ok fine, i recognized a lot of them, but not all of them, only like 46%.

Dr. Steel's Toy Soldiers! Yes!

I feel bad that i don't know what half these people are supposed to be!

I'm pretty sure that skunk was a badger?

Miumaru:
Was the Narutards picture really needed in there? It just seems redundant at this point. People in regular clothes are more interesting.

Plus, I'm reasonably sure only three of those guys were actually dressed as Naruto characters, unless I'm mistaken, that's Mr.Popo and Vash the Stampede on either side. Neither of whom are from Naruto.

.[B@lL15T1C].:
I'm pretty sure that skunk was a badger?

Absolutely.

Some nice Costumes there, some...well ok ones.
But in that Drow Pic, shouldnt HE be the Elf slave and she the Drow? i guess thats the usual way around isnt it?

Pariahwulfen:

PedroSteckecilo:
That last dude ain't no crazy warrior, well... he is, but he's a specific one, he's a Warhammer Fantasy Dwarf.

He's the famous Trollslayer Gotrek Gurnisson.

Also for number 11, are you sure that's not a badger?

Well, it's a slayer. Not necessarily Gotrek.
And it's definitely a badger. I apologise for the video.

Also, was that Tim the enchanter I saw?

the escapist:
[Pic #22] The intense stare of the warrior with crazy hair. Is there nothing more terrifying?

And the Slayer is pretty fearsome too! ^^ Fantastic, the pic made my day.

The witch hunter at page 12 is also pretty awesome.

Im not sure i get the steampunk angel, pic #8, where is that from? Its an awesome costume btw

Oh the nerdgasms im having. :)

Someone dressed up as Serra Angel? Awesome.

Vortigar:
Warhammer and Magic the Gathering cosplay caught me by surprise.

Why? This is Gen Con we're talking about; a primarily tabletop gaming convention. I'm surprised the amount of videogame content.

I once in a gush of drunken fantasy headbutted one of those police phonebooths... they are not made of wood thats for sure.

Those costumes are amazing. I love how the little sister stayed in character(don't tell me otherwise). I think number 20 is my favorite. Although that could just be the closest one to a naked female.

Slaanax:
Before I even Read the Caption on Khaaaan Photo I screamed KHAAAAAAAAN!

I didn't scream it, but I had exactly the same reaction.

#6 is me and my friends. It was fun to dress up like that.

The Toy Soldiers invaded the con? AMAZING! TOY SOLDIERS UNITE!
For those of you who don't know about Dr. Steel, you should youtube his music and his video titled Building A Utopian Playland.
<.< >.> not that I'm a Toy Soldier or anything... lol

KHAAAAAAN!

OT: I loved the guy dressed as Chef, and the Tetris chicks just made me laugh.

Quaxar:
The last picture... shocked me for life.

But the steampunk angel was cute.

I just have to say, Your avatar is great.

Also those costumes were damn good. If I ever go to America I would definatly go to something like this dressed as the one and only Tipper. Id grow the mustache, say "Groovy" constantly and call all bald people spaceman.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here