Costumes of Gen Con 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Waaaaah! I wanted to go! I had my tickets and everything(no refunds except in person at the event, so I'm just SOL). Then I got supremely sick with stomach problems that made me weak for weeks and couldn't go.

My friends did go and picked me up expansions to Arkham Horror and World of Warcraft the Board Game(as crazy as it sounds, it's a good, fun game, and takes far less time than the MMO).

Daemascus:
Awesome costumes. The Obiwan was freaking perfect.

Definitely. Or as perfect as it could be....That guy kind of had crazy eyes going on.

Personally, my favorite was the Cobra Commander. He just looked spiffy.

beema:

oh, here's a picture of me as Naked Snake/Big Boss to prove my nerdiness: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=36157302&l=7294431c68&id=60703002

I posted a picture of you with psycho mantis and my friend dressed up as dante, earlier in the thread.

Ah, nerdy conventions, the only acceptable time someone can dress in black face and say "No, I'm an elf dude, not a racist."

But look at the bones!!!

You got all these, but you missed out the awesome S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4877023479_1f2751f100_b.jpg

I only recognized a few of those in the 20 pictures, Tetris, Big Daddy, Obi Wan, Sparrow and the Master Chief.

Am I the only one who reckognized the last guy as Gotrek from Felix and Gotrek,

the warhammer novels`?

Did anyone see or like the spaceballs costumes? I snapped a picture of them, drawback is you can't clearly see the face work for helmet. I'd like to upload the picture but don't know how, instructions would be appreciated.

that was me thanks for the compliment if your talking about number 12

Sodoff:
Am I the only one who reckognized the last guy as Gotrek from Felix and Gotrek,

the warhammer novels`?

realized it was a dwarf slayer, but I don't know what Gotrek looks like.

I don't recognize half of them. I suppose I wouldn't have a clue about the anime ones. Some really cool costumes though, special props to the Serra Angels.

All these pictures and none of Fetish Codex? I'm a little disappointed...

Picture taken by Wil Wheaton: http://twitpic.com/2ck5ya

Pics of the full costume can be found on flickr, ie:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pulidoa/4874062242/in/faves-bluesquare5/

rawrnosaurous:

I posted a picture of you with psycho mantis and my friend dressed up as dante, earlier in the thread.

uhh... the picture you posted is not me
lol?

I was the poison Ivy on page 9. I'm so excited to be on here :D

trust Milo:
i think that this
http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2009/09/big-daddy-bioshock.html
is a better big daddy, just saying

We knew it wasn't going to end up being as good as that guy's but he's a professional costumer and we are casual amateurs so I feel ok about that.

Poison.Ivy:
I was the poison Ivy on page 9. I'm so excited to be on here :D

HA ha~!

;)

Ahlycks:
wow, these are look really good... the costumes at least. can't say the same about the people.

I would wholeheartedly agree with this statement if the spelling and grammar were in order. As it stands, I can only agree with its implication.

-Zen-:

Ahlycks:
wow, these are look really good... the costumes at least. can't say the same about the people.

I would wholeheartedly agree with this statement if the spelling and grammar were in order. As it stands, I can only agree with its implication.

but the spelling is perfect! and the grammar is just fine.

...*swish*

Ahlycks:

-Zen-:

Ahlycks:

but the spelling is perfect! and the grammar is just fine.

...*swish*

Sincerest apologies about the spelling claim. As you said, it is perfect. I'm just way too damned used to seeing bad grammar and spelling together. That's my mistake, and I am sorry.

But the grammar is not just fine, unfortunately. First off, there's the lack of proper capitalization. Let me fix the capitalization while maintaining everything else so that you may see the error.

"Wow, these are look really good... The costumes at least. Can't say the same about the people."

Technically, there are three grammar mistakes, but two are perfectly acceptable given the informal nature of it all. However, take a look at this.

"...these are look really good..."

This is wrong, plain and simple. It could work if it was, "these are looking really good," or, "these look really good," but as it is, it sounds akin to Engrish.

As you can probably tell, I'm kind of a nut when it comes to linguistics. I mean no offense in pointing this stuff out, by the way.

EDIT: Had to fix a typo. And yes, I realize the delicious irony in that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here