Critical Miss: #25

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Angst and honor are more closely related than you might think.

Read Full Article

Oh lord, my mom is the exact same goddamn way.

The fact they think Linkin Park music is a selling point is almost insulting...

We all know the best soundtrack song ever was done by Breaking Benjamin.

Not that I don't guiltily enjoy Linkin Park, but when you think you need that kind of marketing, there might be issues. If you think the band is great for the game, do it and wait for the players to realize who did the music.

Also, was the sequel mentioned Transformers?

CitySquirrel:

Also, was the sequel mentioned Transformers?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Isnt MOH set in afghanistan?

lmao, hilarious. Also, love the bottom text!

One day, I will capture Linkin Park (with the new Linkin-Trap 5000, of course) and lock the deep underground and force them to listen to the entire discography of Cannibal Corpse at the loudest volume possible. If it doesn't kill them, it should at least force their balls to drop.

Ye gods. Couldn't we have some Kubrickian classic music set the mood instead?

That's a great comic. I like how tied her breaking wooden practice dummy with his broken dreams of a good sequel. Perfect.

Good point about the last Linkin Park Soundtracked sequel, but hearing Jokes about "Crawling" is just annoying.

It's 10 years since the track released, and 9 since the single released, wich makes the joke rather ancient (and by extension, jokes about related teenage angsting)

It's not like they did not make enough songs in the last 10 years that can be equally ridiculed (especially since other songs don't have an awesome orchestral remix)

I like LP, except for their latest Minutes to Midnight, that was really really emo, and while I do not hold a grudge against emos, I'm not a huge fan of their music. I miss the LP that did Hybrid Theory.
OT: Great as usual, and yes, loved the link between angsty music and games played by sixteen year olds.

The man with the computer is on the Escapist.

Yeah. I know. I've been told that I'm the kind of guy who appreciates the colour of the bedspread before realizing that people are having sex on the same bed.

I liked the comic though.

Lol you even drew the robot balls from the michal bay movie and made them shine. Nice attention to detail best since quit some time :)

I liked transformers 2

I really like some of the Trailer-music-Videoremixes of the past.

Problem here is that the LinkinPark-Track and the MoH-Trailer don't fit together in the sligthest. Not in atmosphere nor in rhytm or elsewhere.

It. Just. Doesn't. Fit.

Linkin Park + Medal of Honor. What now? Ughh.

Funny thing is that I just watched Transformers I and Linkin Park actually synched up pretty well in some parts.

Tiger's balls, you drew tiger's balls,
Now ain't nobody gonna stop you never at all

Hey now. The transformer movies were AWESOME.

Screw those that think otherwise.

shitty news masked as non-shitty if form of having a gametrailers trailer for it.

Digikid:
Hey now. The transformer movies were AWESOME.

Screw those that think otherwise.

NUT AWESOME ENOUGH TO BE REAL TRANSFORMERS. yuh kitten.

Hahaha well done comic. It's always great to hear that half an argument online.. it makes the guy's (usually kid's) previous and ensuing attempts and manliness all the more entertaining.

GamesB2:
The fact they think Linkin Park music is a selling point is almost insulting...

Insulting to the point of hillarity, no almost about it.

In my opinion, Jeremy Soule composes the best game music.

I never liked LP, something about their sound seemed repetitive for me.

And I think that they should have a complete orchestral score, make it into a cinematic masterpiece. Ride of the Valkyrie when landing on the first mission, Adagio for Strings when one of your team members (or you) die, Fanfare for the Common Man when you capture the town, Dies Irae when you are doing a stealth mission (but scratch the vocals), and March of the Gladiators when you are about to enter a town for a fight scene.

We will be adding culture to the standard gaming experience.

Okay, so the writing was good and the joke was funny, but was anyone else a little confused as to why there seems to be a martial arts dojo with a well-stocked weapons cache at Erin's office? I'm pretty sure it was mostly for the visual gag in panel 5, but still. Threw me off for a minute.

Queen Michael:
Ye gods. Couldn't we have some Kubrickian classic music set the mood instead?

I do love Ludwig Van. There's nothing better to get me in the mood for some... Ultraviolence...

I love this comic. I really do. What I do not love, however, is LP and most of today's music industry.

Linkin Park...sigh, sucking since Minutes to Midnight
I mean, New Divide was good, but it's hard to get Transformers 2 out of my mind x.x utter crap

See, the problem is that Linkin Park are actually pretty good, and the Transformers movies did as well as they could with an overwrought plotline based on a set of toys. I loved the 1986 film as much as anyone, but damn people, it was a fucking 90 minute advert... And STILL had fucking whingy kids in it!

Also, it's a shame you're going this route instead of continuing with the far funnier casual versus hardcore battles theme. I thought you guys had matured out of "quick, lets draw what people on the internet think!"

Erin knows Kung Fu? Definitely would not want to mess with her.

And I agree 100%. Linkin Park should not be in Medal Of Honor. Last I checked, Linkin Park fans and Medal Of Honor fans do NOT mix. Mind you, I think it'll just be a credits song. The rest of the game will probably be the orchestral music that fits this series.

Finally, I like Linkin Park. Or, at least, pre-Minutes To Midnight Linkin Park. Why do they fail to realise that the fans prefer Mike Shinoda's rapping to Chester's whiney naisely shouting?

Chipperz:
See, the problem is that Linkin Park are actually pretty good, and the Transformers movies did as well as they could with an overwrought plotline based on a set of toys. I loved the 1986 film as much as anyone, but damn people, it was a fucking 90 minute advert... And STILL had fucking whingy kids in it!

Also, it's a shame you're going this route instead of continuing with the far funnier casual versus hardcore battles theme. I thought you guys had matured out of "quick, lets draw what people on the internet think!"

I'm gonna have to disagre with you champ. I don't much care for linkin park, though a few of their songs are catchy (generally the ones that are more rap orientated) and while transformers 1 was good for what it was transformers 2 was an absolute disaster. Bad writing, incomprehensible robot designs, giant robot scrotums and racism in a 90 minute ball of ass.

"These wooooouuuuuunds they wiiiiiiill not heeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal!"

Ah, I feel 14 again.

...you have a weird house...

Bloodstain:
In my opinion, Jeremy Soule composes the best game music.

Indeed he does. He's probably already booked for some other game, though. His compositions for Dawn of War and Oblivion hit the spot.

"Now where's my f***ing chocolate milk?" :P

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or