Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Split Second: Velocity

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Split/Second: Velocity

Watch Video

This is one I actually wanted him to review.

Yeah i played the demo of split/second and it was Okay I liked blur much more.

Very interesting, though I hate racing games yet I seem to be very good at them.

So basically, it's not particularly good, is it? Alright, thanks Yahtzee.

Ok I'm sorry for asking but is that really the title? I picked up the game Split/Second in June, and didn't know whether it was a different game or the same one. Other than that, spot-on with the review and good job! I was hoping he'd review it and my hopes have been answered!

this was probably the funniest zp in a long time. great work yahtzee.
im also very bad at racing games

What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.
OT: I liked your review as usual.

Good review Yahtzee, I only played the demo, but I know what you're talking about.

I liked the look of this game when I saw it in Game, so I'll rent it or something and see for myself. I must say, I did love the grammar rant. :D

best ZP in a while, (not to say any wearnt good)
so its not a good game then?

Aw, you missed a lovely opportunity for a Blue Shell joke in the "death ten yards from the finish line" game "feature".

And you certainly don't need to be touching a game to be thought of as a prick, Yahtzee, we all love you for that very reason. ~_^

another 10 star review ledgend!

Loved the digs at Thatcher and Ayn Rind
And his Reviews are always so much better when he includes my mum

... so wait, did you like it?

Good to see another great review! I was concerned for a bit that the quality of his videos were going down after seeing his crackdown review. But all my worries have been put safely to rest :P

Ok, the feotus joke made me laugh out loud.

This was unexpected. But yes, everyone hates Thatcher. And I wasn't even born then.

I was hoping he'd review this

that was a good review, reminds more of his old stuff, sort of, at least he's trying to work away from where he jumped the shark a few months ago

Yahtzee is a Game/Critic now? Do we have to choose between one of those as well?

I'm usually okay in racing games, as long as I can shoot the guy in front of me, so I'm cool with Mario Kart, JakX etc. It's when I can't shoot the person in front of me and when the controls are trying to be realistic where I start to fail because I can't stop myself from spinning out and ending up in a lake or whatever.
Though the idea of exploding the scenery as your weapon seems an interesting game mechanic, but I doubt I'd actually play the game. Good review though.

I really expected nothing more from Disney. Goddammit I hate that conglomerate.

That fetus joke was solid gold though.

Wow, very rarely do racing games conjure up Ayn Rand references. Nice job Yahtzee.

Oh, if you don't mind a suggestion for a future review, how about "Endless Ocean: Blue World"?

It sounds quite a lot like the burnout game series, I never really got into it or other driving games; I always have the urge to actually get out of the car.

Hate it or like it, one has to admit the game was flashy as hell... in a good way!

bit of an incoherent rant there?... & not a partially funny one either.

I'm well glad Yahtzee has finally done Split/Second. And I had a feeling it would be a good one too and it was... so... waaay?

Quite humorous. I'm not big on racing games so this game didn't really interest me. The only such games I really enjoyed are the Burnout and Mario Kart games (excluding the open world versions) and those hardly count. They are to racing simulators what Serious Sam is to a FPS military simulator.

Good review, I lol'd at the part about the pregnant women having to eat the other one's foetus.

Undead Dragon King:
I really expected nothing more from Disney. Goddammit I hate that conglomerate.

That fetus joke was solid gold though.

Remember that Pixar is part of that conglomerate. Tred carefully. >(

Locrian:
REVIEW STARCRAFT!

He already said that he won't, he doesn't like RTS games.

this was way better than the last 4 reviews

ForensicYOYO:
What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.
OT: I liked your review as usual.

And crying about it will make it better?

Anyway, the episode was pretty good. The Thatcher comment was hilarious.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here