Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

orangeapples:

ForensicYOYO:
What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.
OT: I liked your review as usual.

haha. yes. it is very wrong, because its against the rules. posting without watching/reading is a violation, and especially if you only did it to be first.

and yes, I always thought that whole "watch your enemy explode" thing would get distracting especially in a game where at any split/second you yourself can die if you're not paying attention >_>

That's really a rule!? Holy crap! I didn't know that! You really do learn something new everyday. Thanks. :D

Better review than normal. I do miss the days of 'The World Ends with You' and 'F.E.A.R Perseus Mandate' though, when you didn't rely TOO much on humour.

If I were making a combat racing game, I'd include an advanced physics engine and I'd give each car a fixed primary weapon and secondary weapon, each with its own way of affecting the environment, so basically just 'Fatal Inertia FX' (or was it EX?) with the luck element taken out. I feel that too many racing games rely on random chance too much.

I do like that hyphen scenario, though. Too true.

(BWM) T-O-M:

Locrian:
REVIEW STARCRAFT!

Beacuse you like starcraft or beacuse you want to see him tear it up?

cause i love starcraft and id love to for him to tear it up, all video i was thinking damn god i wish he reviewed sc2 i guess ill get over it in a few months but its hard for me to enjoy his vids for awhile

This game has been out for months, I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't point out something about the releases being so thin that the only thing he can do is scrap around the yards for something older because nothing else new is entertaining enough to even give a second

ForensicYOYO:
What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.

being first is overated and dont argue with mods. they will ban you if you annoy them

If you like racing games, you should give ModNation Racers a try. It's quite fun.
Edit: I noticed that this is the only post out of the hundred-something on this page that contains the word 'fun'.
I see what you mean about games feeling like a second job, and no longer being enjoyable. D:

I think it's "Ayn" like "mine", not "Ayn" like "pain."

Nice review, though. And thanks for Shadow of Colossus last week.

Natch, I haven't heard that turn of phrase in ages. Not since the hylocon days of the great Amiga Power. It would certainly explain a lot to think that Yahtzee read that in the day.

The dick dastardly reference almost killed me xD I laughed my head off...He is my favorite villain

Good one

Had a look at some videos on youtube... That best be made by the same people as Burnout, or it is the most shameless rip-off in the history of anything. Ever.

Random nit pick: The campaign is probably known as a season because racing seasons are in fact called seasons, so it's not just a TV angeled joke/ refrence.

God I wish I hadn't paid $80 for this game.

Sure its an amazing experience for a few hours, but damn do I wish I had waited for it to hit the discount price range.

ForensicYOYO:

To quote House about the guy's arm hurting after he spends the night sleeping on it... "Have you thought about, you know, maybe... not doing that?"

Anyway, funny review, but sadly I don't care much for racing games since the old NFS 3 or so (the first one that had an option of playing cops, throwing down the stuff to sod their tires up and similar). It's like sports games, new game every year at least and it's all the same crap, with possibly some useless gimmick thrown in. Can't complain on principle though I guess, since I play FPSs, though I do feel they're still quite superior somehow as far as design improvement goes...

This was a good one Funny duuude

I'm fairly average at driving games myself, but they bore the living piss out of me. Probably a throwback to my youth when it was all I could play at my cousin's house and he would carefully explain in unnecessary detail the inner workings of the racing leagues.

Any case, that aside, liked the vid. Excellent review. The fetus joke was a touch tacky, tho.

P.S. It's not touching the game's case that makes you a prick. That's just human nature that does that. :P

Funny review!

I played Split Second Velocity and I found it very repetitive as well after the third "episode" and quit playing it after that.

xGreenmanx:
this was brilliant. some of your points were absolutely spot on.

*Darth Vader Voice* Greetings young one, you have finally joined the Escapist. you training is almost complete...

Hehe welcome to the Escapist is basically what im trying to say XD

OT: great review...yeh i agree with most posts here, Blurr is much better

I didn't really get what he said at the end about the very act of touching the game making him a prick, because I thought being a prick was Yahtzee's thing.

LOL. I likwe the ending credit to where Yatzee metioned on how he failed his driving test cause the driving instructor though she was going to die.

I lost it at 'Things were hard in Thatcher's Britain'

I'm not a fan of driving games because I don't even like driving in real life! I get pissed off when an arbitrary driving stuff appears in games such as Mass Effect as well.

So... when ya gonna do Starcraft 2? :D

Should've reviewed Blur instead.

Even though he may not do very well with racing games. I'd still like to see Yahtzee turn a lap at the Top Gear test track in the reasonably priced car.

Wow. Why does his description of the game remind me SO MUCH of Mario Kart?

Car + dynamite= the closet thing to Speed Racer

Awesome video once again. So BLUR is up next week maybe?

This is probably my favorite ZP review out of the last 10 or so. Jolly good time.

Good review. The Thatcher joke was hilarious. XD

I laughed at loud at Yahtzee's title in the credits. ZP is still amusing to me.

Great as always and I keep watching it again so U can get some journalistic integrity to cleanse all the butt-kissing some other "journalists" pass off as video game reviews from my mental palate with some journalistic integrity.

one of the most hilarious ZP vids to date!

Brilliant.

God that statement about rich people, making pregnant women fight and eat the..... You sir need a medal NOW =D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here