Review: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Review: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Prepare to forgive Lara Croft for every single time she's ever let you down.

Read Full Article

Damn you fate!

Was really looking forward to playing this with my missus, but she went and broke her wrist yesterday. Maybe if I wait till she's all fixed up it will be in the sale.

Great to see a good Tomb Raider game though, I've been a pretty loyal fan ever since the original, but its been pretty much constant let downs ever since, although Underworld was pretty good.

I know that no online co op is a drawback but given the choice between only online co-op or only local play I'd rather take the latter.

I was sold the moment I realized they weren't making a gimped solo game that forced you to babysit an AI.

One question: WHY CAN A T-REX BREATHE FIRE?

I don't recall that from any dinosaur books...

Wow, didn't think it would be as good as that, though I was always going to get it, but yay.

I'll wait until it comes out on PSN though, then I can dive straight into the online co-op.

And still over a month to go for the PC version :(

Onyx Oblivion:

It's a T-REX THAT BREATHES FIRE! Do you really need a reason?

Onyx Oblivion:

BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!

That and what make you think it's a T-Rex? It be a wingless dragon. >.>

Onyx Oblivion:
I was sold the moment I realized they weren't making a gimped solo game that forced you to babysit an AI.

Well, to be fair, he is a t-rex that's been magically created out of rock. I mean, if you're going through the trouble of magically recreating a t-rex, you may as well through in some embellishments, right?

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:

Well, to be fair, he is a t-rex that's been magically created out of rock. I mean, if you're going through the trouble of magically recreating a t-rex, you may as well through in some embellishments, right?

Hrmm, I don't know, most magical T-Rocks I've seen can only spew acid. I challenge your claim!

T-Bone24:

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:

Hrmm, I don't know, most magical T-Rocks I've seen can only spew acid. I challenge your claim!

I think you're just prejudiced against magical t-rexes. REXIST!

So they basically turned Tomb Raider into Gauntlet with guns...interesting...

Lara has always been one of my favourite characters and it's great to see that after the apalling Angel of Darkness, she's back to her old form.

Onyx Oblivion:

That's why.

spider tombs really are good shortcuts arent they?

Looks fun, and finally see Lara doing somethign decent. Its been a long time coming.

Cant wait!

Susan Arendt:

T-Bone24:

Susan Arendt:

Onyx Oblivion:

I think you're just prejudiced against magical t-rexes. REXIST!

They all look the same to me!

Wow. Looks pretty good. At first I was like (wtf, did I go back to 2000 and Diablo 2?) but then I was like (hey, awesome gameplay). Can't wait for PC version.

Local only multiplayer? Sounds fantastic! Now sure, it's great when games have both online and offline multiplayer, but it is such a bad feeling when you realize you can't play a game with your buddies right next to you. Instead you have to hop online with some idiot twelve year old, who then proceeds to call you a homo.

I love Susan Arendt's voice and her humor! Great review, can't wait till its out for PC!

Susan Arendt:
Being able to smack your buddy for blowing up the jeep right when you're standing next to it (I'm looking at you, Funk)

You shouldn't have been standing next to the jeep I was shooting at!

u cant go wrong with some isometric top down dungeon crawler! u really cant. they are all just fun in one way or another. gets better when u can attached a well known character with it. I do want this game. the fact that the devs chose to abandon all other forms of DRM scheme in favor of Steam makes it a must buy for me :D

Glad to some1 likes it :D

John Funk:

Susan Arendt:
Being able to smack your buddy for blowing up the jeep right when you're standing next to it (I'm looking at you, Funk)

I was planting a bomb!

Susan Arendt:

John Funk:

Susan Arendt:

I was planting a bomb!

A likely story!

Mmmm... flamethrower.

I haven't enjoyed a Tomb Raider game (or are we calling them Lara Croft games now?) in a long time - I may have to go have a look at this.

Although the zerg rush! kekekekekeke horde of spiders at the end looks... unsettling, to say the least.

WTB more hard drive space on my 360 :(

replace laura with an amazon and you have just made a better Diablo 3 than what's currently in development.

this is looking like a must buy when it comes out for pc next month

So a Lara Croft game is... good?

Forgive me for being a tiny bit gob-smacked...

Why do I suddenly think of Diablo?

I never figured Tomb Raider to be a run and gun series, the game for me has always been about exploration firstly, not shooting tons of monsters.

I probably would have got it if it was a brand new IP, this just feels...wrong.

"Mmmmm.....flamethrower!"

And with that utterance Susan becomes the perfect woman.

J03bot:
I haven't enjoyed a Tomb Raider game (or are we calling them Lara Croft games now?)

Sort of both. Though the reason this one isn't called Tomb Raider is because it's meant to be seen as a spinoff as opposed as a game of the main series.

Or in other words, don't see this as an indication of what the Tomb Raider games, past and future, are/will be like

I just played the trail to this on XBLA and I have to say it's actually great fun!

I may have to buy it.

Fun and co-op? Sounds like another game I should get so I can entertain visitors. Although how much it cost will matter is it like 60 bucks? 50 bucks? I'll probably buy it when it's 30 or 20 bucks.

Ah, so Lara has apparently moved to the world of Sanctuary...

Okay, seriously, this actually looks pretty fun and I'll probably pick it up for either my PC or PS3 when it hits those platforms in late September.

Hmmm. Well, if she can cross into Diablo territory like that, perhaps she can also go into other game genres as well...hey, maybe she'll be a special guest fighter in the next Dead Or Alive game!

...which, if you think about it, she'd probably fit into perfectly...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here