The Escapist Presents: World of Warcraft: Before the Cataclysm

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Rogue 9:
I guess I might get back to the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands quest chain though, just to see if I can get it done before Cataclysm comes out.

Yeah, I always wanted to do that chain, but never got round to it. Looked fun though. But I have to say, I will miss parts of old Azeroth, it will be weird to play the game after cataclysms, a game that is so similar, yet so different to its predecessor.

Also theres gonna be a much bigger elitism factor between people from pre Cataclysm and post Cataclysm in a few years.

There's a bunch of stuff that I've been dying to find out if they've used:

(And any beta testers out there, if you've seen it i would love to know!)

1. Uldum
2. Instance portal in SW
3. Old IF
4. The island off the coast of Silverpine (name escapes me at the moment)
5. The Isle of Dread! (below the Feathermoon Stronghold island in Feralas)

There's a whole bunch more, but there was so much stuff that looked awesome, but Blizz never finished in the old world.

Right now, I gues:
1- Defeat the Lich King ( ive got 11/12 atm)
2-Get Crusader's Tabard from Argent Tournament grounds

Thats it lol

NO, I refuse to be seduced by your two-minute videos of praise --- literally basting World of Warcraft like a delicious turkey that is about to finish cooking. No, I am not going to reactivate my WoW account after a year. A year of forgetting about that time-sink. You do realize that all that Blizzard money will not help wash out the guilt of sending hundreds, maybe thousands back to their digital imprisonment. No, no I say! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alliance bias! Alliance bias!!
... besides, even as Horde I've already done all those things.

I think what I shall try and do is grab that there Insane achievement. Yes, that will work. Alas, the price of Pristine Black Diamonds is just ridiculous, if they're ever up on the Auction House at all. Thus, do I call them Pisstaking Bastard Diamonds!
Ah, how I laughed at that one.

Aitruis:
(And any beta testers out there, if you've seen it i would love to know!)

1. Uldum

I'm not in the beta but even I know that Uldum will be a quest zone and raid instance.

Hearing that the gnomes retake part of gnomeregan almost makes me want to resurrect my little glass cannon. Almost.

Ah, the good old newbly days running around shouting "Gnomercy!". Good times. And then I rolled a hunter and just became a farming whore >.<

Gnomes?!
You sicken me.

I decided to grab the Explorer title before Cataclysm.

I have been all over the globe of the known world(Of Warcraft).

My top three:

1. Continue to never play World of Warcraft
2. Play better games.
3. Use money and time saved to do cooler things, like see live music, drink with friends and get a tan.

"Where is Mankhirks wife?" Beside Varian Wrynn in Stormwind.

RIP Barrens Chat.

Don't forget the fall of Magni, the only Alliance leader that's worth anything. Magni was the best thing in the Alliance, and the only reason i never wanted to go for "for the Horde!" on another character, his city pissed us off so much we were pretty sure one of us would strangle our Guild leader.

I grinded EVERYTHING in Feralas 'til I found the OOX-22/FE Distress Beacon and then finally got the Mechanical Chicken for my engineer, just in case. And while I was in the neighbourhood I completed Linken's final quest, because I never had bothered when I was on the appropriate level.

And what confuses me is that in the Westfall Brigade Encampment in Grizzly Hills is... Poor Old Blanchy!
--> http://www.wowwiki.com/Old_Blanchy

I was thinking maybe returning to Auberdine one last time... Man did we have fun there with our guild parties...

I plan to do most everything I can. Any old world quests, or quest chains. I wanna try to do all the old raids just to do them. I probably roll an Ally just to do some of those things.....Who am I kidding, I'd never roll ally.

chunkeymonke:
cairne bloodhoof dies and nothing o do with him rly?

You should really learn how to use Spoilers. Not that I care, I've known about this for ages.

Yep. MMO Champ has really kept me up to date on this stuff.

As for things I plan on doing before Cataclysm, I plan on getting my Shaman to 80. Three more levels.

I got The Explorer Achievement on my Warrior when I heard Azeroth would be changing. I thought it would take months, but it only took me about a day or two.

Too bad the Tabard for it looks awful.

Gnomecoming...har har har!

Contun:

chunkeymonke:
cairne bloodhoof dies and nothing o do with him rly?

You should really learn how to use Spoilers. Not that I care, I've known about this for ages.

Yep. MMO Champ has really kept me up to date on this stuff.

i assumed its pretty common knowledge

chunkeymonke:

Contun:

chunkeymonke:
Snip

Snip

i assumed its pretty common knowledge

Either way, it's still polite to put up spoilers whenever a major plot hole comes up in a thread. Some people would rather discover it by themselves.

Aedrial:
I was thinking maybe returning to Auberdine one last time... Man did we have fun there with our guild parties...

Yeah, my old guild was heavy world PvP and we always went up through Darkshore to get to the Alliance cities. There would be like 30 people there putting down disco balls and other stuff while we waited for everyone to get there.

Warms mah heart just thinking about it.

I wont do any of this
Or maybe I will
I hope they add more Bloodsail quests
I'm friendly with the goblins AND the pirates and I want a reward ._.

Optimystic:

Midnight Crossroads:

Cairne dies!?

It's cool, he has an Ankh.

I lolled

If you had played through the pre-cataclysm events, available to everyone during the 3.3.5 public test phase you'd know that Thermaplugg is not going anywhere, as such your last suggestion is sort of pointless. He is still there in Cataclysm (though blizzard has added in a in-dungeon quest line to help players navigate Gnomer a little easier, essentially just giving out parachutes for the common, but occasionally dangerous jump shortcuts and having a quest giver after each boss to say "Hey, go down this hallway now to find the next guy!")

Goddamn Gnomer.....

Hm.
I used to be one of those people who joke that "No, I don't have a WOW account; you see, I have a life, hurr durr", but seeing this makes me realize I should have tried WOW out. It seems really fun, and those milieus... Just beautiful.

Well, I guess I can still sign up for one of those free one-month trials.

Filling in the sands with water? Scenery wise that was always one of the cooler places...so sad.

It's a shame that now I'll have even less reason to start playing again. Its hard for me to adapt to expansions in general, but if this one changes so much, I may feel like a noob for the rest of my life for not experiencing the stuff they'll be removing.

Nerdfury:
My top three:

2. Play better games.
3. Use money and time saved to do cooler things, like see live music, drink with friends and get a tan.

You have contributed so much to this thread now! /sarcasm.

How is a tan a cooler thing?

My to-do list:

Loremaster
Explorer
Classic Dungeonmaster (and maybe classic raids)
Exalted with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle, and Argent Dawn.
Exalted with the Horde (just need Undercity and Silvermoon)
Work my goblin rep back up (I got Bloodsail Admiral recently...goblins are not happy)
Level an Alliance alt, so I can see their side of classic WoW

Nerdfury:
My top three:

2. Play better games.

If only I were as epic as you. Because as we all know playing World of Warcraft means you can never play another game again, leave the house or have friends.
Oh wait...

*Jumps onto Vent, plays WoW and gets drunk*

starwarsgeek:
My to-do list:

Loremaster
Explorer
Classic Dungeonmaster (and maybe classic raids)
Exalted with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle, and Argent Dawn.
Exalted with the Horde (just need Undercity and Silvermoon)
Work my goblin rep back up (I got Bloodsail Admiral recently...goblins are not happy)
Level an Alliance alt, so I can see their side of classic WoW

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Karadros&gn=Vitiated
Sigh, I'm hurting for things to do.

The only thing I'll be doing before Cata is grinding Cenarion Circle rep to get the "Guardian of the Cenarius" title because I'm not sure if that will still be available to get in Cata.

XD The last one is so zetta true. Like, seriously. I've done that dungeon too many times, and I STILL have no clue where I'm going.

I'm planning to finish the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line before cataclysm.

It's probably not as epic doing it at level 80, but it is so far however, my favourite quest in the game.

Oh man, gnome-coming, that pun got me to laugh, haha.

Though, I think the bucket-lists that involve which quest lines to complete before cataclysm are usually a little more fun than sightseeing. Good all the same.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here