Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Hmmm...you happen to post a comic about birthdays on TODAY of all days...how fascinating.

:)

Happy birthday, Shamus! <3

Susan Arendt:
Hmmm...you happen to post a comic about birthdays on TODAY of all days...how fascinating.

Orly? Its his birthday?

Okay then...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Shamus!
Happy Birthday to you!

It's his birthday? On GCSE results day? Wow...

The comic was cool but... time for a celebration!

Calumon: YAY!

oh wow its your birthday? lucky one person cared to remember and all the rest of the comment will be celebrating with you.

Susan Arendt:

"Looks at Thread" What have you done!11! ^.^

Happy Birthday Mr.Young. (If this isn't some majour prank. ^.^)

I'll check that when I get home to my glasses.
In the meantime: Happy Birthday, aparently.

Shamus have you considered making it a Stereogram? that doesnt need glasses :D (you just need to make 2 comic strips side by side XD)

p.s. Way to age! Happy Bday

Next one should be in those 3d binocular things with the discs we had as kids.

Haha, i've heard that complaint before.

Happy Birthday!

Have you always intended for the comic to be read first, and the text to be read after? 'Cause, if so, I've been doing it wrong for a year and a half.

i just pulled out my red-blue 3d glasses and the comic looks awesome! nice work!

The image offset is to big for a 3D image. All I see is two separate images.

I have a pair of 3D glasses, but it never seems to work for me. NEVER. It's probably yet another disorder of mine. Some people decry 3D as "a stupid gimmick", but for me it's even more: a useless gimmick. I have to admit i haven't seen any actual 3D movies in the theater, but i doubt it'll work there either.

And happy birthday, Shamus.

HAPPEH BUTHDAI SHAYMUSS!!

And many more awesome comics to come! :D

Arrgh, my eyes, my head...

The glasses didn't work.

Merry Birthday my good man.

Awwwwww i just have the crappy regular 3D glasses that I "took" from the theatre.

also Bappy Hirthday Shamus

*spontaneous outpouring of approval* Even if the comic appeared blue in my TrackMania Branded Red Blue Glasses.

Happy birthday, Lulzy/Star on Chest!

I mean, Shamus.

Urggg my head.

Great punchline, 3D is the new gimmick to keep up the illusion of industry progress. Instead of seeing our generic soldier type in a 3d enviroment we see him on a 2D screen with the illusion of depth. Soon we will also be able to do all thst whilst flailing our arms like crazy bastards instead of pressing X. Aint we lucky!

Merry Shamus Day!

And now I'm very curious as to how you created that comic. Is there a hidden setting in Photoshop for that?

Leslee

Shamus Young:
Stolen Pixels #223: The Expensive Dimension

Hey, Stolen Pixels is in 3D!

Read Full Article

First of all, happy birthday, my man :D

Second, very nice touch this week :). I think I have a pair of 3D glasses lying around at home somewhere that I stole borrowed from my local cinema, and I've been trying to find a use for them that doesn't involve appearing to be an elitist arrogant hipster/scene kid trying to look 'edgy' by wearing them indoors. You've just given me the perfect excuse to try them now :D

Happy Birthday!

...and, Icant see it anyway so..

My eyes bleed is that good?

Oh and Happy Birthday :)

The comic gave me a headache.

Is that what you wanted for your birthday Shamus? To give people headaches? Well happy birthday I suppose.

DTWolfwood:
Shamus have you considered making it a Stereogram? that doesnt need glasses :D (you just need to make 2 comic strips side by side XD)

p.s. Way to age! Happy Bday

This. A cross-eye stereo option would be fantastic.

Actually, nevermind. Here's a simple one made in photoshop, just separating out the colour channels: http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7136/stolenpixels.jpg

I felt like I was playing Rad Racer again. I'm sure I can tolerate the 3D glasses but the price is still a deal breaker.

Great, I knew that I shouldn't threw those 3D glasses away.

Oh and happy birthday Shamus.

Happy Birthday!
If it ain't got unobtainium, or isn't made by Pixar, then 3D ain't worth it.
Next time make the combination something important like the numbers of your favorite football/baseball/basketball/hockey players. She'll never remember those, even if you tell her! XP

Yay 3D! Good thing I keep a pair of glasses in my desk.

The Red Dragon:
Arrgh, my eyes, my head...

The glasses didn't work.

Merry Birthday my good man.

The Goggles! They Do Nothing!

Unending approval for the 3D format.

BRING MOAR.

Also, congratulations on another successful revolution around the sun.

Ow my eyes....

Goddam.

But Happy Birthday anyway :)

happy birthday! and may you live for another thousand years!

ot: i tried with some glasses but it dident seem to go in 3d, only slightly as far as i could see

edt: though now i can see it, nicely done

wide format comic = better

you all scoff at 3d but when 3ds comes out it will be like an explosion of awesome

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here