Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Transformers: War for Cybertron

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Transformers: War for Cybertron.

Watch Video

Some real good stuff there, real good.

Dam, August IS a slow month!

I took one look at the title and thought, "Oh, this is going to be gruesome."

I was right.

Have to disagree about the transforming, I found it to be quite smooth actually... Also, I had a feeling a holiday was in the works soon. You work to hard Yahtzee.

Great review, have fun on holiday!

I'm really starting to love the analogies and especially in this one anytime Shia LeBitch came up.

Ricky Cabrera:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry

Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.

Ricky Cabrera:

Well done, an incredibly USEFUL post.

OT: Couldn't agree more on the dark void points, you did exactly the same as I did.

Nice review yet again, have a good holiday!

You know, as a Transformer fan, even I though this was hilarious. Good job this week.

Oh, btw, Primes death WAS this generations Othello, I'm now off to cry into my duvet covers.

Interesting escapist mix on this Game Funk loved it (fanboy) Yahtzee hated it (predictably) and Rebecca Mayes even decide to chew it out as a bland 3rd person shooter...Wonder How MovieBob feels about it

Also ever notice how the Escapist team rarely comment on ZP vids especially when they contradict the Escapists opinion

It's good enough, but the lack of releases is sure tedious.

How can you keep ruining the premise of giant robots beating the crap out of one another?!

Never heard of this game, but the review was rather entertaining. Good stuff once again.

PS: I'm pretty sure my microwave could kick my stereo's ass. My microwave's a beast.

My only experience with transformers as a child was one toy that could transform between a robot and a dinosaur. Go figure that one out.

Also the process of making it transform was incredibly obnoxious and took at least 5 minutes which sucks when you're trying to play robot dinosaur vs spiderman.

Smothered like Pavoroti's wife.
Fucking epic!

As always, super funny, and I kinda agree on the "not really caring about Transformers" stance. It's not always that interesting, although I was happy with Beast Wars and whichever one came before that. The movies ruined it for me, and I haven't gotten an opportunity to play the games. But it all boils down to personal opinion as usual. Top notch work, Yahtzee.

Good thing I didn't get it then. Clever mentioning Othello at the end though.

Hey the only transformer cartoon i saw was Armada and that cartoon was pretty good.

Starscream and sideways was my favorite.

3:15 it hits the best point in Yatzhee for this month...

Actually very funny, good points. Saw a friend play it and I seriously could not tell enemies from background.

lol, i totally agree, i personally cba about transformers and the environments i've seen from trailers are very meh also...

I really didn't expect the stupid excuse for a mech game to do good. So Im glad you said it. The only question I have is If this game was based before they came to Earth why do the still transform into cars? Food for thought. Good job Yatzee.

I never really cared for Transformers all that much. I mean, the 1980's animated movie was fun in that really stupid over-the-top sort of way, and holy power ballads Batman, but other than that I couldn't really give a flying fuck.

I played this one when I was baby sitting for a little smacktard and I wasn't impressed. The transforming was fluid, but it was pointless, and it was uglier than sin. So great job, Yahtzee, not like you read these but oh well. Oh, and it's nice to see a reviewer not prostrating himself before this game like it's the goddamn second coming.

Have fun on holiday.

Well, he'll be back in time to give Halo Reach a sound maiming, so I'll look forward to that. (I'll be buying the game, but I always enjoy his criticism.)

wooty:
You know, as a Transformer fan, even I though this was hilarious. Good job this week.

Oh, btw, Primes death WAS this generations Othello, I'm now off to cry into my duvet covers.

Really? No. It wasn't. we've had so much better stuff released than the animated Transformers movie, so much. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but it just ain't that good.

OT: I'd so love to disagree with you about Transformers being simply a cash gouging ploy by Hasbro, but I can't. All my favourite 80's cartoons were. It makes me sad. Haven't enjoyed any of the recent Transformers games, so I wasn't honestly going to give it a try and given two out of three reviews (or sort-of-reviews) have said meh, I think I'll avoid buying and rent it for a short time.

I never got why they transform either, i mean what would you rather be a truck, or a robot coverd in weapons?

Good stuff as ever.

101194:

Ricky Cabrera:

Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.

There's every reason. Nostalgia only exists as long as you keep the rose colored glasses on your face. Just because we grew up on something doesn't make it sacred.

That said, I loved Transformers as a kid. I still think it was better then than it is now, for various reasons, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get all butthurt when someone points out some of the flaws in it, i.e. making kids milk their parents for cash.

OT: Another cover-based third-person shooter with a gimmick that doesn't work as well as it could have because developers are lazy? Say it isn't so, Yahtzee. Enjoy your holiday.

Well i still demand reparations in Blood!

And yes this is about what i had expected to hear. Man i've watched too many of these >.< Its a Transformer Fanboy's game. Everyone else, a pretty generic TPS. I enjoyed it. It was only $40 on release...in retrospect, i think i over paid for the game.

I never got into Transfomers ether. Maybe I was a bitter little shite when I was a kid, but even I spotted the cartoons as just big ads for overpriced plastic crap. I wanted something funny to watch.

Danger Mouse FTW!

I loved transformers as a kid, but even then I realized that it actually sucked. It just sucked less than Go-Bots.

Then, in my 20's I saw Robotech, and figured out just how bad Transformers really sucked. Horrible one dimensional characters and bad one-liners. Good enough to sell a toy line, I guess.

P.S. Thundercats sucked too, but I knew it then, and there was no denial involved.

he explained that the whole reason behind the show was to sell us gimmicky toys... **looks at shelf of transformers collectibles** and admittedly I have to agree, but hey they kicked the crap out of GI Joe and Barbie (no offense people I'm just stating what sells WHICH IT DID!)

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Snip

Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or