Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

WOPR:
he explained that the whole reason behind the show was to sell us gimmicky toys... **looks at shelf of transformers collectibles** and admittedly I have to agree, but hey they kicked the crap out of GI Joe and Barbie (no offense people I'm just stating what sells WHICH IT DID!)

You know you just proved his "colored your milk machines and argued which was best" point right?

"What? Identify with Indiana Jones? Don't think so, he's over thirty! Here's Shia LeBettFuck. HE IS YOU."
That is my Quote of the Week.
xD

I was completely aware they existed only to sell toys. I didn't care - the toys were awesome.

I'm actually disappointed that T:WFC isn't any good. It seemed like it had potential.

Why can't any decent developer actually make a game which takes advantage of the fact things transform into other things! The last game to do that was M.A.S.K. on the ZX Spectrum!

101194:

Ricky Cabrera:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry

Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.

How about the last of several horrible transformers games? Go back and watch the original series. It's crap. I loved it as a child but as an adult I realize I was a brain damaged child.

Please continue to make the fanboys cry. This episode of Zero Punctuation was exactly what I needed to brighten up my day. Thank you.

Never really got into transformers, I played with my friends transformers a bit at his house, but never extensively. The movies were trite and this didn't look much better. I think you have to be a transformers fan to enjoy this game to be honest.

Enjoy your holiday nub.

What 14 days!? How can I live without Zero Punctuation for 2 weeks!? Curses, now I'll just have to find the cure for cancer, looks as though I have alot of time on my hands.

Don't just blame not having Transformers as a kid. I am sure being Emglish has a lot to do with you hating fun. And don't say "British" as you were born, grew up, and died inside in England, not Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Overall a mildly funny game with extra points from most fans because of nostaligia.

Poor deprived Yahtzee. Had he had some Transformers toys he might have been an artist instead of a critic.

What? Buying them when 18 is purely acceptable.

I can't love you, "Yahtzee," for this review enough. Except for the fact that that there won't be another review next week. I've always felt that Transformers sucked, and now I've "Yahtze's" verdict to prove it.

Enjoy your holiday, oppressing some exploited minority on a remote island.

ForensicYOYO:
I really didn't expect the stupid excuse for a mech game to do good. So Im glad you said it. The only question I have is If this game was based before the came to Earth why do the still transform into cars? Food for thought. Good job Yatzee.

It's a hell of alot faster than running every where?

Ricky Cabrera:

Then you're just as bad as the people who shout "FIRST!" your intention was to get the first post, same as them. The only difference is that you did it to spite them. So you're really not acting any better then them.

OT: I still wanna get this game, not because I like Transformers, but because I like 3rd person shooters. When done right, they're quite literally my favorite genre.

+1 internetz. this franchise died in '86 with the movie.

In the next season (3), we were going to have all these new characters, and people are going to be wondering what happened to the old characters that they liked so much. What we knew, in a business sense, is that they had been discontinued, because they were the 1984/1985 (toy)line - but, we needed to tie them off. So, we had this one scene where the Autobots basically had to run through a gauntlet of Decepticons. Which basically wiped out the entire '84 product line in one massive "charge of the light brigade". So, whoever wasn't discontinued, stumbled to the end. That scene didn't make it into the finished movie. But if you think kids were locking themselves in the bedroom over Optimus Prime, basically in that scene they would've seen their entire toy collection wiped out. - The Transformers: The Movie

Not G. Ivingname:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Snip

Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.

The original Transformers is only good when viewed through Nostalgia-goggles.

Beast Wars, however, was something else.

tredecim:
Why can't any decent developer actually make a game which takes advantage of the fact things transform into other things! The last game to do that was M.A.S.K. on the ZX Spectrum!

The only one I can remember that was decent (for the early 80s) was Aeroboto, AKA Formation Z.

If he does get as much hate mail as he's predicting maybe he can have another mailbag showdown (which was epic), but as for the game and transformers in general...ITS ALL SHIT. the only thing i ever liked about the entire series was the original opening and it wasn't worth it.

SnootyEnglishman:
I'm really starting to love the analogies and especially in this one anytime Shia LeBitch came up.

I find it funny that people hate him so much i've put up with him since even stevens on disney channel and I managed to laugh once or twice for that shows run.

I think people hate him for exactly that reason. He is as kevin from ed edd and eddy say a dork. A big one. and nobody likes dorks. Not even other dorks. But everyone thinks dorks are relatable and fun hence why every book I read in high school and middle school had them and is one of the reasons I don't read much.

I have really been enjoying some of the more recent videos, and I really liked this one. Maybe it's because I never was invested into Transformers, either, but I got a lot of where you were coming from in this review.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday.

I liked transformers though I do agree it was probably mostly nostaligia. But hey. I don't care. I had fun.

Happy Holiday boss see you when you come back. Also your reviews make a point and make us laugh everytime. You`re the reason i played Bioshock, HAWX, Painkiller and many others(though some werent a recommendation and such i feel a sickle in my throat), but i had to experience those for my own good and i got mixed feelings. Cheers mate

As much as I love transformers, this review made me die laughing.

101194:

Ricky Cabrera:

Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.

Entire series still a stinky pile of crap ^_^

I lol'ed at some parts of this. I'd say that's a good review of the campaign.

idk, I enjoyed the campaign even though I knew it was the same thing in both stories, but the selling point for me was the multi-player which turned out to be much better than I was predicting. I'm already aware that the Yahtzee cares not for the multi-player, but I feel like multiplayer is what this game is for.... I mean u have 3 person Co-op (random ass number if u ask me), Escalation (Robot adaptation of Nazi Zombies), and all that other "do this with your friends" stuff. If you don't have live or hate people then this isn't your game.... unless ur that much of a raving fan boy. I recently lost my Live account and I've always hated people so this game lasted about a week for me.

However...... imo..... multi-player is far less frustrating than COD... and I'd really like to try Escalation but low I hate people =/

MowDownJoe:

Not G. Ivingname:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Snip

Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.

The original Transformers is only good when viewed through Nostalgia-goggles.

Beast Wars, however, was something else.

It might be, but the fact that it was shot in CGI from the 90's only a couple of years after Toy Story (and without something that is even close to that budget) makes the animation look even more outdated then the original show's makes it hard to watch.

Meh I was poor so I never had any transformers toys as a kid.

So yeah I don't really care about it. But the movies were just craptastical crap. Seriously the GI JOE movie was WAY better than either transformers and that is saying a lot.

I liked transformers as a kid. Mainly because it had robots that turned into cars and planes and they had with other car changing robots. It made me laugh when they were making the first film and the internet was full of "Michael Bay raped my childhood" comments with adult fans going on about the depth the cartoons had. I watched the cartoon movie and it was crap, so funny. Why can't these adult fans just admit that love it because of the robots fighting other robots and transforming into cars.

Nice review, i have to say, for the very short time i played this game, i encountered many of the same things, apart from using a slightly bigger gun, transforming basically is useless unless your flying

This review came at a bit of a surprise to me actually. Now, I haven't actually played WfC yet, but I plan to (or at least, planned to). I had heard lots of good things about the game. And I know Yahtzee usual destroys games, but this one felt even more destroyed than usual. Now, I am nervous about wasting time on my Gamefly subscription to get the game...

EDIT: Should probably make this clear: My total knowledge of Transformers can be summed up in one sentence.
"Good robots lead by Optimus Prime fight bad robots, lots of explosions." That is all I know, never followed the series. But the game looked good to me. Maybe all the reviews are tinged with Transformers love? Similar to how GTA4 was universally acclaimed, more from it's legacy, not the actual game.
/controversial opinion!

I dont mind when you dont like something as long as its funny!!, thats your thing, but that review was Whine, whine, whine.... just boring, like listening to a old person who doesnt underatand why the kids like robots that transform!?. Yer, we get it, its been a slow month, just fcuk off on holiday till some descent games come out & stop putting this dog sh1t out.

Ricky Cabrera:

A smart new user. Wow.

Well done.

OT: Well done.

I also don't like transformers. But I like old school shooters. Yes I know, same addiction other drug. The fact is, Transformers is the less worst kind off old school shooter of recent times. I mean, There's no proper cover system and I can jump and shoot accurately. Can I jump and shoot accurately in GoW?! Unfortunately not.

this game really did ooze mediocrity. run of the mill shooter with a storyline that only fans of the series could be bothered caring about.

Good review. Although many may think Yahtzee was being harsh id say the game got off easy for his standards. Iv heard better games get verbally raped by him.

Another holiday? Oh well, I can't pretend Yahtzee doesnt deserve it. Great video, loved all the tumble drier and cardboard box fights.

Lucane:

"We used stealth by turning into loud vechiles that no robot had ever seen that could only really ram into other robot's."

Somehow that made even less logical sense then I thought it would. :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or