I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 24: Politics, Shopping and Intermediate Demonology

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode 24: Politics, Shopping and Intermediate Demonology

With attacks coming from both the North and the South, what will the council of Vornheim decide?

Watch Video

I watch this show for two reasons:

1) Zak is a ridiculously creative DM, and I love seeing what he comes up with next.

2) I have a rather large crush on Frankie.

So... yeah. Everyone keep doing what you're doing.

Love this show! In addition to ZP it makes wednesdays that much more awesome.

As a pen and paper Rpg player, I watch this show every week. I always find it interesting how DnD is played by others outside my group.

Watched it twice tonight after i was half feeding the piranha the first time XD.

I actually enjoyed watching it the 2nd time and i havent being watchin it lately. Im still not used to throwing something crazy in the mist e.g "Your walking along the streets then all of a sudden a black dragon rider appears before you".

"the goblins ate it" lol. and i also like the fact that she was trying to play in character instead of just doing what she wanted. i love it when you feal like the character without realizing it. =)

Nice voicework from the DM!

Book of Vile Darkness? That's a fun supplement book.

All that about the snakes relating to books and the serpentine creatures being related was incredibly well done.... I may stea... err borrow that for a campaign :D

"Book of Vile Darkenss" the perfect christmas gift:). Good show, and great that the band are back together again. Surely you can't leave the city in it's hour of need?.......actually thats probably what I would do......hmmmmm.

I still enjoy that Zac had to remind everyone that if they bail on the city's quest there would still be DnD. Sometimes you do forget that basic stuff

"What if I show him my tits?"
"Uhhh.... Charisma roll."

Best line ever. You can't write that shit.

Great episode! I love the lore, and the council characters Zak made.

"She's telling the truth."
"I don't believe you either!"

Fun to see Mandy's character's ambitions in the game. Adds the feeling that even though they're all in the party together everyone has more than just the next day on their mind. If I didn't like reading for very long off a screen then I'd try reading the blog about the previous sessions.

crazypsyko666:

Alongside
"Were groping our breasts and such"
Zak
"Larp it, larp it."

god dangit i cant see the vidio for some reason, just shows me a black screen >.<

edit: ok its working for me now.

Great episode!
This calls for... DVDA!

Great episode! I really love the idea with snakes being books. Its just awesome, good work Zak!

IHIWMA is the only reason I ever know that it's Wednesday.

One of the best episodes yet! Love the creativity, the role-playing, the in-character scenes and the BTS-style interviews. 5/5. Keep it up!

I like when I see stuff from Zak's blog finally make their way into the show. This was one of my favorite episodes; Mandy's foray into politics-- no wait, I mean her character's, there was even a cheat sheet!-- was fun. WHEW now the WHOLE group is together again.

d23:
IHIWMA is the only reason I ever know that it's Wednesday.

I'm the same way; it is always a nice surprise.

crazypsyko666:

Indeed!

OT: A really interesting episode that shows the scope of the world at large. So often it seems like we focus on our little group of adventurers without realizing that there is a whole world going on around them, regardless of their involvement. Great job allowing us to remember that this group is just one small facet of this whole fantasy world.

Great episode this week, lots of little moments in there that remind why I keep watching this show every week. Keep up the good work.

emergency account:

crazypsyko666:

Alongside
"Were groping our breasts and such"
Zak
"Larp it, larp it."

yeah "larp it!" cracked me up too

Gia and Mandy use grope.

Its effective !

wow. i don't know if i fully get what is going on, but the interaction is quite hilarious.

from the 'oops, we unleashed an undead army on the world' to 'would you rather deal with crazy assassin or disbelieving political council?'. good stuff.

--
I did like how she asked if they could use magic to show that she was telling the truth, and then the council member said he didn't trust/believe the magic/magic-user either. lol.

C

Corvuus:
wow. i don't know if i fully get what is going on, but the interaction is quite hilarious.

from the 'oops, we unleashed an undead army on the world' to 'would you rather deal with crazy assassin or disbelieving political council?'. good stuff.

--
I did like how she asked if they could use magic to show that she was telling the truth, and then the council member said he didn't trust/believe the magic/magic-user either. lol.

C

It's gotta be because they're all in on the plot to bring down the city together, so of course the guy is going to say he doesn't trust anything Mandy has to say.

why is medusa a race? The Medusa that was killed by Perseus in Greek mythology is a Gorgon.

This really makes me want to play D & D again. I miss those days...

Great show as always.

GaudyMarrko:
why is medusa a race? The Medusa that was killed by Perseus in Greek mythology is a Gorgon.

Again with this?

http://mandymorbid.blogspot.com/2010/03/fuck-medusa-part-two.html?zx=cbfaa8f537edf4ee

Whoa....that pink Mohawk come over.....i love it!

GaudyMarrko:

D&D has a whole separate mythology sort of based on real mythology that's why.

Stryc9:

Corvuus:
snip

It's gotta be because they're all in on the plot to bring down the city together, so of course the guy is going to say he doesn't trust anything Mandy has to say.

Really? I only watched the episode once so i'm not 100% sure but there were 4 council members right? I don't really see 'all' of them being 'in' on a plan to destroy the city that they themselves are council members of. I mean, 1 or 2... yeah, sure, revenge/rise from the ashes, power, etc. but 'everyone' in on it?

Actually, the most 'hilarious' option I can think of (probably not true/realistic) is that each council member has a 'secret alliance' with the medusa but they don't know about each other or what the medusa's exact motive is. So they 'lie' to protect the plan, thinking that they will each reap the reward.
-------

At any rate, I'm hoping they stick it out (as opposed to the tried and true, 'run away!') so we can see some strategy/mass battle. They can always 'try' to ditch if things get 'too bad' right?

... of course... i have no idea what the undead horde is really doing. If they were 'wakened' and are 'trailing the character' as opposed to mindlessly wandering, then running actually might save the city by drawing them off.... and from the map, it looks like a 'north-south' trail/tracking is possible but eh, I guess i'll just watch and find out :). If the medusa starts Xanatos gambit ownage, i'm going to be omgwtf at 'medusa knows character is being tracked, medusa hires party to get said character in city and south of city to get pincered by army, medusa plays council, medusa owns all'.

C

Ooooh this is gonna get good.

Corvuus:

*Snip*

Really? I only watched the episode once so i'm not 100% sure but there were 4 council members right? I don't really see 'all' of them being 'in' on a plan to destroy the city that they themselves are council members of. I mean, 1 or 2... yeah, sure, revenge/rise from the ashes, power, etc. but 'everyone' in on it?

Actually, the most 'hilarious' option I can think of (probably not true/realistic) is that each council member has a 'secret alliance' with the medusa but they don't know about each other or what the medusa's exact motive is. So they 'lie' to protect the plan, thinking that they will each reap the reward.
-------

At any rate, I'm hoping they stick it out (as opposed to the tried and true, 'run away!') so we can see some strategy/mass battle. They can always 'try' to ditch if things get 'too bad' right?

... of course... i have no idea what the undead horde is really doing. If they were 'wakened' and are 'trailing the character' as opposed to mindlessly wandering, then running actually might save the city by drawing them off.... and from the map, it looks like a 'north-south' trail/tracking is possible but eh, I guess i'll just watch and find out :). If the medusa starts Xanatos gambit ownage, i'm going to be omgwtf at 'medusa knows character is being tracked, medusa hires party to get said character in city and south of city to get pincered by army, medusa plays council, medusa owns all'.

C

That's a good theory, and in reality it could be quite possible. Zak is the master of pulling some of the most incredible stuff out of nowhere. There's really only one thing to do...wait till next week!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here