Muslim Should Not Equal Villain

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Is it honestly a big surprise Muslims are being villified when extremists blew up a couple of American buildings in the name of their god? Every time some group does something to the US that the US, as a whole, doesn't like it gets villified. Right now that group is the Muslims, and in 10-15 years someone else will do something and they will be the target.

WaderiAAA:

Waif:
It is true that Muslims have been in a bad light (not near as much as Nazi's or Russians lol). However, Muslims have been attacking American values for just as long. Even today we can see hate speeches from Islamic leaders citing violence against Americans, and their way of life. I'm afraid I can't feel sympathetic towards a culture that hates democracy, it's values, and it's people. Also, they hate Jews with such a passion that it makes Nazi's look conservative. This is common knowledge, and also this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.229799-Iran-Publishes-Anti-Israel-Videogames

Sorry, I'm just not buying that it is Muslims who are the real victims here. Of course, this is a matter of opinion.

So Iran making one Anti-Israel game is bad, but America making several Anti-Muslim games is not? Also, calling something "common knowledge" doesn't make it a fact. I see way to many people using "everybody knows" as an argument in debates like this.

I never said either was good. I was using a comparison in the fact that if a culture is getting upset with being demonized, perhaps they should stop demonizing other cultures. Only a hypocrite would say that they are a victim, all the while they victimize others. Unless you feel that Islam is above criticism?

Facts are of course, things that can be proved, or disproved. Common knowledge falls into this arena. So thus, yes, it is a fact, and the tiniest bit of research will show as much. There have been many links quoted in this thread showing the factual nature of muslim hatred of the Jews and women. Just stop by the Giza plateau (Palestine preferrably) sometime and tell me if the muslims there, don't hate the Jews? That is fact, and your inability to see that, doesn't change the truth of the matter.

This is a joke right?
I love the Jafar from Aladin as wouldn't Aladin and anyone else not the bad guy who are muslims be good guys?

Oh wait...or is this a failed guilt trip about letting evil people be evil because they are not white christians?

Seriously, Muslims who have a job, don't murderer their daughters in honor killing, beat women, have 8 wives just to pump out kids, don't beat all their siblings in public ect ect are fine.

When talking about 3rd world nations one of these ugly old barbaric practices can easily show up, and no muslim religion doesn't excuse them.

Same thing about Catholic child molesters... murdering people in gods name, burning witches at crosses would not be accepted....

Just keep in mind, want to be treated civil, BE CIVIL and Muslim at the same time. Same with any other religion.....

The world has laws. Laws that should cover all people. NOT what invisible man in the sky they pray to. That is a cultures downfall for sure... as we proved many will say "God wants, god told me" to excuse the most horrible actions in history.

Muslims are the bad guys in video games because they are the bad guys. Sure there are a lot of great muslims out there but I'm sure there were some great nazi's too. They come from a culture where shit like stoning your wife for cheating is a totally cool thing to do. They follow a book that says that is the proper way to do things. Muslims that don't want to be depicted as crazy people should just change the name of their religion to islam2.0 and dissassociate themselves from the others and while they are at it make up a great excuse why they don't have to follow all the bat shit crazy rules in the Qur'an that have no place in modern society like christians did with the old testiment.

cerebus23:
maybe if moderate muslims took a more front and center position against extremists

More than condemning and often opposing them?

Saladin Ahmed:

Sillyiggy:
Persecution complexes are fun.

Yeah it's awesome to make this stuff up! In fact *I* actually stabbed a Muslim cabbie in New York (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/muslim-question-leads-cabbie-stabbing-hate-crime-charge/story?id=11480081), and set off a pipe bomb at a Florida mosque (http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/fbi-finds-pipe-bomb-used-in-blast-at-fla-mosque/19475001) JUST SO YOU WOULD TAKE MY BEEF WITH METAL SLUG 2 SERIOUSLY!

Sarcasm is lost on this one. Obviously they are not fun hence why it would be comical to refer to them as funny. I can see yours is ruining your life and I admit there is nothing funny about it at all. No one with a persecution complex would ever refer to it as fun for them.

As a whole we, the people of the earth are a bunch of base-line petty children.

The USA could be described as the attention seeking child jumping up and down on the spot.

Britain (thats me) could be classed as a snobby "only child" who doesn't like it when kids come over to play (immigrant kids that is).

When I say this I'm taking no pot shot at any one country or people.

If we were to look at the world wars as an example we could say that back then germany was the resident bully who beat up france and other kids untill some of the other children like Britain and poland decided to beat germany up for picking on their friends.

USA didn't want to get involved untill that japanese kid broke his toy ships.

After this war was done, all the kids branded those bullies and their mates as "not to be trusted bad boys".
Today we are all picking on the muslim kid because some of his mates have been breaking our stuff (twin towers, london bombings etc.)

what I am trying to say and have probably done a crap job in explaining, is that every country has been told to play nice with the others but kids being kids we are always gonna call them names or break their things and say they are wierd.

.......I'm gonna shut up now.......probably for the best.....

etherlance:

The USA could be described as the attention seeking child jumping up and down on the spot.

Britain (thats me) could be classed as a snobby "only child" who doesn't like it when kids come over to play (immigrant kids that is).

If we were to look at the world wars as an example we could say that back then germany was the resident bully who beat up france and other kids untill some of the other children like Britain and poland decided to beat germany up for picking on their friends.

After this war was done, all the kids branded those bullies and their mates as "not to be trusted bad boys".
Today we are all picking on the muslim kid because some of his mates have been breaking our stuff (twin towers, london bombings etc.)

what I am trying to say and have probably done a crap job in explaining, is that every country has been told to play nice with the others but kids being kids we are always gonna call them names or break their things and say they are wierd.

I liked it, gonna use it in class. See what my students think of it.

Quid Plura:

etherlance:

I liked it, gonna use it in class. See what my students think of it.

Well good luck with that one......tell me how it goes!!

Great article. I agree that it's tedious how often the most obvious difference between protagonists and villains, especially in most of these vanilla shooters, is that the "Good guys" are usually white, and the "bad guys" are usually some OTHER COLOR (Religion/species/etc.).

There's always going to be racists and anti-religious haters. Right or wrong, here's the point: they ought to be civil and tolerant, BUT their opinions are just that as well- opinions. If we want them to tolerate us, we must tolerate them. We can condemn actions without condemning people, can we not?
Also, as for the Taliban, what's wrong with a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION being villains? The same is done with the Nazis, the Russians, and in my favorite game series Assassin's Creed, unfortunately Christians. The last being from a scifi alternate world perspective, but the Catholic Church is very nastily portrayed. That does not make me hate the game or Ubisoft.
There are places, surely, where such characterization is completely unfair. Like all men with mustaches must be the villain. Seriously, though, no instances of outright muslim-bashing in video games comes to mind, and most I have seen take every effort to show that the average muslim is NOT like the terrorists you are fighting. Not denying it doesn't happen, just never seen it.

Giest4life:

Waif:

This is where you are wrong. Truth is not based on perspective, if we still believed that, the earth would still be flat. Unless you are a flat earther? In that event,let me introduce you to what is in fact truth. For instance, truth is indivisible in it's definition as: Conformity to fact or actuality. Which is objective, and not subjective as you have stated. This invalidates your claim in it's entirety. Therefore it is your logic that is flawed. Allow me to drive the point home further. There are absolute truths, ones that cannot be questioned. Because to say that there is no such thing as an absolute truth is a self-defeating statement. Because if that statement were not in itself an absolute it would be false!

Truth is a constant, and is supported largely by the factual, not the opinion. In the case of the flat earth, people believed that the earth was flat because that was all the knew. This didn't make it the truth, simply because they believed it. In fact 500 years later, we now know that the earth is round. Perspective can change, the truth, however, remains the same. Unless you actually believe that upon thinking the earth is round, that it suddenly became round?

Morality is another story that is subjective and is based on perspective. As are the concepts of good and evil. For the record, I never said anything about morality. You did. Truth supersedes the subjective. I spoke in terms of truth as in factual evidence that you can find anywhere. On the subject of morality. Look up Honor killings some time. If you don't think that is evil, well, then there is nothing that can be done for you.

Sorry, fail argument.

You're basing your standard for Truth on the false theories of induction, and causality. Our epistemological limits prohibit us from knowing anything outside what we can experience. Objectivity is just lots of people agreeing on something, and calling it "objective" so that it may never be doubted. But of course, they fail, and don't worry the axioms of today [i]will[/b] be the fables of tomorrow.

And I wholeheartedly perceive you as a non-human slave. I perceive it, therefore it's true? Or are you saying there is no truth? Truth is either absolute, or fluid, or nonexistant.

I've read several pages of these posts now and I'm calling you all out. Show me ONE anti-muslim game that made it into the mainstream in the last ten years. That's a SUCCESSFUL game that WASN'T accepted by the mainstream public. Million brownie points if you can come up with five from the past five years that reached critical acclaim in ANY publlication. That will prove your argument once and for all, my friends!
For extra credit, find ten games that make Christians look evil from the past ten years. Then find 50 movies that do the same. You'll find the extra credit is practically free points.

Make sure to LIST your answers. Just saying they exist does not work.

God I am sick of this stupid issue. America does this every time we go to war. The citizens who are not out fighting take it upon themselves to attack those who share something in common with our enemies. We do this all the time. Remember the little diddy with the Japanese, and the Germans, and the Russians. This will all blow over after some dumb politician thinks China just looked at us wrong. And for the record, I am muslim, and my dad was at the pentagon during the attack.

I agree that Muslim should not equal villian, but in story telling media (games, books, movies, etc.) it is somewhat understandable that they are often portrayed as villians when you look at the facts:

the basis of any good story is making the listener care about what is going on, the simplest and most often used method is by creating a character the listener can relate to. Because relatively few people in the US, the country to which most games and Hollywood movies are designed for, would find it easy to relate to a religious Muslim or a culturally accurate Muslim man from the Middle East most writers don't make one as the protagonist of their stories.

As for why they are often villains: when creating villains the exact opposite methods are used, creating characters that are very hard to relate to or characters that are easily disliked. When creating a villain or group of villains for a story based somewhat on the real world writers will often pick stereotypes or real world groups that are vilified already (because they are lazy), which is why you get repeat appearances of Nazis, Russians, Treacherous businessmen and politicians, overzealous fanatics(often Muslims these days but I recall seeing Christians in this role in some media), and conscienceless military commanders.

Not...kill/or subdue only in self defense or to defend others of weak nature...the Bible

We make all Russians villians, all Germans, all Middle Eastern people, South Americans, Chinese, and AMerican corporations. Every type of people have been steriotyped and made villians. In fact only recently in modern FPS's have Middle Eastern people been the bad guys, the Russians have taken flack for years before that. Now steriotyping any people is kinda wrong but have a sense of humor about it. I will say though that America has been really fucked up to Muslims since 9/11, funny how people only selectively brand things. You dont see people angry at the entire Christian religion for a few of their nutjobs bombing things.

I think it is less of an issue of "Hey all Muslims are godless killers" and more "Hey everyone who is different from me is a godless killer." Hell, according to video games, all people from north of the British isles is gigantic and wears a horned helmet, everyone from the middle east is Muslim, Germans are all Nazis, and Americans all have really irritating twangs. It is just the nature of mass media I suppose.

I live in a highly East Indian Populated area. I also learned unlike most idiots a man is judged on his actions and not his Skin Colour or Beliefs.

Muslim Should Not Equal Villain

Catholic Priest Should Not Equal Pedophile

Stupid people can't be told things to get them to see the truth, the have to see it.

I like the article, but I don't think it changed anyone's mind.

letterbomber223:

Shame your intellect isn't half the size of your ego. A:It's not MY religion. B: The hadiths and the sunna are separate from the Qur'an. C: the Qur'an CLEARLY states that many people will seek to use it as an excuse to break god's law, and these people will be the worst of all (because as the book says: to kill one man is as heinous as killing all of humanity.) The 'examples' you sight do nothing more than support the Qur'ans claim to be the only transcendental text on earth. (which I don't believe it is, FYI though my religious beliefs, and those of others should not make them a viable target for hatred like yours)
Do you play tennis? Cause you just got SERVED!

A: Good for you.
B: The Hadith are the foundation upon which Islamic law is based. This is why Islamic countries use their religion to justify the murder of rape victims, homosexuals, atheists, people who leave Islam, 'witches', etc. etc.
C: According to you Saudi Arabia, Iran, Indonesia, Sudan, & so on aren't Muslim because they practice capital punishment as described in Islamic law (predominantly but not exclusively the Shi'a sect of Islam) which is based on Hadith.

The examples cited of the state-sanctioned murder of rape-victims & so called 'witches', etc. where given to illustrate how Islamic states use their religion to justify the most sickening of atrocities. Not only are these countries so backward & socially retarded that they still impose the death penalty for some crimes, they even impose their murder on the victims of some crimes (e.g. rape). My disgust is directed towards anyone who would subscribe to or defend such behaviour.

You finished with "Do you play tennis? Cause you just got SERVED!"

I do play tennis, although I prefer team games like rugby. I fail to see why you asked, or why you say that I've been 'SERVED'. Served with what? Or are you saying that you're acting as some kind of servant?

I recently watched Avatar, for yet another time, this last weekend and a quote really stood out to me. It was something along the lines of: When someone has something you want, you make them your enemy. I feel it's quite pertinent, because of our energy needs (watch out Canada, you're next).

Secondly, 'fear of the other' is something that's been around for, well, forever. In the 1800s it was Irish, Chinese, Blacks, Italians, etc...In the early 1900s it was the Communist (the REDS!). Now it's people who believe in Islam, and in some states Latinos. It'll be interesting to see who the next other will be.

Saladin Ahmed:
Muslims in My Monitor

From Prince of Persia to the recent Medal of Honor news of playable Taliban, the depiction of Muslims in videogames hasn't been any more even-handed than American TV or movies. Saladin Ahmed is one Muslim gamer who'd like to see that change.

Read Full Article

The picture you used was of a non-Muslim Arab. We know Jafar is not Muslim because he practices forbidden arts. He is Arabian, yes, but not Muslim.

Moreover, while Aladdin's religion is never specifically stated, it is possible he actually is a Muslim.

In essence, you are complaining about Muslims terrorizing Whites in American media, but you used a picture of a non-Muslim Arabian villain who is overcome and defeated by an Arabian, possibly Muslim hero.

Simply put: Epic Fail.

TestECull:
Is it honestly a big surprise Muslims are being villified when extremists blew up a couple of American buildings in the name of their god? Every time some group does something to the US that the US, as a whole, doesn't like it gets villified. Right now that group is the Muslims, and in 10-15 years someone else will do something and they will be the target.

My money is on Canadians when they try to raise prices on their sweet-sweet-syrup.

We will drop the hatred bomb on them so hard that they'll barely be able to get off two thank yous.

catalyst8:

A: Good for you.
B: The Hadith are the foundation upon which Islamic law is based. This is why Islamic countries use their religion to justify the murder of rape victims, homosexuals, atheists, people who leave Islam, 'witches', etc. etc.
C: According to you Saudi Arabia, Iran, Indonesia, Sudan, & so on aren't Muslim because they practice capital punishment as described in Islamic law (predominantly but not exclusively the Shi'a sect of Islam) which is based on Hadith.

The examples cited of the state-sanctioned murder of rape-victims & so called 'witches', etc. where given to illustrate how Islamic states use their religion to justify the most sickening of atrocities. Not only are these countries so backward & socially retarded that they still impose the death penalty for some crimes, they even impose their murder on the victims of some crimes (e.g. rape). My disgust is directed towards anyone who would subscribe to or defend such behaviour.

You finished with "Do you play tennis? Cause you just got SERVED!"

I do play tennis, although I prefer team games like rugby. I fail to see why you asked, or why you say that I've been 'SERVED'. Served with what? Or are you saying that you're acting as some kind of servant?

Most christian hate groups in the US would murder people if they could get away with it still. It's the fear of persecution that keeps them at bay...well some of them. Others still bomb abortion clinics and drag homosexuals behind their pick up trucks till they die.

Once enough people in these other areas become as intolerant of batshit insane faith murder the Islamic Hate groups will look exactly like the christian ones. They'll make signs, talk about how other people are unclean heathens who will burn in the endless fires of hell (or what have you) and we'll all act like in the past they never ran around the rest of the world murdering anyone who didn't share the same taste in literature as them.

[ and now for something different ... ]

The reality is that it is less the faith than just assholes in general. MOST people in MOST faiths are nice folks who just like the good parts of the faith they are a part of. But then assholes get involved.

Assholes ruin everything. They are in your xbox live, some are police, some are judges, some become world leaders, many become senators.

It isn't that any of the groups they are a part of are intrinsically bad, it is that they are bad people. Police in the US aren't crazy tazering monsters, assholes who become police are. XboX Gamers aren't all shitheads, assholes with xbox live subscriptions are. Same can be said about the judges who rule on the side of bigotry or of world leaders who think its cool to slaughter millions of people or randomly invade and bomb places (of which most countries with bombs have had at least one leader do).

I guess what I'm getting at is. I have yet to read a text of faith that didn't have quite a few passages about murdering in it for stupid reasons. But that's because those pieces were written by assholes.

The only people that listen to those parts are assholes.

So in the end, yes Muslims are not villains, neither are christians, or any other faith or job profession, the only villains are villains (or colloquially "assholes").

I'm hoping I don't get probation for using that word so much. But I do think at this point it is a specific genre of people. :/

catalyst8:

The Hadith are the foundation upon which Islamic law is based. This is why Islamic countries use their religion to justify the murder of rape victims, homosexuals, atheists, people who leave Islam, 'witches', etc. etc.

That's all fine and dandy, but you're ignoring the fact the countries like the UAE, Oman, Lebanon, etc. I.E. modern islamic nations with enough wealth to keep up with the rest of the world, they do not kill al and sundry, despite being very, very, very muslim.
The impoverished, war-torn, or education deprived nations you speak of act like any impoverished, war-torn or education deprived nation. You see a person who identifies themself as muslim do something bad and say "see - all muslims are bad"
It's pathetic. Just because you and dubya bush are fucking retarded, doesn't mean all Americans are.
Have fun on burn a Qur'an day, you fucking bigot, I can't be bothered to babysit you anymore - bye.

Funny how this thread turned into a "are or aren't muslims evil" thread instead of a "are or aren't muslims unfairly portrayed as viillains" thread. And once again I respond: I see terrorists being portrayed as villains, but I don't see any portrayal of all muslims as terrorists in games. Like I said, show me one instance of Islam in general and not just terrorists as the enemy in a game, and prove it.

Without reading the slew of comments before this nor wanting to spend a bunch of time before a powerhappy moderator suspends me for this post, let me just be blunt will all capital letters.

AS A WHITE AMERICAN, I HAVE BEEN APART OF SO MUCH HATRED COMING TOWARD ME AND NOT FROM ME. HOWEVER, MY PEOPLE DON'T LIVE IN A SHITHOLE OF THE WORLD AND BITCH AT OTHERS WITHOUT TAKING A MINUTE TO REALISE THAT MY BELIEVES MAY BE WRONG OR AT LEAST UNPOPULAR BUT INSTEAD IS WILLING TO MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER THROUGH HARD WORK AND DETICATION TO OUR HOMELAND INSTEAD OF KILLING OTHERS OR ACTING PISSY OVER MILD INFRACTIONS OVER RELIGIOUS DOGMA THAT IS THOUSANDS OF YEARS OUTDATED. I AM TALKING TOWARD NATIONAL POLICY AND CUSTOMS SUCH AS THE TREATMENT OF WOMEN, NOT RELIGIOUS DOGMA RIGHT NOW.

Sure, I could go on and on about how we built this nation and how I am annoyed with the south of our border not really trying and also the worlds garbage that goes with ignorance. I could also mention some of my cultures problems like spending all of our money on bullshit and UNNEEDED wars over bad ideas or not helping those who truly need help on our own home land.

(A quick disclaimer)While it is true that even the Bible is based toward women and believe in stuff like slavery and executions over mild infractions, we as a nation do not believe nor rule our people this way and this is what I am referring to now. I am not bashing the muslim religion in this post, just the bullshit way of thinking of the muslim world and how they treat people now.

-------------------------

My point is, we are all responsible for the actions of our people and if my people were dumb enough to commit acts of terror and not have the military force to stand up for ourselves, we deserve to have our nation taken over and changed in THEIR and not our interest. If we act like assholes and do not think about our actions affecting others of our own kind, its OUR fault and not anyone elses for the response OR HATRED BACK toward them. This is the same with us as well. If I went somewhere and mentioned I am from the US, I could get the backlash of the crap that I HAD NO FUCKING RESPONSBILITY OF MY COUNTRIES actions.

HOWEVER, once again in all capital letters to FUCKING STRESS THIS POINT AS MANY OTHERS JUST DON'T GET IT AND CRY ABOUT INEQUALITY SUCh AS THIS BULLSHIT TOPIC ON THIS THREAD.
-------------------
I AM ABSOLUTELY OFFENDED BY THIS TOPIC. I AM OFFENDED ON HOW IT IS OKAY TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE AS I HAVE HEARD COUNTLESS TIMES ABOUT HOW GREEDY, SELFISH AND SELF-CENTERED WE ARE WHEN I MYSELF DO NOT THINK THIS WAY. I AM SO GOD DAMN ANNOYED ON HOW IT IS OKAY TO HATE THE MAJORITY BUT IT IS NOT OKAY TO GET THAT FEELING BACK, LIKE THE KIND OF SHIT THIS TOPIC TALKS ABOUT. FOR INSTANCE, I AGREE WITH AFFIRMITIVE ACTION ON GETTING JOBS BUT IF ONLY A FEW JOBS ARE AVAILABLE, IT SHOULD GO TO THE BEST WORKERS AND TO HELL WITH SKIN COLOR. BUT MOST OF ALL AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING SHIT LIKE THIS POST. SO, ITS OKAY TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE FOR SLAVERY FROM WAY LONG AGO OR HATE THE GERMANS FOR WWII OR EVEN HATE STOREOWNERS FOR HOW THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES (as I am NOT a store owner but a simple college student/factory worker.) BUT IT IS NOT OKAY TO EVEN SAY I AM ANNOYED AT PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO SPEAK ENGLISH IN PUBLIC, PEOPLE WHO HATE MY KIND AS WELL OR THOSE WHO THINK WE MUST FEEL BAD FOR THEM FOR SOME ARBITARY AND BULLSHIT REASON.

Most of all though, Muslims have the option to NOT be religious and they also have to understand that maybe it is okay to have others annoyed with you and not write bullshit topics such as this story crying about it. For instance, I used to be a Luteran (Kind of a Catholic/Christian mix.) but I am sorry for the Crusades and so on from our history but for fucks sake, I am not going to cry if someone badmouths Jesus or hates me over BULLSHIT I HAD NO PART IN.

In conclusion, and I am saving this to post later if deleted, STOP FUCKING CRYING OVER LITTLE SHIT AND REALISE THAT NOT EVERYONE SHOULD JOIN YOUR CRUSADE IF PEOPLE ARE MAD AT YOU OVER SHIT THAT HAPPENDED A LITTLE WHILE AGO. The terrorist attacks were awful AND FUCKING POINTLESS and did nothing but piss us off to destroy two countries that really nobody gave two shits about before hand. However, as my people were responsible for interning every Japanize American during WWII during that war, afterwords, I really don't have a right to bitch if one of the newly freed Japanize people were upset with me after the war. However, I do have a right if people still hated me after all of these decades later. All in all, so do Muslims over this crap and they should just shut up about it. They have to understand that I can be tolerant of their religion as I am BUT I HAVE EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to be upset when they want to build a Mosk (Mispelled, shut up.) on the "Ground Zero" terrorist attack site.

BloodSquirrel:

Fr33Kye:

I dont mean an explicitly Muslim character i'm referring to an Arab character. Even if you say its a sub genre of a sub genre, it doesn't mean that there is nothing wrong with that being the only depiction of Arabs.

Why not? Because a handful of people want something else? It's on them to either create what they want or demonstrate that they have enough spending power to justify somebody else creating it. It isn't anybody else's moral responsibility to spend 20 million dollars to create a video game that makes them feel good about himself.

Also, when was the last game to shoot Allied soldiers out of a pill tower during the D-Day Normandy Beach invasion or a game based upon Native Americans defending their homeland against Custer. Oh wait, THERE ISN'T ANY either. It is so funny how people who are the culture being annoyed at right now to cry for equality but they fail to realise that everyone has their share as well. In the future, you might see a Chinese game with Chinese solders "liberating" the United States during a Pacific Coast invasion. We all have our share in this stuff.

Bud the Wise:
Without reading the slew of comments before this nor wanting to spend a bunch of time before a powerhappy moderator suspends me for this post, let me just be blunt will all capital letters.

AS A WHITE AMERICAN, I HAVE BEEN APART OF SO MUCH HATRED COMING TOWARD ME AND NOT FROM ME. HOWEVER, MY PEOPLE DON'T LIVE IN A SHITHOLE OF THE WORLD AND BITCH AT OTHERS WITHOUT TAKING A MINUTE TO REALISE THAT MY BELIEVES MAY BE WRONG OR AT LEAST UNPOPULAR BUT INSTEAD IS WILLING TO MAKE OUR LIVES BETTER THROUGH HARD WORK AND DETICATION TO OUR HOMELAND INSTEAD OF KILLING OTHERS OR ACTING PISSY OVER MILD INFRACTIONS OVER RELIGIOUS DOGMA THAT IS THOUSANDS OF YEARS OUTDATED. I AM TALKING TOWARD NATIONAL POLICY AND CUSTOMS SUCH AS THE TREATMENT OF WOMEN, NOT RELIGIOUS DOGMA RIGHT NOW.

Sure, I could go on and on about how we built this nation and how I am annoyed with the south of our border not really trying and also the worlds garbage that goes with ignorance. I could also mention some of my cultures problems like spending all of our money on bullshit and UNNEEDED wars over bad ideas or not helping those who truly need help on our own home land.

(A quick disclaimer)While it is true that even the Bible is based toward women and believe in stuff like slavery and executions over mild infractions, we as a nation do not believe nor rule our people this way and this is what I am referring to now. I am not bashing the muslim religion in this post, just the bullshit way of thinking of the muslim world and how they treat people now.

-------------------------

My point is, we are all responsible for the actions of our people and if my people were dumb enough to commit acts of terror and not have the military force to stand up for ourselves, we deserve to have our nation taken over and changed in THEIR and not our interest. If we act like assholes and do not think about our actions affecting others of our own kind, its OUR fault and not anyone elses for the response OR HATRED BACK toward them. This is the same with us as well. If I went somewhere and mentioned I am from the US, I could get the backlash of the crap that I HAD NO FUCKING RESPONSBILITY OF MY COUNTRIES actions.

HOWEVER, once again in all capital letters to FUCKING STRESS THIS POINT AS MANY OTHERS JUST DON'T GET IT AND CRY ABOUT INEQUALITY SUCh AS THIS BULLSHIT TOPIC ON THIS THREAD.
-------------------
I AM ABSOLUTELY OFFENDED BY THIS TOPIC. I AM OFFENDED ON HOW IT IS OKAY TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE AS I HAVE HEARD COUNTLESS TIMES ABOUT HOW GREEDY, SELFISH AND SELF-CENTERED WE ARE WHEN I MYSELF DO NOT THINK THIS WAY. I AM SO GOD DAMN ANNOYED ON HOW IT IS OKAY TO HATE THE MAJORITY BUT IT IS NOT OKAY TO GET THAT FEELING BACK, LIKE THE KIND OF SHIT THIS TOPIC TALKS ABOUT. FOR INSTANCE, I AGREE WITH AFFIRMITIVE ACTION ON GETTING JOBS BUT IF ONLY A FEW JOBS ARE AVAILABLE, IT SHOULD GO TO THE BEST WORKERS AND TO HELL WITH SKIN COLOR. BUT MOST OF ALL AND ABOVE ALL ELSE, I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING SHIT LIKE THIS POST. SO, ITS OKAY TO HATE WHITE PEOPLE FOR SLAVERY FROM WAY LONG AGO OR HATE THE GERMANS FOR WWII OR EVEN HATE STOREOWNERS FOR HOW THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES (as I am NOT a store owner but a simple college student/factory worker.) BUT IT IS NOT OKAY TO EVEN SAY I AM ANNOYED AT PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO SPEAK ENGLISH IN PUBLIC, PEOPLE WHO HATE MY KIND AS WELL OR THOSE WHO THINK WE MUST FEEL BAD FOR THEM FOR SOME ARBITARY AND BULLSHIT REASON.

Most of all though, Muslims have the option to NOT be religious and they also have to understand that maybe it is okay to have others annoyed with you and not write bullshit topics such as this story crying about it. For instance, I used to be a Luteran (Kind of a Catholic/Christian mix.) but I am sorry for the Crusades and so on from our history but for fucks sake, I am not going to cry if someone badmouths Jesus or hates me over BULLSHIT I HAD NO PART IN.

In conclusion, and I am saving this to post later if deleted, STOP FUCKING CRYING OVER LITTLE SHIT AND REALISE THAT NOT EVERYONE SHOULD JOIN YOUR CRUSADE IF PEOPLE ARE MAD AT YOU OVER SHIT THAT HAPPENDED A LITTLE WHILE AGO. The terrorist attacks were awful AND FUCKING POINTLESS and did nothing but piss us off to destroy two countries that really nobody gave two shits about before hand. However, as my people were responsible for interning every Japanize American during WWII during that war, afterwords, I really don't have a right to bitch if one of the newly freed Japanize people were upset with me after the war. However, I do have a right if people still hated me after all of these decades later. All in all, so do Muslims over this crap and they should just shut up about it. They have to understand that I can be tolerant of their religion as I am BUT I HAVE EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to be upset when they want to build a Mosk (Mispelled, shut up.) on the "Ground Zero" terrorist attack site.

Im not american, but yeah im also tired of the whole "Its okay to hate white people" bullshit. Aint only in america either, muslims in Europe in general are xenophobic hatemongerers (Yes I know good people whom are muslim to but they are a minority, a very small minority who get shunned by the muslim community for being friends with white non-muslims).

But yeah, what he said. *Points at quoute*

alright.....

Muslim = A Religion (like Christianity and Buddism [not scientology that is a sci fi club])
Arabic = A Race (u'know like cacasian or african)

Alot of comments comparing this issue to say Germans in world war 2.. But how can you compare a race to a reglion??

It's a matter of context and unfortunetly some confusion.

In a WW2 games the germans are the bad guys.. but they are never refered to as Christians, they are just zee Germans. Thats how it was, WW2 germans where the enemy.

So now, with MOH they are setting the game in the current conflicts in the world. In this case Afganistan which just so happens the Afganies are of Arabic descent and may be Muslim...

So what, do we really think that its all about an attack on Muslims? Isn't just a factual representation of a struggle that exsists in the world? The fact the the bad guys in the struggle might just be Muslim has nothing to do with the content.

Unfortunetly the extremist Muslims (you may now spamming me hate) have dragged the whole Muslim community into the lets say "Negative Perspective" basket, and this unfortunetly is how things sit now.

I will say that the extremist groups that scare me the most are the Christain ones like the Evangelical people (yes you are extremist, also faith shouldn't cost money but thats not the point) and the ones that sing and dance around alot, going down the street telling everyone how they love jesus and how they worship him (Look up Matthew 6:5-8 before PM me some crap)

I am accually looking forward to MOH as indeed i have been interested heeps in the general setting of it. It's taking a conflict all but removed from our minds and our TV's and plonks you right in the middle of it and says "Here you go, this is whats going on in the world now you experience it".

Also lay of the white american crap... its old hat, yes some are ignorant... but hey so is the entire media system there so whatever

Mitchell Smith:
alright.....

Muslim = A Religion (like Christianity and Buddism [not scientology that is a sci fi club])

Alot of comments comparing this issue to say Germans in world war 2.. But how can you compare a race to a reglion??

In a WW2 games the germans are the bad guys.. but they are never refered to as Christians, they are just zee Germans. Thats how it was, WW2 germans where the enemy.

So now, with MOH they are setting the game in the current conflicts in the world. In this case Afganistan which just so happens the Afganies are of Arabic descent and may be Muslim...

So what, do we really think that its all about an attack on Muslims? Isn't just a factual representation of a struggle that exsists in the world? The fact the the bad guys in the struggle might just be Muslim has nothing to do with the content.

Unfortunetly the extremist Muslims (you may now spamming me hate) have dragged the whole Muslim community into the lets say "Negative Perspective" basket, and this unfortunetly is how things sit now.

I will say that the extremist groups that scare me the most are the Christain ones like the Evangelical people (yes you are extremist, also faith shouldn't cost money but thats not the point) and the ones that sing and dance around alot, going down the street telling everyone how they love jesus and how they worship him (Look up Matthew 6:5-8 before PM me some crap)

I am accually looking forward to MOH as indeed i have been interested heeps in the general setting of it. It's taking a conflict all but removed from our minds and our TV's and plonks you right in the middle of it and says "Here you go, this is whats going on in the world now you experience it".

Also lay of the white american crap... its old hat, yes some are ignorant... but hey so is the entire media system there so whatever

1. Never said that there is a link between Germans and WWII to Muslims and Religion, they are completely different but as I am really tired, the point that I was trying to get across is how people tend to hate everyone but a muslim crying for their share is rather sad and I used the whole German thing as an example that others have gone through this as well. I used Germans and WWII to show hatred toward the WHITE PEOPLE.
2. The German people WERE NOT the bad guys during the war. They were a hurted society after WWI and were so badly kicked down that they let a nut with a Methanphedimine problem lead them straight to hell. The average German was just like you or I and completely OUTSIDE of the whole "Kill the Jew" problem. To go further, they are like we are now in the United States and cared more for feeding their family and supporting their home. The war machine created jobs and the whole propaganda against the jews for hatred gave them something to focus the rage of the reparations of WWI on.

You would know this but they tend to hide information like this in books. Not a trolling comment (Whatever the hell that means.) but stating a point. For those who study history outside of school, facts like this are more understood and accepted.

3. MOH (this one might be trolling or whatever, I am not sure.) is a CONSOLE game and I am a PC gamer ONLY. Don't expect me to understand the simple plotlines of the mainstream games as the few computer games have kept me content for a few years now and I have since stopped playing the dime a dozen crap that they produce now. In other words, unless it is Team Fortress 2 or Medieval 2 Total War, odds are I don't care much and even less know the history of the game, so don't espect me to know what the hell you are talking about with the game.
---------------------

Back to your point though. As a White Adult and a Citizen of the United States, I disagreed with the war in Iraq and how certain polititians throwing tax cuts to the morons who let our jobs go overseas SO I voted against them and protested during a rally for that war. I TOOK A STAND, if only a little one. They on the other hand do NOTHING to stop as a whole the crap that is going on at their homeland but instead escape to come to a country like mine to avoid conflict. In this way, they HAVE NO RIGHT to complain about equality or racial hatrid as they truly didn't suffer for the rights by just migrating here.
------------------

All in all though, I live in Oregon so terrorism is nothing more than a sad joke. The funding that went to this bullshit conflict overseas could have helped with our national debt or provide healthcare to others but instead we are helping the very people who don't give a shit toward us. It just seems stupid.

Now as a whole, I could bitch about the unfairness of the white people and how I didn't CHOOSE this war or the conflict as a whole but lets be blunt, how the hell is bitching about that or this stupid topic worth two cents to anyone who cares. All in all, lets all stop bitching about the mistreatment of the Muslims and start working on our own problems.

Mitchell Smith:
alright.....

Yeah, but not on my end. Yes Muslim is a religion and the other is a race, but the muslim nation as well as the terrorist organization are based upon a theocracy (Ruled by religious dogma, look it up as I am too tired to quote this.) type of government. If I badmouthed the religion I am sorry, expecually how powerhappy the admins are here to ban or suspend someone but I was bashing the ideas of which the culture and societies run on.

Also, I have made mistakes while writing in this as I am just annoyed and too tired to fix every little mistake but for god's sake, could you write like an adult. The "words" of "u", "ur", and "no1" are not words and you hurt your point of view talking like that.

Mitchell Smith:

Lastly, you can't have it both ways. If you are going to sit and bitch for equality and then complain back when someone does the exact same thing toward the opposite side, then you truly are stupid. In this world, for it to be truly fair and the races equal, we should ALL be able to say ANY comment or NO ONE should be allowed to speak of offensive material. If it is not okay for someone to hate a muslim, THEN IT IS NOT OKAY TO JUST WASH OVER THE HATEFUL COMMENTS TOWARD OTHERS, like the whites and how you just did.

Saladin Ahmed is a awesome name, i think im going to name my kid saladin

The fact that this article's title presents muslims as arabs is more disturbing than any 'villian stereotype.' Partly because the stories i can think of that have an arab as the bad guy either also have an arab as the GOOD guy, or do a well enough job of separating the soldiers from the citizens in my opinion.

Sure, you never actually SEE the citizens but should you really NEED to, if you know they're separate entities?

You win with this article

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or