Rebecca Mayes Muses: Fable 2

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Fable 2

Rebecca Mayes sleeps through Fable 2.

Watch Video

Very well done. It's in my top 6 somewhere.

I enjoyed the slow build of it all, and the regression back into a "sketch" at the end.

Once again, hats off to Ms Mayes.

loved it when is the next album i want your new songs on my iPod =)

Good video not my favourite
the song was great though

I like how the lyrics are generalized and not explicitly about the game.
I must not have been the only one yearning for a more "multiple interpretation" lyrical style.

Great song, not one of your best though.

I like it, and now im even more excited for Fable 3

Um, did you like it or not I don't get it. And why does your voice sound different? It just seems a bit wierd. Also this is the first one I didn't like.

uh that was lovely and enchanting

almost expected the line to be
"today is the day...I wake up"

because then you finished the dream/game and it's all over now and on to a new day/dream/game

Fantastic song. I loved it. Great work!

voidspawn:
This game only came out 2 years ago.. way to stay relevant.

And the 3rd one is coming out in a month. What's wrong with taking a moment of reflection with the old before the new comes out?

Rebecca you rock! awesome song as usual. please never stop!

<3

So ... is today really the day?

Just kidding. Cute song, one of my favorites!

Didn't care too much for the game, particularly the ending was very anticlimactic.

ProtoChimp:
Um, did you like it or not I don't get it.

Do these songs have to be about whether she liked it or not?
I always felt that most of them were less reviews than songs about the games, their worlds, stories, messages and mistakes, as well as about (gaming) culture in general.

I liked this one, nice song and a beautiful way to present the game footage in the first part.

Avayu:

ProtoChimp:

I always felt that most of them were less reviews than songs about the games, their worlds, stories, messages and mistakes, as well as about (gaming) culture in general.

I liked this one, nice song and a beautiful way to present the game footage in the first part.

Really, because most of her past ones have been reviews.

ProtoChimp:

Avayu:

ProtoChimp:

Really, because most of her past ones have been reviews.

The review parts are better than the song part anyways.

Very mellow and chilled and uplifting. Thank you, it will put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I don't understand how you can like rooibos tea though. It tastes like socks and wee.....and I know because I have drunk both of them so I have a basis for comparison.....ummmmmm......Did I just type that out loud?:)

voidspawn:

And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?

maddawg IAJI:

voidspawn:

And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?

I seem to recall Yahtzee just did a Shadow of Colossus (PS-2) review last month. But don't mess with him - he'll gutter your knoblywockers (or whatever incomprehensible threats Brits living in Australia make.)

God I love this song.

Apparently lately people like to review some older games and I am glad Rebecca has been given more time to pursuit her life and dreams, bringing such excellent music as well.

Definitly one of my favourites of her!

Keep it up dear!

I'd Forgotten how soothing Rebecca Mayes can be.

...And that had what to do with Fable 2 exactly?

About the only relevant part of the song sounded to me was when you were singing about the evolution of the character, how he or she changes with the choices you make. 'Shedding your skin'.

I didn't really get what 'today is the day' was referencing though and it was repeated far too much for my liking. Felt like that's all the chorus consisted of and it fell really flat.

Despite my negative criticisms i realise that these videos are more of an artistic statement than anything of any academic merit, just like we all watch Yahtzee's videos for the sole reason we can see a caricature of a man slag off just about everything for completely arbitrary reasons in the name of comedy and i appreciate what you're going for here.

I would like to see some more unique songs such as your a-capella of Worms.

cefm:

maddawg IAJI:

voidspawn:

I seem to recall Yahtzee just did a Shadow of Colossus (PS-2) review last month. But don't mess with him - he'll gutter your knoblywockers (or whatever incomprehensible threats Brits living in Australia make.)

And strangely enough, I felt like that was one of the best ones he has done in a while.

Epic. Again another masterpiece =D Getting really back on form!

cefm:

maddawg IAJI:

voidspawn:

FUU
first one mentioned was april fools and the second one mentioned was something i would have thought you'd have noticed is a trend of yahtzee; when game releases slow and there's nothing new and interesting he usually reviews an old favourite

Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.

Lovin this one, certainly my new favourite! Great song and video <3

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Hmmm, nice song and video. Conjures up that wonderful excited feeling I get playing a new adventure game, when I feel like I'm just stepping into a gorgeous dream.

I'm not sure what "today is the day" means, though. I'll have to listen to this one a few times ...

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.

A lovely song. I didn't care much for the game, but I like how this invokes the visuals and choices (significant or no) from the first two games as Fable 3 looms on the horizon.

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

Um, what?

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

Um, what?

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

Um, what?

lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."

But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.

Last couple of videos were not quite too my tastes, musically I guess. This one, feels like a return to form, or rather style that I like and think works well for you.

A beautiful little song.
Bit of a weird video mind...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook