Rebecca Mayes Muses: Fable 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. And I am one of the few people who loves Fable, apparently.

Thank You Miss Mayes, I'm happy now :)

Song was once again fantastic but I'm really not sure what it had to do with Fable 2. Even in a subtle metaphoric way i'd be hard pressed to link the two. Still. Awesome song.

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.

because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."

But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.

He said he likes her. Why do you guys keep trolling him?

Nice vid.

Lovely music, I've always liked this whimsical-sophisticated-hippy style, and it's what you do best. Still, I wish the lyrics would either all rhyme or none at all - having half the song rhyme and the other not really stops it flowing.

I think I have a new favourite. This was great!

Am I the only one who was reminded of those animation sequences in Monty Python's Flying Circus when Rebecca started flying?

Wow, she certainly caught the feeling I got playing fable 2...it really was dreamlike, almost lucid in its ability to let you do all kinds of stuff and just...transition to something else.
I wish there was a ps3 version as I've long since sold my ailing 360 (got one of the early ones, paid what people paid for the later ones, and felt betrayed. Plus it crashed a lot.)

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.

because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Ok one. Facepalm. They think shes pretty. They like everyhting they do. There was no becuase there. Please just stop trolling, it's weird and stupid.

And twop, shes working on an album, which i imagine cuts into her writing, recording, fliming and editing a video every week.

TrogzTheTroll:
The review parts are better than the song part anyways.

See, I have the polar-opposite opinion. I like her lyrics better when they have that multiple interpretation. But when she's directly 'reviewing' something, I think she sounds bad. Like she's reading, not singing.

Draconalis:

maddawg IAJI:

And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?

Unskippable doesn't review games, they just make fun of bad openings. That is a difference here.

And neither does Rebecca Mayes. She just makes songs to mock the game she is talking about. Besides, what does it matter? She was doing this one because Fable 3 comes out in a few weeks. You are also aware she writes these songs and often had quite a few of them up long before she joined the Escapist.

Heck, the Resident Evil 5 one was on the internet the week she joined the site.

Blargh. Waste of time.

I liked it, will have to get the album soon to go on my iPod with Joana Newsom, Clare Bowditch, Sally Seltmann and a heap of others no one else is probably heard of mostly women on my iPod for some reason, don't know why.

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

I'm making a non-gaming album in between!

More details on blog http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_26.htm

Sweet

Great song BUT I can't say the same about the video.

Some of her other works were no only amazing but inspiring!

This one... was neither.

Her Heavy Rain video was FAR superior.

I didn't really like this one because I couldn't find any relevance to the game it was reviewing.
Then I took it as a song on its own merits and I liked it a little better, though the rhymes were a little predictable.
Loved the scene with you on the bed at the end though, made me laugh.

I liked this :D

Ryank1908:
Song was once again fantastic but I'm really not sure what it had to do with Fable 2. Even in a subtle metaphoric way i'd be hard pressed to link the two. Still. Awesome song.

Ah, good! Somebody expressed my sentiment already. I think this was a bit of a cop out - an unrelated song heavily shoe-horned into a gaming context.

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

I'm making a non-gaming album in between!

More details on blog http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_26.htm

This is good news.
I tend to like your music best when it doesn't pertain as strongly to gaming.

Nice fire CGI ^_-
I like your songs and admire that You record it all by yourself, but please consider working with someone on the mixes. I think this song could be a lot better.

Cheers from Poland

I really can't see rebecca Mayes ever turning into a descent song writter, watched most of here videos and they are the worst lyrics I've ever heard accompanied by an aweful progressional guitar piece. It sound like you've got a person who has only ever listened to the script put in room with a guitar, a typewritter and a lyricist that just happens to be a monkey who has learnt to write by picking random words out of the dictionary and makes sure every fourth word rhymes and every six lines there's a chorus where it is just one line repeated about eight times.

I hate you Fable 2

A lovely, gentle song. I like it. The simplicity of the instruments and background really gives the vocals a chance to shine.

Just lovely, good for settling down at night with a cup of Rooibos. :)

Ever thought of putting out a cd?

Senarrius:

err...

under each RMM video

---

Shouldn't be another video out already?

esperandote:

Senarrius:

err...

under each RMM video

---

Shouldn't be another video out already?

Oh snap you're right!

I usually watch them from her Facebook, never even noticed the writing here about there being one.

Bravo.

That is all.

Well I was hoping now that she was taking more time to release songs and was doing it less frequently that she would get better.

The video was great, really well done with the sketches.

But again the music was repetitive. Every song she does just repeats the same sentence over and over again for the chorus (Today is the day...today is the day).

I am okay with the songs not being reviews.
I am okay with the songs not being funny.
I am okay with the songs being interpretations of the game and how it makes her feel.

It's difficult to like her work though. She's writing songs about games, but it all seems so unfocused. Maybe if she just had a statement somewhere about what she wast trying to say or achieve with her art, we could understand what to expect from her a bit more clearly.

Even something as simple as "I write music about the way games make me FEEL"

Right now everything just seems random, rushed, and repetitive. Sorry but I won't be giving you anymore chances, as I've tried listening several times and have been disappointed each time.

I hope you find your voice eventually as I do think you are talented Ms. Mayes, but right now I don't think you've got it.

I generally like your songs but this one didn't quite hit a chord with me. Today is the day...for what? That you finished the game? That you flew high on wings of imagination? It felt like you led us on with a question that you did not answer.

And I see others did like it. I just would have liked a bit more focus. Nice video work though! It was neat to see you take flight like the sparrow.

I really enjoyed the tension between the idea of "no particular place to go" (I assume it meant from your character's perspective + the fact you were even playing a video game) and your desire to enter that dream world (i.e. the video game).

I really like it, keep it up RM!

Four years later, I come back to listen to this wonderful song.
Thank you Rebecca for gracing the Escapist with your voice.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here