Escapist News Network: Booby Prize

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

The National Tit Lobby? Isn't that just the Conservative Party?

I was not aware that PAX had an orgy o_o;

Distorted Stu:

Fanta Grape:
Does the lighting seem odd to anyone else...?

Also, I like things that are soft and nice. =D

For me, ENN is always laugh out loud but Loading Ready Run is very spasmodic, being genius one week and a mildly funny premise the next.

I know what you mean, Heather Blerd in the boobies segemnt looked liek she was CGI rendered at first.. also Kathleen's hair looked purple.. unless it is purple.

Kathleen's probably still trying to get the blue out of her hair from filming Bad News.

Spinwhiz:
So THAT is why everyone wants to go to PAX again this year!

And can we also note that while the no was assumed, she never actually said no. Not that I'm saying, I'm just saying.

The Medal of Honor controversy is a complete storm in a teacup. I think it's in poor taste (particularly when you consider EA's reasons for doing it) and I won't be playing it but otherwise I agree it really doesn't matter.

Films and books with equally misjudged plot elements are released all the time. You just pass on them and move on.

Still, this sort of thing is always defended by the insistence that the average mentally sound player doesn't confuse reality with the game; that it's all about entertainment etc. With this in mind I wouldn't mind seeing a few less shooters set in this narrow approximation of real life. Several of the century's most lauded titles in the category have us fighting unique and entirely fictional antagonists, Half-life 2, Halo, Bioshock. Interestingly those titles are also praised for their art direction and have arguably the strongest narratives amongst shooters.

Of course not everyone likes science fiction and it makes sense for military shooters to have realistic enemies but using real life stereotypes, ethnic groups and nationalities does seem simplistic and counterproductive to the pursuit of a more enlightened world. I mean maybe you played cowboys and indians when you were a kid but when you grew up you realized that it was a bit more complicated than just goodies vs. baddies. There was no harm in it but you gained maturity and perspective. Games these days are played and supposedly made for a much different demographic than 20 years ago. There is a far higher proportion of adult gamers now, many with children of their own. Yet the maturity of video game plots and antagonists wallow in an era of cowboys and indians. Would it really be so hard to take a leaf from the book of those really fun games mentioned above and craft one or two more interesting plots with unique and interesting enemies?

The gameplay and multi-player of MW2 and Battlefield: BC2 get lots of attention, yet no one ever mentions their story. Could we not keep the one while improving the other? Personally, I'd much rather play a game like Bioshock: Infinite than another (to quote Yahtzee) bland brown shooter.

Great episode! Headshot was fantastic and there wasn't a single story that didn't make me chuckle. Only thing missing was Heather having a spam breakdown about her tits and why you should pay money to see her XXXtits.

Actually, Kathleen has purple streaks in her hair. It's not funky lighting effects, just funky hair.

Man, Graham took the words out of my mouth when he talked about the controversy. Also, does anybody know where the lesbian scene was from?

CkretAznMan:
Man, Graham took the words out of my mouth when he talked about the controversy. Also, does anybody know where the lesbian scene was from?

The lesbian scene was from Dragon Age origins...
That's what I heard anyway

shirin238:

CkretAznMan:

The lesbian scene was from Dragon Age origins...
That's what I heard anyway

Wait, lesbian scene. Movie Bob just got the motivation he needed to play DA:O.

Wow, the Escapist has been showing a lot of boobs lately. First Movie Bob, then Russ now this (again). I'm not sure if I should be excited or concerned.

Great acting overall, i can't imagine how many times you guys laugh while doing this...

Awesomeforthemasses:

omega247:
I like things that are soft and nice

Don't we all?

My girlfriend is disappointed by softness :(

So I had to give my bunny Cottonball, steriods. :(

Good stuff.

I'm staying away from the publicized orgies at PAX. Just seem smart.

DanHibiki:

UBERfionn:

Serving UpSmiles:

UBERfionn:
British people I know don't care about WW2 anymore.

We care about WW1 though, look up trench foot, nasty stuff.

That's because WW1, more so then most wars, was a stupid war fought for no real reason while still killing so many people.
It was the first of the modern wars. Still just as civilized as ever though.

on that note:
everything I know about WW1 I learned from Blackadder:

You just made my whole life. I didn't know anyone but me remembered Blackadder. I had every season on vhs, and I used to watch them 3 or 4 a day for weeks on end. I need to duxt off the old VHS machine and watch them again!

Quiet Stranger:
Is this thing about Paul Allen true at all?

It is 100% true.
What the hell, right?

Props to Ash XD

We need more hard-hitting coverage about boobs more often.

"Which is fantasy, so calm down."

This episode was hilarious! Bazinga's! MUST INCREASE COVERAGE OF BOOBS!

Half of us got here for the wrong reasons.

Excellent as always. Love the Headshot. Love the Purple Highlights.

I was thinking of ways I can thank you for telling people off with that Taliban thing when Shoulder boulders came up and I loled :D

Great episode. I especially approve of Graham's idea.

And did Kathleen have purple highlights?

omega247:
I like things that are soft and nice

Me too. Me too.

Speaking of boobs, how many takes must it have taken to not get laughter in those clips?

I like the Headshot segment this week.

Soft and nice and jellied weight.
Boobs..gotta love them.

Also, the discussion at the end was BRILLIANT "could've just said no,..."

Ah... ahahaha, ahh... I don't want to think about a nerd orgy after PAX. That isn't to say there aren't plenty of nerds that are attractive and/or skilled in the ways of pleasure, but this is probably a small hotel room we're talking about. It would get fairly awkward, and if you ran out of too much space, all the interesting sex acts get ruled out!

Standing ovation for Mr Stark!

Also, laughed quite a lot at the boobie report

All I heard was "the Tit-lobby...uncovered," and it made me giggle like an immature school boy.

The lighting might look a little different: we used a different camera to shoot this episode. It was a bit of an experiment, so we might keep doing it, we might not.

On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.

BOOBS!

Like 'em, LOVE 'em, WANT MORE OF 'EM!!!!!!!

UBERfionn:

Serving UpSmiles:

UBERfionn:
British people I know don't care about WW2 anymore.

We care about WW1 though, look up trench foot, nasty stuff.

That's because WW1, more so then most wars, was a stupid war fought for no real reason while still killing so many people.
It was the first of the modern wars. Still just as civilized as ever though.

Like most modern wars, WW1 was mostly to do with oil and power. The thing with Archduke Ferdinand was a pretext.

Is this Paul Allen stuff for real ?

GrahamS:

Quiet Stranger:
Is this thing about Paul Allen true at all?

It is 100% true.
What the hell, right?

He lost my basketball team, and now he lost my respect.
Paul Allen please stop disgracing Seattle...

oktalist:
On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.

He's the 37th richest man on earth and he co-founded Microsoft. He is Bill Gates's number 2.

wooty:
The National Tit Lobby? Isn't that just the Conservative Party?

BA DUM TISH!! nice!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or