Escapist News Network: Booby Prize

Pages PREV 1 2 3

And you know what else really grinds my gears?
haha

Completely forgot about "This Is Vegas" till this episode. Great episode.

What is lesbian scene from?

This whole episode had me giggling like an immature boy. Well done.

*wipes a tear* I too believe in that world, Graham. And another great listing of euphemisms and slang for something we all love. *raises mug* As a sophisticated man once said, "Here's to the tittehs!". *drinks*

EDIT: Oh, and for the greatest slow motion event that has ever happened...

I was very distracted by the slightly blue hue of Kathleen's hair, since it seemed to be reflecting the post production.

oktalist:
On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.

Why do you say that?

Patent trolls just gamble with a risky loophole in an otherwise sound system (which has stayed fundamentally the same since the 18th century).

Tharwen:

oktalist:
On patent trolls...

O noes, some guy I've never heard of is suing Apple, Google, Facebook, AOL, eBay, Netflix and Yahoo for patent infringement. You do know that those very same companies are constantly suing private individuals for infringing their own frivolous patent mountains, right? The whole patent system is a joke, and has been for some time.

Why do you say that?

Patent trolls just gamble with a risky loophole in an otherwise sound system (which has stayed fundamentally the same since the 18th century).

Patents can be applied to something which did not exist in the 18th century: software. All you have to do is confuse the technologically illiterate patent officers with complicated wording and you can get a patent for anything, regardless of how obvious it is. And when, twenty years after it's filed, the patent lapses, society gains nothing, unlike patents for proper inventions where the designs fall into the public domain, that being the trade-off made when one chooses to file for a patent; the designs associated with software patents are not substantial enough to be worth anything to an engineer wanting to implement a system similar to the one described.

Please allow me to direct you to a post of mine in an earlier thread, and the post below it. (With the obligatory reminder not to go reviving weeks-old threads without good reason.)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.223303.7513844

Kathleen, your hair looks awesome with the purple!!

Chest barnacles?...

Another win for The Headshot.

At first I felt like I disagreed with your comment during "headshot" that this is just like other games and isn't that big of an issue. I tried to imagine my self playing as a member of the Taliban attacking U.S. troops and it just feels kind of wrong to me. Then I realized that I get a similar felling playing any FPS's based on actual historical events no matter who you are playing as, so I think that I actually do agree with you.

Whether your killing British soldiers as Germans, killing Germans as the U.S. or British, killing lots of Russians as the U.S. and vise-versa, killing both generic and actual middle easterners as the U.S., and being able to play as actual middle easterners killing U.S. soldiers, they are all similar enough, and I don't particularly care for any of them. Give me some big nasty aliens to blow to peaces and I am fine, but leave the real people out of it.

BRAVO!
The hair and the beard look much better.
Probably a coincidence, but I feel this place listens to the little guy.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this tits-centric game yet. Possibly nsfw, depending on where you work.

somehow, all i could notice was that the one guy talking to the girl about boobs, not had his collar properly tucked..

Also, i expected to at least see some proper cleavage in this video.. So i am somewhat dissapointed.. At least until i saw this..

Digikid:
Something soft and smooth eh? How about these?

:D

That made up for it!

Great as always.

The middle section on ethics regarding playing various different sides and portraying ethnicities / nations was important and well said, and still managed to be entertaining.

Cheers.

Nicely done it was better than the most

Great rant on the "Taliban Scandal."

But I think the big thing here is that they're doing this to get controversy similar to the "No Russian" deal. MW2 was hugely controversial, so the "competition" has to keep up with the Joneses. They're hoping something shocking will mean sales.

Of course, the answer's the same either way: Get over it.

Digikid:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BEHOLD OUR NEW GOD

DIGIKID

ProtoChimp:

Digikid:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BEHOLD OUR NEW GOD

DIGIKID

LOL!!!! Thank you thank you.

Um...for some reason this episode starting out felt like you had the camera aimed at one of your monitors while it played the episode. I don't know why, there was just something weird at the start.

Still, great episode. Yay, got to see Morgan in LRR and Ash in ENN. Always good to see some people we don't see all that often anymore. Also, yay for Scott Pilgrim references! I saw that on monday, that was an AWESOME movie! It got me into the books and the game! (which are also awesome)

Spinwhiz:
So THAT is why everyone wants to go to PAX again this year!

But if they stopped taking applications from single men, what's the point in me going. Oh, right. The games. :P

Awesome episode. Love The Headshot this week.

EDIT:

ColdStorage:

Arachon:

Spinwhiz:
So THAT is why everyone wants to go to PAX again this year!

I never heard what she said... PAX what?

Its a reference to a craiglisting which detailed an orgy happening after PAX "for like minded nerds"
http://kotaku.com/5623563/the-pax-nerd-orgy-needs-women

ermm, call me.

Interesting article. However, something from Motto of the Moment comes to mind:

"Sure an orgy is great, but it just multiplies the number of people you can't look in the eye afterwards."

EDIT 2:

The Random One:
I was very distracted by the slightly blue hue of Kathleen's hair, since it seemed to be reflecting the post production.

theshadowcult:
Kathleen, your hair looks awesome with the purple!!

You guys noticed it too? I though my monitor was playing tricks on me (just got a new one, so it might have been).

lol good dialogue on this episode

What the heck happened to the lighting guys? Graham and Kathleen look like they came out of a Twilight set that's taken 5 to grab another bucket of glitter...

Anyway good one this week, I dream of the same world as Graham :(

Medal of Honor...

just don't play the multiplayer

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook