Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Ok I will admit that this is one of the funnyest reviews hes done. I voted for painkiller because
a) it exists as a game, and
b) it has the greatest quote by anyone ever

I watched this one last night heh

You know what my favorite Review was? Yahtzee's review of STARCRAFT 2!

HAHA im just kidding, he didnt do it yet.

so... seriously, when are you reviewing Starcraft 2?

I don't see the point in re-releasing a video that's only a few pages back, Although this is his most creative video.

This had to win - Duke Nuken Forever has ascended beyond mere vapor-ware into the realm of memes (much like a certain illusory confection that will remain unnamed in a ZP thread); a review of such a phenomenon is a critique of our culture rather than any single game or genre (or something profound like that. Who cares?)

HOORAY! I loved that game too. I mean, when I installed it, I thought to myself, "By gob, what was I thinking, buying a game that shows about as much respect for women as a 7 year old does for bubble gum under their chair?!" Then it hit me. As I was mixing the Chef Souffle on the martian city with the aliens, and repeatedly tapping L1 and R1 to keep in tune with the song Duke was humming, I realized what a profound experience the game was really giving me. And when Dukes Mom popped out of the cake topless to shoot the pig-cop that was sneaking up on Duke, I lept out of my chair applauding.

I'm pleased to see that this game reached Viewers Choice, because of any game ever made, Duke deserves it! ;)

Never liked this review. Halo Wars was best but that one went early on. So anyway is this week's installment then or is that later? Because this is lazy otherwise because some decent games came out this week. (Mafia 2 and Kane and Lynch 2)

TheEnglishman:

Mikeyfell:
yay...... I mean I voted against Duke Nukem in every round but still.....yay
i was glad to be part of the democratic process
I learned an important lesson; your vote only counts if you side with the astoundingly thick majority.

Not that your bitter about your defeat or anything.

no, no, no, of course not what gave you that impression, or could you hear the sarcasm through the computer....

I'm just glad this nonsense is over now: no mindless quoting of all the funny bits until they aren't funny anymore (just cause jokes for example), people voting for the game instead of the review, and people whining about people voting for the game instead of the review.

Best review ever turns out to be the one of the best game ever.

...seriously?

THIS was the top choice? Oh dear oh dear. I'm surprised at you, Escapists.

KreacherOfbloodandRank:

so... seriously, when are you reviewing Starcraft 2?

He's already said he won't be doing it as he loathes RTS's.

SalamanderJoe:
Never liked this review. Halo Wars was best but that one went early on. So anyway is this week's installment then or is that later? Because this is lazy otherwise because some decent games came out this week. (Mafia 2 and Kane and Lynch 2)

He's on holiday as he said last week...

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Well, no. His best review is actually Darksiders but still...

This one's not that funny.

Uhhh....Fail???

The_root_of_all_evil:

SalamanderJoe:

He's on holiday as he said last week...

Oh right. Did he mention that in Extra Punctuation? I forgot to read it last week.

Can't wait to see his reaction to the outcome. Personally I was hoping for Just Cause 2 and "Rico Rodriquez Warlock Master of Time and Space" but at least it got up there to the finals.

dfcrackhead:
Best part for me is, the fact that THIS won and at the end of it he says "Lets all forget about this fucking game forever"

I was going to comment on this too. Oh the irony...

What's everyone's problem? It's not like ZP's premise ever was to review games with serious manner rather than to entertain us with snarky monologues.

This was the best review of all time. Far better than the "shurikens and lightning" bit of Painkiller (which was the only thing going for that particular review). I'm glad to see such an epic review of such an epic game take its rightful place.

Always count on Duke! Even though I voted for Painkiller :P

...didn't he do this already? :sigh:

This was one of his reviews I enjoyed the most, glad it won.

dfcrackhead:
Best part for me is, the fact that THIS won and at the end of it he says "Lets all forget about this fucking game forever"

Ya, that was my same thought.

FAK! i forgot hes on vacation! i was waiting for this all week! >.< dam it all

shit. i was rooting for the shirukens and lightning.

Well, it's nice to see Duke Nukem again.

This game is pretty sweet.

I would have just preferred a new video as opposed to having an older one that I can clearly find with just 3 clicks of a mouse button whenever I want.

That's like saying "this week no brand new video but, the favourite forum post about one off the old random videos you probably watched at least 2 times before getting bored of it"

And to think there was a vote for it too? ummm so how many people ACTUALLY went back an watched the video they voted for BEFORE it even got posted thus defeating the point

I'm not trying to complain..oh wait yes I am. This is hardly a unique concept. I mean having a Top 5 video votes page would completely beat this system hands down and we'd get a new ZP video as well! This could have been answered in forum.

What's happened has Yahtzee got Hitchens Cancer or is he just on holiday?

Oh well I guess the cretins and street urchins are easily pleased by the slightest new idea.

Let the retard FLAMAGE COMMENCE!!!

^obvious troll is obvious

So how close was it? Us Painkiller voters want to know.

So, speaking as one who didn't register to participate in this, where are IS the chart showing how many votes everything got and the elimination brackets? I want to see how well the one I would have voted for did.

Best. . . .Review. . . . Yet! Loved it literally LOL

nah not trolling. Just didn't realise he was on holiday.

It's a pretty daft idea though.

Apparently 'filler' is deemed ok. couldn't we have got someone to fill in for him. at least that would have been entertainment. Watching the fish out of water fail miserably in trying to mimic him.

Yey! I would be so proud if Mogworld was in my bookshelf!

Jedi Sasquatch:
Honestly, did anybody not see this coming?

I personally still enjoyed the Painkiller review more, but that's just me. On top of that, it was interesting to see him not totally hate a game. Especially a bargain bin one.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was a tad sarcastic...

Yeah, this one was really great, but it probably should have been exempt from the contestthing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here