Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

This review won the viewers choice?

TAHTS
TARGIC

Please consider that a good percentage of his reviews were not in the competition at all. My personal favorite, the Prince of Persia Retrospective was never in the competition.

So, of the ones available, Duke Nukem was the favorite. Of the ones available.

I was expecting Mailbag Showdown or Halo Wars.

It's a decent video regardless.

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I voted for Halo Wars, that was much better. Really funny AND a decent review to boot.

I wish there was a little more than just the original video.

I am a fan of glorious irony.

Cpt_Oblivious:

Ironic isn't it? Yet it's strangely fitting.

Shurikens and lightening :(

A hugely creative and entertaining review in my opinion, havn't seen anything like it, but undoubtably some reply reviews by people attempting to be amusing by leeching off someone elses creativity have been created, so I doubt it's the last.

Because this is so hilarious I'd love to see more "made up" reviews of vaporware, but Duke Nukem was such a special case means that any others would probably fall short of this video, not because of Yahtzee's skill but more do to with the source material.

Cpt_Oblivious:

I'd like to welcome you to The Escapist.

Brava. good show old boy, enjoyed every second of it!

Who really did not see this coming? Shame on you!

..Though for the first half of that review, I was so fucking confused. And then the world stopped orbiting the wrong way and Yahtzee was his normal, jaded self again.. Phew.

I'm glad the finals were my two fave reviews - Duke n Painkiller XD
YOU CAN ALWAYS BET ON DUKE GUYZ.

This review was definitely my favourite. Less constraints from having to work with a real game, meant for more of the comedy I watch Zero Punctuation for.

Cpt_Oblivious:

In a wierd way, it makes perfect sense.

ColdStorage:

Cpt_Oblivious:

I'd like to welcome you to The Escapist.

Umm... Hi.
Nice place ya got here.

Most likely on holiday (well needed... probaly (Spelled wrong, I know)) or it is a very slow news week....

David_G:
You know what would be funny? If all the posters that posted before 6:05 got banned like in the other Zero Punctuation videos comment section.

It would, I'd also accept it as reasonable punishment for being first to post on a Zero Punctuation video.

I think its remarkable, that the winner is the rewiew that actually doens't have a subject, meaning that the game isn't released and it is actually more a comment on a phenomenon in the gaming-scene. On the other hand the second place is a review of a game that Yathzee liked and picked himself for this reason. Also quite remarkable.

this game was the shit, i played it for like a week straigt when it came out, its so challenging but in a good way

Bah. Mailbag showdown was funnier. Nothing better then Yahtzee bitching at his haters.

Not by any means the best he's done... Escapists have dissapointed again.

"full body interface" "move his legs with the shouder buttons"?
he said in RD:R that he didnt like pressing buttons to run
bit of schizophrenia there

Cpt_Oblivious:

Well, maybe because more people care about Yahtzee's humour than his opinions on games. Can't say I blame them, I find him blatantly wrong very often when he gives an honest opinion.

So... I voted for this, does that mean I won?

This is a great episode, I dance while I watch.

This is definitely my favorite episode of all time and I just find it so funny that the one game review on a game that doesn't even exist, cause it's possibly the biggest bust in videogame history, won the viewer's choice award. <3 Sweet irony.

Cpt_Oblivious:

Yeah, but it's a video Yahtzee did of a game that doens't even exist... So in a sad way, it kinda does make sense... The world tends to get turned around a bit when yahtzee's involved. Atlease I feel that way when I watch his videos

canadamus_prime:
So... I voted for this, does that mean I won?

Not really... If you entered in the contest, you have one chance of winning for each vote you placed. They just wanted to see what our favourite episode was. THe only problem was that they didn't choose ALL the episodes, so if they had, the outcome might have been different

Wolfram01:
Not by any means the best he's done... Escapists have dissapointed again.

Yeah, but as I said, if the initial pairing were different during the first round, or if different videos were selected, this might not be the winner. Looknig at the comments on the voting, alot of people were voting for pain killer because of the game. (Shuriken firing guns and lightning) and not the reviews, so some of his better reviews were probably ditched because people prefered the game (or the idea of a non existant game winning in Nukem's case)

When the voting started I was hoping for the Oblivion review to win. Even though that one went out the window a while back, the Duke Nukem review is also a great winner in my opinion.

As excellent as Duke Nukem Forever's episode was (a game that doesn't exist...indeed) I'm still partial to his Fable 2 review. Hilarious jibes and an excellent deconstruction of the gameplay (or lack thereof).

Mostly because this was back in the days when he did actual reviews instead of just going on some diatribe against his arbitrary topic of the week and then sticky-taping something that resembles a review on top of it.

My favourite video was actually the 2009 awards one but I don't recall it being a choice. Oh well; this one was pretty funny too. I love how pretty much the entire 'review' is basically just Mr. Croshaw in full-on sarcasm mode.

MattKirby:

bor3ds0ul:
Wait, so there's no new ZP this week? Wait, he's on holiday. Right

That's exactly what I was thinking, this whole tournament was just so he wouldn't have to work this week... damnit.

i thought that was the case a few days ago. i was hoping Painkiller would win. my favorite review (Army of Two) wasn't even in it :(

DNF is still a great 'review'

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or