Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Duke Nukem

Landing soon...

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

Yahtzee:
Going on holiday for a week. Do not try to find me, life.

Main Entry: vacation
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: planned time spent not working
Synonyms: R and R, break, breathing space, day of rest, few days off, fiesta, furlough, holiday, intermission, layoff, leave, leave of absence, liberty, long weekend, recess, recreation, respite, rest, sabbatical, spell, time off, two weeks with pay
Antonyms: work

English from England > Warped English from anywhere else

Vacation derives from French.
Which probably means it was introduced by the Normans.
Which means that it IS from England you goof.

what a pointless discussion.. vacation is a synonym for holiday... and holiday is a synonym for vacation..

The difference:
Holiday: celebratory day; time off
Vacation: planned time spent not working

And Stubee you a wrong to correct him in this, since you are saying the same thing.
I might argue that he's not on holiday or vacation and thats he's on leave, thats he's on recreation, have the week off... the list goes on and on.

I think this vid + the fact that the game actually got made proves Yahtzee has prophetic visions weather or not he saw the visions correctly is another matter.

Imper1um:
I seriously thought shurikens and lightning was going to win. :P

I honestly did too xD
I loved the Painkiller review

Well... shit.

looking forward to the sequel

I loved the review of the fake Duke Nukem Forever. Now we shall see if he will review the real Duke Nukem Forever. And if the game really goes from fighting terrorists in a military complex to cooking for an alien wedding seamlessly.

If it did...that would be EPIC WIN.

At the very least, the nomenclature would be interesting...

The froods at Gearbox might be hoopy enough to include everything mentioned in the ZP review as an easter egg/bonus level or something.

Either way, greatly looking forward to the eventual real review.

(edit: Yahtzee knows, despite being on holiday)

lol duke nukem fail XD

Gentlemen....

BEHOLD. http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/72113764

This is it.

THIRTEEN YEARS.

I wonder which review will be better. This or the real game's review... hmmm...

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Blackadder51:
Oh god...

A review of the game that doesn't exist won.

wrecker77:
But it doesn't exist? Ah well I thought it was funny.

Fun though: Duke Nukem Forever made it at PAX and the new release date is 2011. Put yourself in Yahtzee's shoe and tell me what would you do when the game come out... in Australia

qDreams:

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

Yahtzee:
Going on holiday for a week. Do not try to find me, life.

Main Entry: vacation
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: planned time spent not working
Synonyms: R and R, break, breathing space, day of rest, few days off, fiesta, furlough, holiday, intermission, layoff, leave, leave of absence, liberty, long weekend, recess, recreation, respite, rest, sabbatical, spell, time off, two weeks with pay
Antonyms: work

English from England > Warped English from anywhere else

Vacation derives from French.
Which probably means it was introduced by the Normans.
Which means that it IS from England you goof.

what a pointless discussion.. vacation is a synonym for holiday... and holiday is a synonym for vacation..

The difference:
Holiday: celebratory day; time off
Vacation: planned time spent not working

And Stubee you a wrong to correct him in this, since you are saying the same thing.
I might argue that he's not on holiday or vacation and thats he's on leave, thats he's on recreation, have the week off... the list goes on and on.

He's gonna Celebrate his time off... Now, it all make sense and the world can keep on turning

really funny that the game is coming out now ahaha

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

The votes have been counted and Zero Punctuation's review of Duke Nukem Forever was chosen as your Viewer's Choice.

Watch Video

Hey Yahtzee,
I love your show, but I was just wondering;
Did you know thy're actually coming out with it for real, apparently?
There's a lot of demos of Duke Nukem: Forever being played at PAX this weekend, and it looks really good.
Of course, being a Jaded Realist myself, I'll believe it when it's sitting like a Teacup Poodle in my hands, smiling inanely and preparing to wee on me.

anyways, just thought you should know, in case you don't already.

A Person:
Gentlemen....

BEHOLD. http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/72113764

This is it.

THIRTEEN YEARS.

Wow it is stickied and everything. I hope the game does not turn out to be a half completed wreck. All the time that went into it something good has to come out of it.

you know what would be funny, if, after all the **** they really released DN:F in say, the next 6 months. just like BAM it's all done. really. no more BS just here's the game.
oh wait...............

Of course the ABSOLUTE irony of this is the announcement that the game IS finished, and will ship early next year...this announcement coming, of course, two days after this review is chosen as the viewer favorite.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103223-Gearbox-Made-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Confirmed-at-PAX

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/duke-nukem-forever/1118227p1.html

The irony here is that Take Two entertainment the same week announced that they are publishing Duke Nukem Forever and that Gearbox is developing it. They displayed it on PAX. So it looks like he will have to make another review of it. Though I hope the developers have taken a couple of pointers from his review and made the game so big that it comes out on 14 DVDs. ;P

Hey does anyone find it slightly hilarious that in the week after this has won the viewers choice award, 2K and Gearbox Software have announced Duke Nukem Forever at PAX?

Oh the Irony!

LockandKey:
I think this vid + the fact that the game actually got made proves Yahtzee has prophetic visions weather or not he saw the visions correctly is another matter.

Actually, it's showing he's 100% wrong.

For instance, he claims that they would rework Duke in a parodic or satiric way.

Nope. Duke is Duke. It's like Duke Nukem 3D came out last year. There's no reworking, no sense of irony.

Worst for Ben... DNF is the most popular game at PAX, with 3 hour wait lines according to Derek Nolan of 2old2play. It's looking extremely good.

Imagine if Ben had mocked Half-Life during its long 7 year dev cycle. He'd look kind of stupid when Half-Life was released, no?

This is the danger of making predictions of failure - you look like an idiot if the subject you're attacking is good.

talk about perfect timeing, we just elected thsi vdioe of makign fun of this game, and the secual is finally announced/revealed! lol

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/surprise-duke-nukem-forever-uncanceled-playable-at-pax/1409763

PAX 2010: Duke Nukem Forever has a booth in the Expo hall. With a new trailer. And two levels of game-play. And free T-Shirts. And bottles of "steroid" mints.

... May be jumping the gun a bit here, but either this is the greatest (cruelest) video game hoax of our time, or this is a thing that is actually *finally* happening.

Also, at PAX, I got John St.John's autograph. That happened. AWESOME.

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

QFT.

...Why am I logged in?

This is the best review i have ever seen.

I wonder if Amazon preorders will still be honoured after close to a decade and a half?

orangeapples:
I wonder which review will be better. This or the real game's review... hmmm...

The Fake on I think.

mikamala:
PAX 2010: Duke Nukem Forever has a booth in the Expo hall. With a new trailer. And two levels of game-play. And free T-Shirts. And bottles of "steroid" mints.

... May be jumping the gun a bit here, but either this is the greatest (cruelest) video game hoax of our time, or this is a thing that is actually *finally* happening.

Also, at PAX, I got John St.John's autograph. That happened. AWESOME.

Nah, it's called the universe likes being an ironic douchebag. How else would you describe Yahtzee's satirical pseudo review of a game that never came out getting voted the best ZP on the same weekend that the real DNF was unveiled at PAX?

Either that, or someone corrected the timeline so it's getting released again. Maybe Yahtzee did it; he is on "holiday."

It's pretty disturbing how many people in this thread actually think Duke Nukem Forever is going to adhere to something so trivial as a release date.

I predict that before Duke goes beta there'll be some insignificant advancement in the field of gimmicky 3D effects, which will prompt a re-re-development of the port of the unreleased DNF so that they can upgrade the product and rename it Duke Nuke Forever 3D. And we will have come full circle.

If Yahtzee doesn't review the real DNF, I won't know what to think. That said, I voted Painkiller for best review, even thought I tried it out on Zp's recommendation and thought that "it blew goats"

I can only imagine Yahtzee's reaction to Duke Nukem's actual release. Yet for some reason, I can vaguely hear an 'I told ya so' off in the distance.

The one that wins is a game that does not exist.
A DAY LATER,THE GAME IS ANNOUNCED.
HOLY SHIT YAHTZEE JUST SPARKED DUKE NUKEM FOREVER.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here