PAX 2010: Hands On Epic Mickey

PAX 2010: Hands On Epic Mickey

Epic Mickey may be the product of high-minded game design ideals, but that doesn't keep it from being a really fun time.

Read Full Article

Damn Nintendo making one of the first seemingly orginal ideas (Which is ironic considering how long Mickey mouse has been around for) a Wii exclusive.

This game needs to be out on either PC or 360 so I am free to enjoy it God-dammit!

warren spector is pretty much the god of game design, as long as you don't acknowledge the abortion that was deus ex 2.

but when being asked either to grab a treasure or save a helpless gremlin - more specifically, to prevent him from being flung a country mile by a catapult - is anyone really going to pick the loot? Really?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only gamer I know who would save the gremlin. All of my friends and acquaintances would be talking about how funny the gremlin looks when he flies.

The Random One:

but when being asked either to grab a treasure or save a helpless gremlin - more specifically, to prevent him from being flung a country mile by a catapult - is anyone really going to pick the loot? Really?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only gamer I know who would save the gremlin. All of my friends and acquaintances would be talking about how funny the gremlin looks when he flies.

Honestly, I get the feeling Susan underestimates the ability of human beings to be assholes. :P That said, I would save the gremlin as well, since I tend to have morality issues even in games.

WINDOWCLEAN2:
This game needs to be out on either PC or 360 so I am free to enjoy it God-dammit!

If it ever does get ported to the PC, I just hope that they will release a retail version just like with the Wii. I wouldn't want to see this as a digital distribution only title.

The games concept obviously had the Wii in mind so I am unsurprised it is being released there first. Wii's are cheap (Relative to a new 360, PS3 or PC) if you are a huge Disney fan I can see them buying it just to play this game. Something I don't think was lost on Nintendo with making it an exclusive. (For now- not sure if this is an exclusive forever situation)

I did not play it at PAX but I did see it being played. I can back Susan up on how nice this game looks. It might be the best looking game ever on the Wii. It is amazing what they got out of that little system. The game play looked solid to. I know we are getting it as my Wife is a huge Disney fan but it is nice to see we will be getting a game I will have fun playing to.

Can't wait, this'll be one of the best things Disney's put out in years. (Not exaggerating)

Of course I'll save Tim the Gremlin. He's my son! Good job, Tim! Can't wait to play the game!

You had better be able to make multiple save files from the pause menu. I have the feeling that I'm going to need them with this game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here