LoadingReadyRun: Gary

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I dun get it.

StriderShinryu:

Ragnarok2kx:
I for one am totally in favor of Blizzard actually making Rock & Roll Racing 2. A XBLA/PSN title maybe? And while I'm dreaming, a Lost Vikings sequel would be nice too.

Hell yeah, Rock & Roll Racing 2 would be great.. as long as it had options for not only full versions of the classic rock songs but also wonky midi versions like in the original. :)

It already exists. But most people know it as Red Asphalt. (and it's totally awesome)

AnneSQF:
That puppy figurine. It keeps following me. When ever I close my eyes, it's there, starring.

Oh yes. It's back. Creepy Dog Figurine is watching you watch Loading Ready Run!

(EDIT: I didn't notice it the first time. I looked for it after you mentioned the figurine. Looks cute once you get used to it.)

So you know, that figurine's been around some time before "The Arms Race" (cH - Nerf). For example, it appeared about two years ago, in "Easy-Bake Spore":

pigmy wurm:
Paul is very good at that crazed/worried running gave me good memories of emergency situation (Which took me forever to remember the name of)

Wow... yea, now I remember the name of that game... MUST RE-FORGET!!

Very nice video, loved how the fast music changed in the elevator.

Rock & Roll Racing, one of the first games I played, good old times.

Rock n' Roll Racing reference was awesome.

Damn that is a great game.

another brilliant video I've had days like that before

I was not aware we went to the same school, let alone study in the same building.

I think my mind just exploded.

was this guy cryogenised for the past 11 years or what???
good work, Paul :P

Whispering Death:
Nah, it's cool dude. Just demo the stuff for Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans.

Man, i wish they made those games. Then again...

http://paladinillumination.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/deathwing2.jpg

(Actual Screenshot from the game. Yes, Deathwing with a hookah pipe.)

AnneSQF:
That puppy figurine. It keeps following me. When ever I close my eyes, it's there, starring.

i noticed that as well it is so creepy
it's eyes keep pearing into my soul!

Best LRR so far.

P.S. Paul is awesome.

That explains why battle.net for warcraft 3 got overrun by robots.

DAMMIT PAUL, GO BACK TO THE TUBES.

Glad to see the episode is up! I was about to say, no LRR on my Birthday would make me a sad panda. :(

But! It was just fashionably late! Good episode as always!

Despite Paul's ability to carry an episode, I still feel like there must be some joke hiding underneath all of this that didn't come across.
Or maybe viewing them earlier in the day makes them funnier.

I saw this on Friday at the LoadingReadyRun panel at PAX. They also showed advance screenings of Unskippable and ENN. I'm surprised they film ENN on Fridays, but apparently they do that. Anyway the audience laughed a lot. Graham mentioned at the end that the very last bit of the video was tossed in when they realized that Blizzard actually didn't have a place at PAX this year.

bawkbawkboo1:
Graham mentioned at the end that the very last bit of the video was tossed in when they realized that Blizzard actually didn't have a place at PAX this year.

Which is weird since the Expo Hall list has been up for over a month and Blizz not being at PAX10 was pretty big news EVERYWHERE.

I hope he won't be too upset when he finds out that Project Ghost has been canceled.

Also, is LLR's website broken for anyone else?

Best episode in quite some time!
I loved the stinger xD

dancinginfernal:
What did Paul say he thought WoW stood for?
All I understood was Whodunit, and that was enough to send me into hysterics.

He thought it was the "Weekly Ornithological Whodunit", and that was my favorite line, it's just so wacky! XD
Great episode, guys! I loved the nervous running, and how Gary was so completely out of the loop, it was hilarious! I agree with my fellow posters, no one tell him about "Duke Nukem Forever"!! And what was that game still in development, "Rock & Roll Racing 2: Kerrigan's Kart Caper"? Oh my goodness that sounds horrible! XD
"Maybe we should just *not* exhibit at PAX this year." "Yeah, it's probably for the best." *chuckles*

Are they using a DSLR to shoot now? The video quality is amazing

Ragnarok2kx:
I for one am totally in favor of Blizzard actually making Rock & Roll Racing 2. A XBLA/PSN title maybe? And while I'm dreaming, a Lost Vikings sequel would be nice too.

they made a rock and roll racing 2, its called rock and roll racing 2, it was for the ps1 so maybe it will be released on the ps3, they do have a few "original" titles.

There a huge holes in this sketch. Yet it is still hilarious.

Actually I would kinda want a sequel of The Lost Vikings. Now just imagine they've been working on it for 18 years in secret. When they announce it it will be THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Nice work guys, but... where are we on Starcraft: Ghost?

TheNamlessGuy:
Aw, damn it, I thought it was a Fallout 3 thing.

Me to, I was slightly disappointed.

Still fantastic though!

Wolf Devastator:

pigmy wurm:
Paul is very good at that crazed/worried running gave me good memories of emergency situation (Which took me forever to remember the name of)

Wow... yea, now I remember the name of that game... MUST RE-FORGET!!

Game? I was talking about their video Emergency Situation

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/344/Emergency-Situation

dfcrackhead:
Umm...Huh?

Maybe it's because I didn't go to PAX and therefore didn't bother paying attention to anything about it, but that video went right over my head...

It may not have been the joke they were going for, but in a large company, it's entirely possible for some support personnel to work themselves into a niche where they fall out of the information loop unless they make an active effort not to. Likewise, nobody really knows what they're doing as long as nothing that they are responsible for breaks.

dfcrackhead:
I spent most of it trying to place the music from when Paul is running...Can't remember where thats from

They have a guy (Bradley Rains) who does most (all?) of the music in their videos.

pfloriani:

dfcrackhead:
Umm...Huh?

Maybe it's because I didn't go to PAX and therefore didn't bother paying attention to anything about it, but that video went right over my head...

It may not have been the joke they were going for, but in a large company, it's entirely possible for some support personnel to work themselves into a niche where they fall out of the information loop unless they make an active effort not to. Likewise, nobody really knows what they're doing as long as nothing that they are responsible for breaks.

dfcrackhead:
I spent most of it trying to place the music from when Paul is running...Can't remember where thats from

They have a guy (Bradley Rains) who does most (all?) of the music in their videos.

I know about Bradley Rains, he's even been in a couple LRRcasts, but I know they've used that music before and I can't remember where

dfcrackhead:

pfloriani:

dfcrackhead:

I know about Bradley Rains, he's even been in a couple LRRcasts, but I know they've used that music before and I can't remember where

My apologies for the misunderstanding. He mentioned on his twitter that it was from (ironically enough) Twitter Abuse.

BlueInkAlchemist:
Nice work guys, but... where are we on Starcraft: Ghost?

I really wish they'd made that.. pity.

Hideously, hilariously on the money (and a right tickle to boot). And that's from someone who was never really into Diablo, Starcraft or WoW.

Blue-State:
Gary must be running on a dial-up connection! :P
Wait till he finds out about Duke Nukem Forever. His head will explode!

Too true.

It seems most either think this episode was fantastic or didn't get it at all, and I'm sadly in the "didn't get it at all" camp.
Paul's always great, the acting was good, the editing was good ... it was pretty funny but I feel there is something very important I just don't get.
I do keep somewhat up to date on what Blizzard does (never played nor intend to play WOW though) ... and I don't know, did they announce they're doing something that's been taking a lot of time? I assume the video is a parody of something, but I really must have missed the news story. Is it about DNF without ever mentioning it? The timeframe would match up slightly if so, since StarCraft was released in 1997, and that's when DNF started development.
As someone else said, why did Gary know about PAX when he obviously hadn't been informed about anything since around 1997?

Is it about slow inkjet printers? Considering how slow my Deskjet 690C is, I guess a 1997 Deskjet given the task to print a high res StarCraft poster could take about 13 years to finish, if the ink cartridge hasn't dried up by then.

Wow, Gary needs to get with the times, lol. I can see this character being a good character to pop up later on in a sketch down the road. Even if he's just mentioned in passing. Pretty good sketch, I wasn't too sure what the joke was but it was still pretty funny just seeing a guy so far behind the times.

I like how it's never explained why he has no knowledge of the past decade or so.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here