Game Dogs: Game Makes You

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Damn short episode.

These are getting worse... Seriously. What was up with the russians? You honestly think all russians wear boots and fur hats and coats, even when they have left the cold russian north and become rich business men working in a air conditioned building in America. C'mon. How would you feel if that all the American characters had to be eating hamburgers or shooting 12 gauges in every scene and wearing cowboy hats? =P Took me right out of it.

Although the last episode I thought was great =P

Well there other stuff is good. Didn't they work/do work on one or two of the other cartoons on the Escapist? I'm not -sure- about that though.

That was awesome, best episode yet, guys ^_^ They just keep getting better every week.

I'm pretty sure any praise I give will meet with vicious savaging on my character by random people who seem to only follow this show to troll its forums and tell those of us who like the show how much is sucks, in case we couldn't form our own opinions. So, please, feel free to treat my comment like gushing fan boy praise, regardless of its content.

The old film filter effect was funny, hopefully it won't get overused. I'm guessing there'll be a fourth wall breaking joke to end the old film filter joke, that's what I'd do anyway.

The Russians are clearly the funniest part of this series thus far, so it's likely they'll fall prey to carrying most of the show's weight. The Game Show trailer still remains the only part of the show up to now that actually forced me to replay it to catch jokes drowned by my own laughter. (I just hope the show won't rely too much on pop culture references, it's funnier when they come out of nowhere like in the trailer)

So, yeah, it's getting there, good work guys . . . Last week's Bob flashback episode had a really funny ending, though the episode felt very out of place to me . . . Hey, what happened to the opening sequence? We didn't get sick of them enough to complain yet. Was it cut to make room for more show time?

Dougle:
Damn short episode.

These are getting worse... Seriously. What was up with the russians? You honestly think all russians wear boots and fur hats and coats, even when they have left the cold russian north and become rich business men working in a air conditioned building in America. C'mon. How would you feel if that all the American characters had to be eating hamburgers or shooting 12 gauges in every scene and wearing cowboy hats? =P Took me right out of it.

Although the last episode I thought was great =P

I would agree that this episode was surprisingly short...

You don't seriously think they think that, right? It wouldn't be very funny if they where politically correct Russians, wearing Disney hats and holding hot dogs while waving little American flags... okay, that would be kind of funny, but funnier if we first knew them as these greatly exaggerated Russians... and as to the American character thing, they (as would the rest of us) would find that absolutely hilarious.

To get slightly off topic, it makes me think of a scene from "Triplets of Bellville" where the protagonist (from France) goes to America and everyone, even The Statue of Liberty (holding a hamburger) was incredibly fat. It was funny to me, especially since we try to portray ourselves as these fit, handsome people in the media, when in reality obesity is one of our greatest concerns. There's a difference between being mean and a friendly ball busting.

I've always agreed that a truly tolerant world can take a joke and telling each other what we can and can't say only makes us hate each other more ... Anyhow, not trying to take the piss out of what you're saying, just tagging on my own opinion.

Introduction of Russian characters.
Main characters establish they're already doing what they need to be doing.
One character reliving a war.

It also confuses me why the main Russian dog is an English sheep dog by all appearances and not one of these. It would make a fair bit more sense =/

This show is rather lacking as a whole.

Okay, I liked this one. It wasn't really funny but it was still entertaining. Which I'm thankful for because I really didn't like the last episode.

Glad to see we're back in the office too. I like the main trio (Chet, Bethany, and uh, the other dog whose name I can't remember), and I liked Bob before he went a little psychotic. His awkwardness was what made him funny. Now, I kinda find him annoying. :/

Well, whatever. Can't please everyone, right? Anyway, I liked it a lot more than the last episode, which brought back my enthusiasm for the show in general.

Lyri:

It also confuses me why the main Russian dog is an English sheep dog by all appearances and not one of these. It would make a fair bit more sense =/

Er...if you're talking about the dog I'm thinking of, isn't he a Siberian Husky?

zHellas:
Is it really called Balalaika-O-Vision, or are you just making a silly Black Lagoon reference?

No, it's a reference to a traditional Russian musical instrument, which in this context is a shorthand for "stupidly exagerrated Russian stereotypes".

Lyri:

Um, he's supposed to be a husky.

I'm sorry Russ but I'm still not sold on GD. However, Bob is funny as hell now, but, it's the only thing I find funny. Some more gaming jokes in here would be really great, like what Code Monkeys did.

The first episode of Season 2 was a bit of a let down compared to the awesome preview special. However, this episode more than makes up for it. Keep it rolling dudes.

Oh man, I love those new Russian Owners. That cone was the most impressive part, but the Gritty Reel vision was pretty cool, too. Plus, Bob using a leash as a grappling hook handle was awesome.

What kind of dogs are the Russians?

A very funny show. It's getting better all the time.

Wow. What the hell did I just watch? That was terrible.

Still haven't laughed yet but I can see it's getting better and they are listening to the constructive comments. Even the title of the show doesn't support the jokes, I haven't seen a real game joke since the first episode. Put in some jokes on some games we know, something they can compare to their crappy Satan's retrievers game would be nice.

-No more 1 minute long annoying intro
-More Bob
-The jokes aren't funny but we see that you guys tried to work on them and that's a +

Keep it up, I'll keep watching even tho I love D&A and AL a lot more.

Bob is here to save the day. And by that I mean, remove the boredom from the rest of the episode. He's "magical" like that.

Why do all the characters sway (or jerk their arms) back and forth when they talk? It's really unsettling.

Also, these new slimjim commercials suck ass. Where's Randy Savage?

Kollega:

As I mentioned, by all appearances. He just looked like a sheep dog. *shrug*

George Palmer:

JourneyThroughHell:
You know, this episode is actually pretty good and the stereotyping of Russians I find hilarious.

But that language they're speaking... not Russian. At all.

Yes it is. Its TOTALLY Russian. Its from the upper, mid, eastern, north west, central region of Russia.

No, it's not. And don't try to fool me, I'm Russian myself. Episode is alright, although stereotyping is kinda outdated, but I guess that was the point.

Drago is officially my favorite character and I love the Russian-O-Vision. Keep it up guys it gets better every week! WOLVERINES!

Ok, I give up. It's not getting any better.

I want an old camera filter to come over me, along with Russian music every time I talk with a Russian accent! D:

Ha ha ha, no wait. That episode wasn't funny.

I can't believe I'm saying this...

But that was actually quite good. The fact that I laughed once surprised me, the fact that I laughed throughout most of the episode... Basically, keep this up.

I like drago he reminds me of a ghost from sc

I couldn't help myself, I laughed every time "Wolverines!" popped up. I really enjoy this series.

First time Game Dogs made me laugh actually. Maybe it's picking up.

"Wolverines!"

WOLVERINES! DEATH TO THE COMMIES!!!!! *Explodes*

Great episode ;)

The Season 2 promo was hilarious, but then the first episode disappointed me...but then I was all happy face because things got awesome. This and the last two episodes were pretty damn good. A few episodes fell flat, but Bob's greatly-contrasting personality and some actually clever visual gags seem to be pulling things pretty nicely along here. They say that the quality of a sitcom can often be measured by the quality of the support characters. If that's the case, then the quality of Game Dogs is steadily rising.

Nice show, but they weren't really speaking russian =\

I knew this show would eventually turn into something watchable!!

*knocks on wood*

All I can say is that this show already had too much "Mixed Reviews", which makes me confused as a viewer, as well.

Some parts are funny, some parts are not. I guess you really can't please everyone... Although in this show, everyone's quite vocal about their opinion about it...

WOLVERINES! I love that russian-O-vision it really adds to their personality, and bob is hilarious! Make more episodeslike this one, but please try to make them longer.

Lyri:

Kollega:

As I mentioned, by all appearances. He just looked like a sheep dog. *shrug*

Yeah, the Russian's definitely a Husky.

Anyway, I agreed 100% with everything Willgreg123 said. And like most people, it seems, I enjoyed that quickish episode. Bob's transformation is still hilarious. Not the best episode of the series, or even as strong as the game show promo, but good. I may be one of the few people who likes most of the characters, both main and supporting--although those roles seem to have been switched so far this season. Which I suppose is okay, based on the quality so far, as long as there's more development for everybody, interesting new characters, humorous moments, etc., ahead.

This show need more Bob!

WOLVERINES!

Ha ha ha, really don't understand why folk find this funny...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here