The Costumes of PAX Prime 2010

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Costumes of PAX Prime 2010

A quick look at some of the talented folks in costume from last weekend's Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle.

Read Full Article

Those are some pretty awesome costumes.

Number 25...Best Ever! Wakka wakka wakka~!

The Isaac Clarke one in the Gallery is probably my favourite, that looked detailed and pretty goddamn awesome.

Ahhh, nerds, doing what nerds do...um...fairly well, for most of them.

Woah. Some serious work went into some of those.

I'm amazed there are people as gutsy as those out there... But some of those costumes are pretty sweet indeed.

I'm incredibly impressed by the Commander Shepherd crew one. And the ODST gear. Lots of cool stuff for sure.

Wow, there are some bodacious costumes at that place! Fartmuffins, they're awesome!

Some of those ladies were looking really fine, but my favorite costume out of that gallery:

Calvin and Hobbes!

Damn, that was unexpected. I know for a fact I'd be able to pull off a Calvin costume, but I'd need someone ot be my Hobbes.

Man, I love to cosplay. It was awesome to be dressed as Rorschach at the New York Comic-Con. I'm completely sick of posting pictures of my cosplay, though.

Surprising amount of BlazBlue cosplayers that I wasn't expecting to see. Anyway back to trying to master Continuum Shift.

I think page 20 is more of a nod to Dead Rising rather than a ServBot... Just sayin...

The really sad part is that we captured a fraction of the amazing cosplayers we saw while we were at PAX. This is just the tiniest of samplings of the truly outstanding work we saw. And just about everyone we photographed was incredibly gracious and cheerful, no matter how many snaps we took.

The Travis Touchdown's Beam Sword is awesome

Aww, the Taokaka girl is adorable.

That was awesome! I wish I had the materials to do that kind of thing - I'd totally go as a mudcrab :P

Excuse me, that is not Majora. It is the Skull Kid donning Majora's Mask.

/pedantry

A female spy and blu scouts mum eh? Hey hey!

Asian chicks in bikinis, and a Harley Quinn chick? I wish I was there.

Susan Arendt:
The really sad part is that we captured a fraction of the amazing cosplayers we saw while we were at PAX. This is just the tiniest of samplings of the truly outstanding work we saw. And just about everyone we photographed was incredibly gracious and cheerful, no matter how many snaps we took.

Haha, I was about to say that. There were so many more good ones! I got to the end and said to myself: "This is it?" Time for a image search.

You didn't get photos of any of the dozen Team Rocket members, or the Gym Leaders or Gordon Freeman, or the 20+ TF2 characters, or Zoey, or Coach?

AngryMongoose:
A female spy and blu scouts mum eh? Hey hey!

Always makes me laugh.

A lot of work went into some of those, some made me chuckle.

Chamale:
You didn't get photos of any of the dozen Team Rocket members, or the Gym Leaders or Gordon Freeman, or the 20+ TF2 characters, or Zoey, or Coach?

TF2 is so overplayed by now that we'd rather feature other series. We don't have any Mario cosplayers either :P

ImprovizoR:
Asian chicks in bikinis, and a Harley Quinn chick? I wish I was there.

She was just one of at least two. I saw a classic Harley, who was also sensational.

Also, as Funk pointed out, we have standing rules against posting pictures of TF2 and Mario cosplay, no matter how good they are. Because they're just so friggin DONE. If I never see another damn Peach in my life, I'll be very, very happy.

That said, if they want to do a fun spin on the characters - Tanooki suit? Steampunk? Paper Mario? - that's ok. But, no, it's just the same old stuff over and over and over again. You people deserve better.

I didn't actually see any Team Rocket, though.

Susan Arendt:

Tell me, did you happen to catch the Bungie employees and a Spartan playing Just Dance 2?

I wish I went to PAX...

The Calvin and Hobbes one made me happy.

Irridium:

Susan Arendt:

Tell me, did you happen to catch the Bungie employees and a Spartan playing Just Dance 2?

I wish I went to PAX...

Is it wrong I wish that they were dancing to Lady GaGa? Something about seeing a Spartan dance to "Just Dance" sounds oddly entertaining to me.

Sean Strife:

Is it wrong I wish that they were dancing to Lady GaGa? Something about seeing a Spartan dance to "Just Dance" sounds oddly entertaining to me.

Where's the Dragon*Con love?

I like the BlazBlue cosplay, especially Taokaka.

AngelicSven:
Aww, the Taokaka girl is adorable.

Damn ninjas!

The Assassin's Creed one looked surprisingly good... especially with that accidental (?) blur on the guy walking past.

I think blizzcon costumes are better.

Nice! The Ezio one in particular was amazing, was that a kid wearing it or was he just short?

theginger:
The Calvin and Hobbes one made me happy.

I felt some stirrings in this black old soul of mine as well. Best cartoon ever? Or best THING ever?

Oh god that Vega one will stick with me for the rest of the week...

Touhou cosplay? Reisen! Too bad I saw it posted on Touhou's Facebook page already.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here