Escape to the Movies: Resident Evil: Afterlife

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

fanklok:
Nothing can be worse then Resident Evil: CG, nothing.

I hope you mean BETTER :P

I am surprised he brought up Other M in this review. That game really wasn't all that good, and I hate how now everyone hates the first person view of the Prime series. It worked excellently for those titles. Sure Metroid works well, as well, as sidescroller, but not in the way Other M did it :/

They should have casted Gary Busey as Albert weskar.

I'll probably see this one just because I've seen the others.

As far as the review, it's kinda what I expected. Not praising but not putting it down. Good review. The Jill Sandwich joke at the end did make me chuckle for some reason.

Should I see this in 3D or 2D. 3D gives me a minor headache, but Resident Evil is my favorite movie series. If they put that much effort into the 3D I would want to see it in 3D.

Ah, so I'm not the only you thought Extinction was the best of the lot so far. Going to see this tomorrow, looking forward to it a little more after this review.

As for the post-credits teaser, given recent comments by Anderson, I think I have a pretty clear idea of who it's going to be.

I completely disagree with him, my favorite is the first one, followed by the second, and I didn't like the third one at all.

But eh, c'est la vie.

Am I the only one who thinks that Milla Jovovich isn't even remotely attractive? She looks like a reject barbie.

droppingpenny:
It was a very good review... until you mentioned that the atrocious Metroid Other M is better than Metroid Prime.

Don't bother, MovieBob doesn't know much about video games.

Or women for that matter.

The Resident Evil movies have been getting BETTER??
Uh, no? The shift from survival-horror to cliche' action movie didn't sit well with me, and I'm not even a fan of Resident Evil. At least Movie Bob gets the premise right: "I have a sexy wife, and I want the world to know it!"

That's the only thing that the movies are about. So long as they keep making box office money though, we can expect to see more.

"Get off your high horse about 3D"

Never had one.
3D is a gimmick, and nothing more.

eva243:
I am surprised he brought up Other M in this review. That game really wasn't all that good, and I hate how now everyone hates the first person view of the Prime series. It worked excellently for those titles. Sure Metroid works well, as well, as sidescroller, but not in the way Other M did it :/

He's being provocative. Other M did the impossible by ruining Samus Aran's character portrayal by having her contradict everything that defined her up to that point.

But!

But...the gameplay itself (minus the "Where's Waldo" segments) was pretty damn good.
Just get better writers, ok Nintendo?

I really don't think Movie Bob should be telling anyone to get off their high horses. Also, 3D causes me intense pain in my ears because I, like many people, already where glasses and wearing two pairs at once feels horrible for next to no benefit. Also, the RE movies have been exponentially worse with each iteration (this coming from someone who never even played the games), and Milla Jovovich (I think that's how you spell it) couldn't pull off genuine drama to save her life.

What makes me curious about this film is the presence of Wesker.
The worst game character ever created with the worst speeches ever written. Wesker is so bad, but so bad he actually ends up being awesome!

Look at the climax of his career, Resident Evil 5, neo rip off + Chris Redfielf's evil ex. It's the peak of the camp aesthetic.

meh its not Chris Redfield if the ratio of muscle to the rest of him isn't 5:1

Sicamat:

droppingpenny:
It was a very good review... until you mentioned that the atrocious Metroid Other M is better than Metroid Prime.

Don't bother, MovieBob doesn't know much about video games.

Since he is The Game Overthinker as well, I beg to differ.

Edavies696:
meh its not Chris Redfield if the ratio of muscle to the rest of him isn't 5:1

Maybe it is the good looking Chris, from every other Resident Evil Game ever made?

I honestly don't see the drop dead gorgeous persona Bob seems to see about Milla Jovovich. She doesn't really look attractive.

droppingpenny:

I'm aware of those, they are the reason why I said he doesn't know much about video games.

Sicamat:

droppingpenny:

I'm aware of those, they are the reason why I said he doesn't know much about video games.

So your previous post is meant to be ironic?

The Ambrosian:
It annoys me because if they have nothing to do with RE just don't call it RE...

The same can be said about the new Call of Duty games...

And I unironically love the Resident Evil films and since this one is apparently the best that would be great. Of course, I really liked the first one and thought the second wasn't nearly as good but the third one was in between 1 and 2. But I'm going to probably check this out anyway. Bob... you've lead me to seeing some pretty awful movies in the past. If I like this one it might restore my faith in these videos.

P.S. Bob, if you happen to read this somehow, what did you think of the American? I thought it was garbage, but then again I thought Edge of Darkness and Splice were garbage and you liked those. Just wanted to see your opinion on it.

knight of some random number:

diddykonger:
$50 that the character reveal is Leon

I'm thinking the same thing, although I'm also thinking it might be someone else.

Like Jack Krauser or Steve Burnside from Code Veronica. But yeah, Leon does seem to be the most likely to appear. Then again it could be a girl, Ada or Rebecca anyone?

As for the movie in general, I don't think it looks to great but I might go and see it simply as a time waster.

Ada came to my mind when he mentioned it...

OT: Meh, I might see it... Depends if I have to cash. Its not going to be really bad and at best its going to be a laugh to watch with your mates, but I don't think its worth the money! Even if it is in "good" 3D.

Get off MY high horse? I couldn't hear you from up there.

Also, when you say Resident Evil is "still barely relevant", relevant film wise or just in general because if you meant the latter... ahem, BS! I usually agree with you on films but you're waaaaaay too opinionated on video games.

As for the movies, I am surprised you didn't completely shrug them off, they are getting better it seems... we'll get there in the end... maybe.

BTW, that new subtitle for the series, brilliant haha!

droppingpenny:

Sicamat:

droppingpenny:

So your previous post is meant to be ironic?

No.

i liked the movies but then again ive never played the games and like zombie movies

I enjoy these movies very much, not great movies but all good in their own right. Glad this one seems to hold true to tradition.

The Ambrosian:
It annoys me because if they have nothing to do with RE just don't call it RE...

If you think RE has nothing nothing to do with the game counterpart,try watching House of The Dead 2

Wow, you shamelessly stole that "Umbrella Corporation leaders are like Captian Planet villains" joke from Yahtzee.

Saw this today, and was entertained enough for my money. But, the film screeches to a halt for about 25 minutes after the opening scene....just a lot of very little happening while we introduce new characters, locations and plot elements. Also, Anderson uses slo-mo far too much in this one. I usually don't mind it, but here it was really obvious that he was padding the scenes and robbing them of their energy - eg when Claire runs at the Axe Man and slides under him shooting as she goes.
Wesker was good value though, pitched perfectly like the game version and suitably bad ass. 6.5/10 for me. And the 3D was very nice as well...I can live without it, but might as well get the experience I can't get at home.

I personally liked all but the third,NOTHING HAPPENED,got so bored waiting for at least one zombie,I turned it off

Didn't they kill Leon off in the movies? Not that I'm complaining, if he was actually introduced, I'd have a reason to watch it.

Maybe I'll check this one out The Resident Evil movies have always been my guilty pleasure...

i honestly liked the second evil film and is my favorite live action RE film.

I now do not like Moviebob anymore.

I let his shining review of Watchmen slide, despite the fact that the ending of it made the entire movie pointless. Why he wrote such a glowing review of it is beyond me.

Now it has come to my attention that Moviebob likes Metroid: Other M to the point of loving it. This, I find unacceptable. The Prime series curb-stomps Other M any day.

Also, Moviebob, grow some fucking balls and don't bleep out your curse words. Seriously.

Resident Evil movies, my guilty pleasure. I love all of them and will likely enjoy this too. But only when it comes out on disk. My problem with 3D isn't just for carping, it's because of my eyes.

A bit nearsighted, one eye worse than the other plus 3D equals migraine of titanic proportions. I just can't handle it. And I actually wish I could see it for this movie, it looks like it would be a fun addition to the RE cheesiness I know and love.

Oh well, it will just be added to my other DVD copies of RE movies when it goes on sale. I can wait.

Did anyone else notice that the one sheet Bob used for the review was in German?

Soo basically... for a B-Movie it Kicks-ass :)
Cool, I can't wait until it's Released on Torrents ...I MEAN my Local Cinema! ...yeah, that's what I meant (*^.^*)

what the fuck was that.....???????
the movie was a pile of horse shit it's only 97 mins long and half of that is in slow motion with really inconsistent sound to go with the picture.... i mean slow motion can be used really well to make a dramatic fight scene easier to watch cos it's not just blur but seriously the amount of it in this movie is ridiculous.... this movie does nothing that hasn't been done before and better a lot of it by the matrix revolutions which was also a pile of horse shit....

interesting, i found that the movies have been getting worse, i liked the first one, the second one was fun but maybe not as good, and the 3rd one was horrible. Albert has always been my favorite guy from the RE series so i might check this movie out but i still say that 3D movies should die in a fire.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)