Shogun 2 Total War Campaign Preview

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Shogun 2 Total War Campaign Preview

You need more than soldiers to win a war. You also need honor and geishas!

Read Full Article

I want it!

I want it so much...

Why don't I have it?

Shogun total war was one of the first real strategy games I truly fell in love with, and I've been a massive fan of each Total War game since: seeing another Shogun game in the works and seeing that it sounds awesome makes me grin. Lots.

I still have the first one!
Looks intresting.
Do you know when its released?

Oh wow this sounds brilliant. I loved Shogun Total War one and this sounds like an updated version with the complexity of Empire.

Do want!

wonk

will buy at version 1.4

do want to last i hear it was slated for march or something 2011 in that range.

meh in shogun one i always put the priests to death and barred outsides from the country :P. i still have my sogun total war warlord edition disk to i might install it one of these days again just to relive the glory of crushing my enemies with geisha and kensai.

Steve Butts:

It sounds like we'll need them. There are rumors that the nearby Chosokabe clan has built a big enough harbor to attract a strange people known as the "Dutch." These Dutch offered to share the secret of gunpowder with Chosokabe, and the lure of the strange new technology forced the clan to give in to Dutch demands to convert to Christianity

well.. that's a shame.. in the original the dutch were the easy way to getting gunpowder.. and the spanish where the forced converters for gunpowder..
oh well.... still want it!

I tried to play the first one, but this is the one game, where graphics turned me off of it. Although.... I can't wait for this one

This look really really good. My hype level for this game has risen.

all previews must look like this from now on!

The name Bushido was coined in the 1900's.

Just saying.

yes, i absolutely love the total war series, and this in all it's intricacies, is very much interesting me, damn so much to buy, empire total war i conquered the world as the dutch now they have come back to introduce lovely gunpowder.

It seems awesome. I've loved the Total War series since Shogun. I'm definately going to look into buying it.

Holy Sh-crap! I had no idea this was coming out. Sounds awesome.

Oda Nobunaga for life!

Well, at least you get Nanjou Ran.

Goddammit, waiting on this one. I loved Rome Total War but ever since it went onto the British conquests and Napoleon, I found it boring. It's much more fun to have a mix strongly favouring the melee than have a bunch of guys shooting at each other all day from a distance, at least for me.

Not to mention, this is one of the most awesome periods for the game outside perhaps the Roman empire and it might even be better tbh :D

MrSnugglesworth:
Bushido was created in the 1920's.

Just saying.

That were they slice emselves when they is defeated?

YES

My Body is ready!

Corporal Bill:

MrSnugglesworth:

Just saying.

Thats Seppuku where they kill themselves if defeated.

OT: Looking forward to this massively, hope they do build on the things that they got right in Empire/Napoleon.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. That's an absolute certainty. :)

Sounds very good, but after the whole 'Empire: Total War' scheme I'm a little less trusting of the Total War series. I mean, my god, the pathfinding in that game for multiple squads was some of the worse I've ever seen.

Corporal Bill:

MrSnugglesworth:

Just saying.

The "Code" was given the name Bushido in 1900's (Not 1920, my mistake)

wooty:

Corporal Bill:

MrSnugglesworth:

Just saying.

OT: Looking forward to this massively, hope they do build on the things that they got right in Empire/Napoleon.

What's the difference between that and Hari-Kari, if there is one?

Game seems fun, but I don't know if it's something I'd want to buy. I do like flash games that are somewhat like that, though. Obviously not as complex, but still...

I use to love the Total War series but Empire sucked so hard that it destroyed my faith in CA. I will probably pass on this one, I can't however say I will do the same with Civilization 5 that will be released later this month!

Ironic Pirate:

There is no difference, if I recall correctly. Seppuku is used as the more formal word in writing, while harakari is used in speech.

Aww...the Dutch turned mean suddenly. :( I wonder if the Portugese are also included in that time period...I just read a nice history book on this time period and can't help but wonder how they'll handle all the facets of it...sounds like an awesome game that might get me back into the strategy game genre. :)

Well writen and engaging preview article. Thumbs up from me. Hope they have sorted the A.I for this version. I will get it anyway. Cor I friking love Total war games! :)

jizzed in my pants

Hmm protestant monks first time I have heard of that, I think CA may have wonder from history a little.

Can't wait for this! Although I am slightly wary, since I preordered Napoleon and was disappointed by it.

Still, can't wait!

*At Nagashino*

Takeda: There is No honor in these Muskets!

Nobunaga: lol, Kay (Fires muskets, Wipes out the Takeda Clan)

That's exactly How it Happened, KOEI told me so.

OT: I wasn't a huge fan of Napoleon/Empire Total war, But that was due in fact to Warfare at the time of Napoleon being "Who had the better line" where as this seems to be a hell of a lot more exciting.

WANT. Shame it'll bring my lowly computer to it's knees, but dammit, I'LL FIND A WAY.

Shogun Total War was the first (and only) game to ever get me sent to the office in High School. I had been in a battle and was still getting used to the controls when I sent my army into a valley where archers on both sides of it killed all my soldiers. I accidentally blurted out "DAMN IT" so loud everyone in the class heard me.

Shogun 2 looks great but I demand one thing from it. I demand blood and gore because war is messy and it should show it. I expect to see limbs on the ground from katana strikes, blood seeping through armor when someone gets a spear in the gut, I want full on violence like what you had to mod Medieval 2 to see.

Ironic Pirate:

wooty:

Corporal Bill:

MrSnugglesworth:

Just saying.

Game seems fun, but I don't know if it's something I'd want to buy. I do like flash games that are somewhat like that, though. Obviously not as complex, but still...

If I remember correctly Seppuku is when you have dishonoured yourself and commit suicide to atone and Harikiri is when you kill yourself as the only means to prevent yourself from being dishonoured in the first place.

Yes!!! Thank you totalwar gods for giving us this great gift. I have the original game and gods it was good. This-shall-be-EPIC!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here