Preview: Civilization V

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Preview: Civilization V

I am Hiawatha, chief of the Iroquois peoples, and I will unite the world under one banner.

Read Full Article

This sounds like one hell of a lot of fun, I shall be honest.
I hope I don't end up getting in character, though... it might be awkward.

Winning a game through diplomacy? Damnit I wanna play now.

This game is really going to mess up my studying this fall :/

Holy hell, RTSs are sooo boring to watch.

DustyDrB:

Not an rts.

The Civ series were a near-perfect set of games, marred only by shite combat. Finally, finally, it looks as though they've cracked it. I want this now!

I need a new PC.

DustyDrB:

Civilisation is a TBS (turn based). But I know what you mean.

Edit: Looked it up. Can be pronounced both ways. My apologies.

Otherwise the game looks amazing.

Too peaceful and diplomatic for my tastes. Now a military dictatorship bent on subjugating those who would oppose me, that is something I can get behind! Bwahahaha!

10 more days !

Booze Zombie:
This sounds like one hell of a lot of fun, I shall be honest.
I hope I don't end up getting in character, though... it might be awkward.

I am Hank the Horrible. FEAR ME!
Looks okay, would like more detailed battles though.

lol I always end up making a military dictatorship...

GLo Jones:
I need a new PC.

I'm just gonna play it at the lowest possible graphics setting.

Lost it at the last line, which ruined this preview's fun for me, because that was the most important line!

monnes:

DustyDrB:

Not an rts.

GLo Jones:
I need a new PC.

DustyDrB:

Civilisation is a TBS (turn based). But I know what you mean.

It's an easy mistake to make, cut the guy some slack.

I can't wait to play this game, I hope it's better than the console version of civ 4 though.

Who is the narrator?

Chunko:
I can't wait to play this game, I hope it's better than the console version of civ 4 though.

What? The PC version will be better than the console version of Civ 4 if that's what you're saying. There probably isn't going to be a console version of Civ 5.

The level of hate I have for you for getting it early is hard to describe. But imagine something massive, so massive it makes our own son appear to use as as inconsequential as we are to the universe itself.

Yes...oh yes...if you were a nation I would raze you.

Grrrr...

8 more days -.-

Delivery Estimate: September 21, 2010

What...

Oh god I hate you even more now.

The game ends 2012.

I've never really played a Civ game before, but this looks super fun. But I just wanna slowly build my civilization through all the ages and get all this awesome stuff and not worry about fighting, lol.

ranger19:
I've never really played a Civ game before, but this looks super fun. But I just wanna slowly build my civilization through all the ages and get all this awesome stuff and not worry about fighting, lol.

And this looks more possible in Civ 5 than ever before in any other Civ game. It looks like War isn't going to be the ultimate decider

Was on the fence with this game at first. But now it's pre-purchased thanks to this review reminding me of how addictive and awesome Civilization games are.

No more doom stacks, yay.

Also, the narrator was really good.

want

want

waaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttt

Goodbye next paycheck

The mighty Iroquois empire met the French... and were put in reserves :(

laryri:

Chunko:

What? The PC version will be better than the console version of Civ 4 if that's what you're saying. There probably isn't going to be a console version of Civ 5.

There was no console version of Civ 4. There was Civilization Revolutions, a Civ game built specifically for consoles, but thats it.

OT: I want this game so badly. Like, seriously, very, very badly.

Irridium:

laryri:

Chunko:

There was no console version of Civ 4. There was Civilization Revolutions, a Civ game built specifically for consoles, but thats it.

I remember my friends saying Civ Rev wasn't that bad.

Best. Preview. EVER!

Seriously, you should role-play more previews like this, because that was awesome!

Korten12:

Irridium:

laryri:

Chunko:

It wasn't. It was actually pretty good. Sure it wasn't as deep, but it was still fun.

I may no longer have a 360 and I may be in a near broke state economically speaking, but damn I'm glad I pre purchased the game when I could. If I'm not busy searching for a new job, I'll be busy conquering the world with an iron fist... or a lukewarm heart...

Sigh...here goes another round of nights with me staying up waaay too late saying, "Okay, just one more turn...."

Korten12:

It was better than Civ 4.

Civ 5 seems to take what was good from Civ 4 and Civ Rev to make the ultimate Civ game. I'm incredibly excited for this title.

Thanks for the preview Escapist!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or