Stolen Pixels #226: Chime Chime Chime

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

chime.....that sounds almost like Tuuuuuubes.
*Eyes glow red*
TUUUUUUBESS

Uh...Spam?

Distorted Stu:
So im guessing Chime is good?
Also, chime.

This strip is not warning enough. I bought the game after reading this and haven't moved in three hours, thank goodness it's not got many tunes or I'd still be clipping those blocks together.

got to go and play the 'still alive' level again need to get all the lyrics playing this time.

This strip sums up how I feel about Chime.
Since playing I've been mentally placing blocks in every space I see, with the music in my head all day too.. argh!

Shame it's on the 360. Looks like something that could be free on the internet.

AAAAAND I just bought it....

Damn you Shamus. This pushed me over the edge into buying it, and I'm now addicted.

AvauntVanguard:
Shame it's on the 360. Looks like something that could be free on the internet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100/

I saw Chime on steam a while back,haven't thought about it since then,now that Shamus made a comic about it I'm gonna try it out.

Are you Valve's marketing agent or something,Shamus? lol

Lovecraftian madness consumes another. I wonder why it's always the MMOs and puzzle games that end up destroying the highest number of SAN points?

It's official. I MUST buy Chime.

After seeing this I googled Chime. Then I looked at the site, and watched some videos. Then I got on XBL and downloaded a trial. I played two rounds of the demo, then I bought it.

I bought Chime, just from seeing this comic. That game is incredible.

Thank god there isn't a demo on steam!

Btw, thanks for the heads up Samus, I'm not buying this game until I'm on vacation...

EDIT:
Ok, couldn't resist, just bought it... Hope you're happy Samus. XD

FinalFrog:
Spam Viking sees what you did there.

Chime chime chime chime chime chime chime chime.... *Sigh* I miss that show.

I recently bought the game, at the same time as a friend... That night I went to bed 2 hours late, and for the next 2 days my brain kept visualizing how chimes would fit onto the grid.

It was like Tetris all over again. I can remember several vacations I wasted on that game...

Oh how I love those games. :)

Chime? Chime chime chime. Chime chime. Chime chiming chime chime.

Chime! Chime chime chimey chiming chime. Banana. Chime chime!

I have no idea what it is, but, awesome!

By the way, don't get help. It would make your comic suck.
your other stuff too.

I just bought it. BAM. Valve should give you a beer and a hooker for all the sales you've made them.

Queen Michael:
I don't understand the appeal of these games. There's no story, no beautiful landscapes... To each his own, I guess.

Yeah, it really can be hard to explain the appeal of a puzzle game to a person who isn't into them. I know the appeal. Shamus knows the appeal. That guy over there seems to know the appeal. But none of us could really put it into words. I guess you could say it's like a joke. Either you get it or you don't.

Just played chime... I feel I need to start a thread.

Onyx Oblivion:
It doesn't hurt that the game's proceeds go to charity, either.

Really? That is great! Now if I ever get bugged about being addicted to the game, I can be a smug bastard to anyone who picks on me.

OT: Chime, chime, chime, chime, chime, chime, chime, chime, chime...... If I ever find you Shamus after I get trapped into the black hole, I'll blame you for wasting years of my life!

Nice comic.

Chimey!

Shamus Young:
Snip

Hello Shamus...

This is an intervention.

We here at the escapist are worried about your addiction to Chime.

We are your friends and we are trying to help you.

Curse you Shamus, why did you have to go and notice Chime and then do a comic on it? You owe me five bucks! >:O

Gigaguy64:
*Eyes glow red*
TUUUUUUBESS

TUUUUUUUUUUUUBES! MORE TUUUUUUBES!

and steam-filled corridors.

BobisOnlyBob:

Gigaguy64:
*Eyes glow red*
TUUUUUUBESS

Guys hear me out.
Organs.
On the OUTSIDE.

Gigaguy64:

BobisOnlyBob:

Gigaguy64:
*Eyes glow red*
TUUUUUUBESS

Guys hear me out.
Organs.
On the OUTSIDE.

BobisOnlyBob:

Gigaguy64:

BobisOnlyBob:

Guys hear me out.
Organs.
On the OUTSIDE.

You my friend are awesome.
And this thread...

Heh. If I could get Steam to work at school, I'd probably be at the campus center playing it. Bought it before this but really just haven't had time.

As for the person who doesn't get it:
Sometimes simplicity sells, and you don't need beautiful landscapes, especially when you can play simple games when you're tired still.

(Yes, I just partially defended casual games, sue me, I still wish for the eternal damnation of Zynga)

After reading this, I wanted to try out this game, but the producer doees not seem to be interested in actually selling it for PCs.

Finding the homepage was easy enough, but there is absolutely no link to buy. Nor to download a demo. Or anything really. There are videos, screenshots, a "how to play", and a big "play it now" banner but that only leads to an xbox store.
There is a single line of text "Chime available for PC 6th Sept 2010" which would imply it is available for pc too, but no hint how to get it.

I have spent ten minutes clicking through all the options in the store, I am giving up now.

Brgl:
After reading this, I wanted to try out this game, but the producer doees not seem to be interested in actually selling it for PCs.

Finding the homepage was easy enough, but there is absolutely no link to buy. Nor to download a demo. Or anything really. There are videos, screenshots, a "how to play", and a big "play it now" banner but that only leads to an xbox store.
There is a single line of text "Chime available for PC 6th Sept 2010" which would imply it is available for pc too, but no hint how to get it.

I have spent ten minutes clicking through all the options in the store, I am giving up now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100/ may help. Not sure if you can get it elsewhere. Haven't checked, because I already got it through Steam.

Masturbation aid for the left hemisphere of your brain/

You just became at least a mior deity in my eyes for that comment.
As for Chime itself, it looks pretty cool.

this game is great its need more tunes. but sitlll great

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

NOW NOW NOW!

Chime is but a paaahnd on Steam til tomorrow! (or 5 quarters or a euro I think), and it's soo worth more!

Even a small charity donation included!

The only thing I don't get, Phil Hartnol of Orbital involved, it's called Chime, and they don't include Orbital's most famous track ever? Chime?

Just a side note on a 20 year old track, I'm not knocking em, I love Orbital, but...isn't it kinda funny to watch them not only 'performing live' yet only reaching forward a couple of times a minute to adjust a slider, but also that they were forced to 'mime' on Top of the Pops anyway.

you've pretty much programmed the whole track into the keyboard, yet, they make you pretend in silence for 2 minutes instead.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here