Not Just Another Guitar Hero Preview

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Not Just Another Guitar Hero Preview

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine tells us how he's helping to change the series.

Read Full Article

Rush and Megadeth in guitar hero is a good thing.

Wait, it moves away from the shredtastic tone of the previous games? I think you meant to say it moves away from the mainstream leanings of the previous games and towards the shredtastic tones of GH2 and GH3.

Warriors of rock has Keep on Rockin in the Free World. That alone is a great reason to get it.

They gave Megadeath the freedom to create three new songs full of solos! The game is gonna be nigh impossible to beat now :P.

It has Black Widow of La Porte by John 5. Any argument not to get it is invalid.

Not gonna lie, saw the words "Rush's epic 2112" and pretty much thought "buy" right away. It'll be the first one I've gotten since 2.

Arkhangelsk:
It has Black Widow of La Porte by John 5. Any argument not to get it is invalid.

Activision cancels out any positive part of any game they corrupt.

Gene Simmons as the God of Rock? No thanks.

Outlaw Torn:

Arkhangelsk:

Activision cancels out any positive part of any game they corrupt.

Gene Simmons as the God of Rock? No thanks.

As long as I get to play some John 5, I'm happy.

Dorkmaster Flek:
Wait, it moves away from the shredtastic tone of the previous games? I think you meant to say it moves away from the mainstream leanings of the previous games and towards the shredtastic tones of GH2 and GH3.

Yeah, i read that sentence a couple times and it still doesn't make sense. No more shredding, but hey, here's a crap load of megadeth.....

And what's the difference between shredtastic tones and rock?

Maybe it's finally time for me to pick up a plastic guitar...Lords knows I'm never going to touch a real one.

DAVE!

An adaptor for use of real guitars on these types of video games will help so many guitarists develop their own ability as well as having fun at the same time.

Finally an actual reason to play the career mode. After they unlocked every single song straight form the start in Guitar Hero 5 there really wasn't any point at all in playing the Career.

I probably would've gotten it anyway though, even if i pretty much suck at playing Guitar Hero compared to a lot of other players. (But i can play a real guitar so i don't feel bad about it =P

Dr Megadeth:
DAVE!

An adaptor for use of real guitars on these types of video games will help so many guitarists develop their own ability as well as having fun at the same time.

Take a look at Rock Band 3 and the Pro Guitar Controller then. It practically IS a real guitar. Real strings and frets with sensors that tell you your finger placement on-screen during play.

Ulquiorra4sama:
Finally an actual reason to play the career mode. After they unlocked every single song straight form the start in Guitar Hero 5 there really wasn't any point at all in playing the Career.

I probably would've gotten it anyway though, even if i pretty much suck at playing Guitar Hero compared to a lot of other players. (But i can play a real guitar so i don't feel bad about it =P

That seems to be a trend with a lot of real musicians. I have a friend that's a guitarist and can't fathom the functions of the guitar controller. Similarly, I used to be a drummer and have the damnedest time using the Drum Controller. If there were attachable sensors that you could fasten to real drums for game, I'd be all over it.

Megadeth! i love Megadeth, im a total Droogie. Any one else notice the picture on the second page was eddi with the power slave background?

Sweet! Megadeth is my favorite! Anyway, I love Megadeth, but I don't think that's enough to get me to buy the game. I just don't enjoy Guitar Hero and Rock Band games anymore. I just find them boring.

0.o did they just give me good reason to play a guitar hero game for the first time in my life? FUCK YEAH THEY DID! Damn I wish I own a current gen console now.

well. lets say hello again back to the feel and general playlist of guitar hero 2 and 3. i might get it. depends if i really want another guitar hero game laying around.

Needs more Iron Maiden. triple threat guitar solos...

bjj hero:

Amen!

And don't forget Nico's drumming, Bruce's vocals and Steve's bass!

The franchise needs more Maiden, hell, everyone needs more Maiden.

OT: The game has me intrigued.

I may of misunderstood something but: For the final three epic songs of the game, they top it all off with custom music done by Dave Mustaine? No offence to him because he is a good guitarist, but I'd rather finish a Guitar Hero game with something actually epic and recognisable. Something that gets me yelling "OH YESSSS". Guitar Hero 2 ended with Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guitar Hero 3 ended with a rock edition of The Devil Went Down To Georgia (which worked partly because it fit what was happening and partly because it's an actual song) and the Rock Band series had pretty epic finales themselves (Highway Star by Deep Purple and Painkiller by Judas Priest are, at least to me, the finales of the games).

Yet, in this edition, we get some instrumental music or a forgettable song (last hit Megadeth did was about...1995?). More the reason why I'll pass and gawk at Rock Band 2 some more.

Dr Megadeth:
DAVE!

like what Rock Band 3 is doing?
on another note... where did all the iron maiden go since Guitar Hero 3? thats why i went to rock band, even though rock band 3 has the worst setlist (with the exception of a few songs like Caught in a Mosh and Rainbow in the Dark) of all music videogames (save Band Hero), it STILL has the best DLC and largest library of songs EVER.

Dave Mustaine's the man.

Azaraxzealot:

Dr Megadeth:
DAVE!

like what Rock Band 3 is doing?
on another note... where did all the iron maiden go since Guitar Hero 3? thats why i went to rock band, even though rock band 3 has the worst setlist (with the exception of a few songs like Caught in a Mosh and Rainbow in the Dark) of all music videogames (save Band Hero), it STILL has the best DLC and largest library of songs EVER.

I disagree, personally I think RB3 definitely has the best setlist and certainly most diverse setlist I can remember. And this coming from someone who only knew about 1/3 of the songs before i listened through them all. Of the remaining 2/3, about 1/3 were "OMG I know this song!!!! SWEET (*points at Centerfold and Werewolves of London*) and the other 1/3 were new songs that are pretty cool and I'll enjoy playing. Only about 3 of the songs in it I genuinely dislike.

OT: Pass on GH6 for me... it's just the exact same engine and gameplay with a cheesy brutal legend ripoff story and a far too metal heavy setlist. Oh yeah, and they put manbearpig into it... >_< There's no reason these songs couldn't just be DLC since their game has nothing new to offer.

sounds like another guitar hero tbh, every developer/publisher promiseses innovashun/something fresh/epic/graet/near perfect/suprisingly new, well duh ofc they would, they WANT YOU TO BUY IT

Maybe it will actually be good? Only time will tell.

I'll come back to Guitar Hero when they release Death Metal Hero.

So, never.

Megadeth is awesome, but the song list is still baffling due to the inclusion of Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Nickelback, My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, etc. The setlist is still better than 3' and World Tour's.

bjj hero:

There is like 12 songs from them downloadable to Rock Band. That DLC pack was awesome.

On topic, I'm a bit concerned myself. I've never really liked activision's guitar heros, but this one does have new Megadeth songs. On the other hand, the new mythology bullshit sounds plain stupid and the game looks a lot like brütal legend if you ask me. I myself am going to spend my money on RB3, because it has keyboards.

Did anyone else feel the series was completely ruined after they introduced the band element? For everyone who cant afford to buy 3 additional instruments, 4 and 5 were so much worse than number 3.

Guitar Hero...
Must...
Die...

Red_Fog:
Guitar Hero...
Must...
Die...

Yeah I am with you on that to a certain degree. I'm getting sick of seeing them rerelease the same game with essentially what are updated libraries every time. It's like every sports game ever made, ever.

needless to say I won't be getting it.

Eh, these guys only managed to pull off Guitar Hero 3 before they started missing the point, in my opinion. It doesn't help that they seem to pride themselves in releasing as many versions as they can of basically the same game without any noteworthy improvements.

At least Rock Band 3 is a big step forward, this just sounds like more of the same stuff that put me off the last half dozen or so games.

But hey, if you want wild, illogically frantic note-sprees and a pack of special Megadeth tracks to master, congratulations! This is probably perfect for you. Personally I'll be holding off to try the keytar and pro-guitar from Rock Band 3, assuming it comes to Australia. (Still waiting on Rock Band 2 here...)

Ever Since Harmonix left production I haven't been interested in GH. Activision has never been a good company in my eyes and the creative work that Harmonix is doing is the type of experiment that I like to see a game company do. :-D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here