Halo Timeline

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Halo Timeline

Everything that has happened regarding Halo, in convenient timeline format!

Read Full Article

Wow!!

Rvb started almost ten years ago?

That's impressive. The eight series just finished, AWESOME.

Oh, wait. This was a halo timeline.......

Woops.

Yeesh Halo Wars, what an abysmally shitty end for Ensemble. RIP guys.

The Amazing Tea Alligator:

I'll be honest, they did a decent job of it. Halo wars is one of the most fun pick up and play RTS's i've played

Hmm... most of the books were missing from the timeline...
Oh well! IT was still a good timeline.
I probably would not have missed that if I didn't own most of 'em.

wait! activision is now the new publisher for the new IP? great.....(!)

anyways...great timeline, I did enjoy Halo until of course MS started "exclusive-ize" Halo...

dogstile:

I'll be honest, they did a decent job of it. Halo wars is one of the most fun pick up and play RTS's i've played

If you ask me, it was insultingly simple. Not to mention that the console can't do rts controls for shit. There a trillion better rts's out there, all of Ensemble's previous, better games included.

dogstile:

If you ask me, it was insultingly simple. Not to mention that the console can't do rts controls for shit. There a trillion better rts's out there, all of Ensemble's previous, better games included.

Insultingly simple? Pray tell, how does a game being simple insult you?

dogstile:

dogstile:

Ensemble has made some good RTS games. Between the lack of any real economy or diplomacy, nor a detailed combat system, it's simply quite dull. If it weren't for the production value, it's about as deep as a movie-based video game. It's like Microsoft expected the game to sell and do well with critics. The trully mindboggling thing is that it did.

In conclusion, I suppose that it isn't really the game that's insulting (although it is VERY sad that Halo Wars was Ensembles last farewall), but rather it's reception.

mad825:
wait! activision is now the new publisher for the new IP? great.....(!)

anyways...great timeline, I did enjoy Halo until of course MS started "exclusive-ize" Halo...

They may be the publishers for the new IP, but due to the rare nature of the contract, they will not own the IP, Bungie will.

So as not to get into the fighting over Halo Wars;

It has been so long since that Christmas Eve where three boy played Halo CE happily as the snow trickled down in an amazing way. Too bad no one noticed because it was such a fun game.

dogstile:

dogstile:

Ensemble has made some good RTS games. Between the lack of any real economy or diplomacy, nor a detailed combat system, it's simply quite dull. If it weren't for the production value, it's about as deep as a movie-based video game. It's like Microsoft expected the game to sell and do well with critics. The trully mindboggling thing is that it did.

In conclusion, I suppose that it isn't really the game that's insulting (although it is VERY sad that Halo Wars was Ensembles last farewall), but rather it's reception.

An RTS dont need economics nor diplomacy. Just look at the C&C games, Warcraft and Starcraft.
No Economics no diplomacy just pure combat and tactics.

DazBurger:

dogstile:

dogstile:

An RTS dont need economics nor diplomacy. Just look at the C&C games, Warcraft and Starcraft.

Those games aren't combat and tactics. Men of War is combat and tactics. Those games are rock paper scissors, micro, and build orders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not interesting or deep enough to hold my interest.

DazBurger:

dogstile:

dogstile:

Those games aren't combat and tactics. Men of War is combat and tactics. Those games are rock paper scissors, micro, and build orders. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not interesting or deep enough to hold my interest.

But Halo Wars isn't just doing a bad job holding your interest, its downright insulting?

DazBurger:

DazBurger:

dogstile:

dogstile:

But Halo Wars isn't just doing a bad job holding your interest, its downright insulting?

Yes, but as I said above it's more the reception that's insulting. It's insulting that a game like Halo Wars can exist, not only be made by a great Ensemble Studios but be their final farewell, and that there are critics that can give it an 8.4 with a straight face. The world is a wrong, worrying, and downright insulting place.

I like how Red vs. Blue milestones are important to the Halo franchise.

to be fair though, I do love Red vs Blue's story more than Halo's. I wonder when they'll make a game for rvb...

To the haters:

Honestly, I think you guys are looking past the fact that the gaming experience of Halo ODST was primarily pretty epic, and it didn't have anything to do with the Master Chief. Isn't that really all that should matter. The exact same thing goes for Halo Wars. Can we just focus on the game part of the game? Not all this crap surrounding it.

I have not played Halo Reach yet.

vrbtny:
Wow!!

Woops.

yeah it was awesome. The ending was so sad..................church

Thank you for the Halo timeline it was a great read

ForgottenPr0digy:

vrbtny:
Wow!!

Woops.

yeah it was awesome. The ending was so sad..................church

Thank you for the Halo timeline it was a great read

Hey. That man is never as dead as you'd think.

Oh, yeah; Halo.

This timeline has kept me amused. Good show.

they skipped HaloClix, a game that completly bombed :P

DazBurger:

dogstile:

dogstile:

Uhhh Warcraft and Starcraft are huge on economy....

I never got why Halo was so madly loved don't get me wrong I've enjoyed the series alot and own all except for Halo Wars but the fanbase and popularity seem excessive

July 27, 2009: A day taht will live in very minor infamy. When oh when will teh project be brought back to lief?

Well, that was... somewhat pointless. Kind of a lot of filler in that timeline. You should have continued with the future Halo timline that Loading Ready Run made a while ago. Now that was an awesome documentary.

id say you missed one date. "the offical day halo was stolen from the PC"..
yeah, im still a bit bitter about that.

*grumble*

Wow...I never realised how man events actually happened along there timeline o.o fantastic!

I thought it was going to be about plot.

Wait... is there a point to this, or is it a nostalgic send-off to a franchise that didn't live up to the standards of its competitors?

They included the Halo 2 ARG but not the bigger and more fun Halo 3 IRIS ARG? Hmm.

I bet you any money bungie will do another Halo game. Perhaps not within the next year or so, but give it a few years.

Ah Halo series, I always wanted to get into you, but you'd never let me into your pants :\

I was hoping for a timeline that explained the quirky differences between games. Like why'd pistols lose the zoom function, and when did Warthogs actually become destructible? Were there scope shortages, and did the Warthogs get redesigned by the Ford Pinto team?

idiot445:
I was hoping for a timeline that explained the quirky differences between games. Like why'd pistols lose the zoom function, and when did Warthogs actually become destructible? Were there scope shortages, and did the Warthogs get redesigned by the Ford Pinto team?

If you're wondering how Master Chief eats and breathes- or other science facts- you should just repeat to yourself "It's just a game, I should really just relax."

BloodSquirrel:

idiot445:

If you're wondering how Master Chief eats and breathes- or other science facts- you should just repeat to yourself "It's just a game, I should really just relax."

That isn't it at all. I can totally suspend my disbelief about that. I'm more thinking basic continuity. The weapons in the first and second game I think are the same and yet function differently. I find it funny to think about stuff like that which has no explanation in the story whatever.

idiot445:

That isn't it at all. I can totally suspend my disbelief about that. I'm more thinking basic continuity. The weapons in the first and second game I think are the same and yet function differently. I find it funny to think about stuff like that which has no explanation in the story whatever.

Probably because any attempt to explain it would be more awkward than leaving it unexplained. Especially stuff like the warthog- it was never supposed to be indestructible, it was just a limitation of the game mechanics.

not as spectacular as WoW but good.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or