Hands-on Impressions of PlayStation Move

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hands-on Impressions of PlayStation Move

I can swing a sword and play with my pet. Yay!

Read Full Article

Hmmm, I have the strangest feeling that I've done this all before...

But where...?

It does feel very, very familiar...as if they ripped it straight from another company...

This is kind of what I was expecting from the Wii HD, I mean Move. Hopefully they can think of fun ways to use it in future titles but this doesn't look like something I'd buy a PS3 for, at least not at the moment, and especially when the Wii is so much cheaper.

It looks like deformed dildo.

The only reason I'm excited for Move is because they're talking about a freakin' zombie smashing game. That alone would make me buy it.

But I must say that the gladiator game looks pretty awesome too. Now make that first person, add lightsabers, and voila; you got the game I want for the Move.

minimacker:

the joke is old now...

picked up move today... waiting for the re-mote's to charge up before I use it hehe.

But i agree wholeheartedly with Greg's comment about the eye camera being a bitch to set up.. the Camera does not stick very well to a surface, and the cable is really stiff so its hard to get it to point forward and stay still.

I got my Move yesterday and I've got a few comments:

First off, it's no issue playing while sitting down unless you position the eye poorly or play a game that involves a lot of movement (such as table tennis, gladiator duels or beach volley). I actually played a game of bocce with my left hand while eating lunch in front of the TV today (multitasking is awesome). Also, Sports Champions probably isn't the best game to play if you want to sit down, try R.U.S.E. or Tumble (see Second) if you want to sit down.

Second off, you've got to try both R.U.S.E. (demo works) and Tumble (included on the starter disc, think there's a demo on PS-Store aswell) since they both use the Move in a way you don't really expect. R.U.S.E. is a lot better to play with the Move once you get used to it (took a few minutes) and Tumble really showcases the capabilities of the Move while being fun at the same time.

Third off, I'm going to try out the MAG Beta with my Move today and point and shoot people in their sad faces with my shotgun.

Hey, im gonna admit it looks pretty good to me. Kinda like what the wii should have been.

But innovation? No.

Just tested it yestarday at home and I've got to say that I am pretty impressed.
While I largely agree with the article, I actually thought that playing while sitting works better for me on the Move than the other system.
I really hope that the patches for MAG and other titles come out soon and test this with those genres.
The Shoot wasn't that good at all sadly as the missing crosshair makes targeting really hard.
However, my personal favorite so far would be Tumble. It is simple, but really handles as expected, with almost the same precision as in real life.
Now I am actually really excited to see some more party-less games, especially if they handle as well as the first extended demo bunch.

I had zero interest to buy this before, and that hasn't changed.

However, I'm willing to play it at Gamestop if they have a booth set up or something.

Looks like EyeToy with a stick.

If sony can make a game that integrates motion controls as well as Metroid Prime then they might make a sale here.

Of course all Nintendo needs to do is release Wii HD next year and clean up...again.

Looks alright, won't pick it up because if I did, I'd feel it neccesary to get at least another controller in order to play with a friend. I'm not in the mood for spending money on that.

Also, feels like I'm saying something totally obvious here, but is it just me, or is there almost no games planned(or shown yet) for the Move that aren't pretty much minigames? Only one I can think of is Sorcery.

P.S. I know games like Heavy Rain and Killzone 3 will have Move Support, but I meant games made with Move specifically in mind.

here's the thing. it looks like it really works. I'm not sold on motion control (says the man with the Wii, although to be far very few use motion control) but at the very least it WORKS. So, Props. What took Nintendo up until the Plus to get right you got right once... maybe.

looks ....ok the only game i saw that interested me was the gladiator one, and i dont think ill get move just for that

Hmmmmm i'm not entirely sold. Like the sixaxis it seems like some developers use it well and others use it badly.

Although with the sword game it does look as though it can (potentially) work better than the Wii i guess it'll come down the the game library for it. If it gets some decent games it seems like it'd be a nice Wii-alternative for PS3 users.

Since it's just a peripheral i doubt we'll see any high budget games that are Move-dependant. At most we'll just get to use it as an alternative for some games.

I hope they just polish off that party game. I am in no market for a new game or system add-on, but group games makes the system more enjoyable imo.

Greg Tito:
Greg Tito would like to apologize to ThyNameIsMud for repeatedly kicking his ass

If you a get nerf bullet to the head, it wasn't my fault.

The problem i see with the move is that the Wii already has a what... 4 year software headstart? I just don't see the market for it aside from "HD Wii clone". It's also hard to see where the support is going to come from. The system is an ADD ON, i don't see why you would build a game specifically fro the Move when you could just build it for the bog standard PS3 and maybe tack on some support.

Remeber all those amazing, innovative and compelling games we saw for the wii balance board? No? Well i can see move being in a similar position. Whilst the balance board captured public amagination becuase the Wii basically had "Uber Gadget" status at that point it's software failed to materialise in any real way. The balance board is also a POSITIVe example of add-on sucess. God forbid we see the Move relegated to a tech demo peice much like the Sega-Cd, Eye toy, 360 camera or 32X. An expensive novelty but nothing more.

In response to the bit about Racquet Sports, it's not really surprising that it's not are responsive as it could be. It's Ubisoft, and if anyone remembers Red Steel, their first step onto the Wii... Yeah. It seems that Ubisoft doesn't like putting their best foot forward when entering new platforms.

minimacker:

Hey guys, have you heard about what Nintendo changed the name of the Revolution to? It sounds like someone going to the bathroom!

Seriously man, joke is old and tired now.

ThyNameIsMud:

Greg Tito:
Greg Tito would like to apologize to ThyNameIsMud for repeatedly kicking his ass

If you a get nerf bullet to the head, it wasn't my fault.

Awwwww... is someone being a sore loser?? (hehe...)

;)

AxCx:
Hey, im gonna admit it looks pretty good to me. Kinda like what the wii should have been.

But innovation? No.

Someone needs to learn how to use a dictionary

to Innovate means to improve on something that already exists

Move is an innovation of the Wiimote due to better precision, tracking and input lag (between movement and seeing it happen on screen)

The problem I see is, if I didn't already own a Wii, and just owned a PS3, I would rather get a Wii then get the Move. That way, I could actually play the great games that have come out on the Wii over the years, AND get the motion control.

As it is, I already own the Wii, so there's little inscentive more me to get the move. Though the Kinect recently got a few cool looking games announced, maybe we'll see some cool games on the Move later on.

For now, it doesn't make sense to be an early adopter, especially when Sony is involved.

CTU_Loscombe:

AxCx:

But innovation? No.

Someone needs to learn how to use a dictionary

to Innovate means to improve on something that already exists

Move is an innovation of the Wiimote due to better precision, tracking and input lag (between movement and seeing it happen on screen)

Whoops, sorry about that. Spending the last 4 years in Germany and being german anyway has worsened my english skills.

Still, no need to ridicule me for a simple mistake.

EDIT: Before telling me to use a dictionary, you may want to work on your punctuation. Just a thought.

Yup, just like eyetoy but four times as expensive.

s0osleepie:

Awwwww... is someone being a sore loser?? (hehe...)

;)

...Yes :)

THIS is their launch line-up?

"Jeeee-sus titty-fucking CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTT!"

Woodsey:
THIS is their launch line-up?

"Jeeee-sus titty-fucking CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSTTT!"

Pretty much what I thought. It seems most of the better looking games for it don't come out until next year which makes me wonder if I should have just waited until then to buy it. Oh well, i'm certain it will be worth it in the long run and if it isn't, then I will have wasted $100.

nothing about Kung Fu Rider's overtly fanservice female character? All the footage of her I've seen seemed like they were trying to make her ass the focal point of the entire experience.

Anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo are working on some secret new industry changing project while watching Sony and Microsoft play catchup with their cheesy accessories without feeling the slightest bit threatened?

Im not even a Nintendo Fan and thats how it looks to me.

FinalFreak16:
Anyone else get the feeling that Nintendo are working on some secret new industry changing project while watching Sony and Microsoft play catchup with their cheesy accessories without feeling the slightest bit threatened?

Im not even a Nintendo Fan and thats how it looks to me.

Thing is, Nintendo also has to play catch-up - they need a system with some actual horsepower.
(Now that Sony can grab for both the casuals and the hardcore crowd, that is.)

Yep. The only launch game that sucks is Kung Fu Rider while the other games are worth playing. I had to laugh at Steve when he was goofing around with the Eyepet game.

So basically it's a Wii on steroids.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or