LoadingReadyRun: The Basement

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I was kinds on the fence on this one. but yay! he might have gotten a sandwich, but this one part takes the cake.

So, is this how we shall remember Tim's last LRR performance? With a "yay?"

I love it!

AnneSQF:
It kinda suck that the Crap Shot-viewers already knew the jokes. I could predict almost every line, although I hoped it would have its differences. It did have some changes and the part with the work bench was new. And it's a great Crap Shot, good for a 5 minutes video, but I'm still a sad panda.

Really? Because I went on an Crapshots archive binge, recently, and while the thumbnail made me think they were getting lazy, I found this video enjoyable. (Strangely, I remember The Basement II more than The Basement, which was SO obviously a teaser.)
Also, farewell, Tim! That last "Yay!" made the video great.

"When you are completely stumped..."

Was that intentional?

I loved it guys, keep up the good work

I'm assuming this was shot before Tim left? If not, I'm confused.

Draging your ax on the floor is just tacky, not frightening. No one takes care of their chopping implements anymore.
"Why did you say you were my worst nightmare?"
"You don't have nightmares about chopping wood?"
"I didn't used to."

Bye Tim we'll miss you. A great video to send him off with. That is unless he turns up in ENN on Wednesday for his last appearence.

I kinda guessed the whole thing without seeing this...crapshot thing.
Really slow guys, just... boring =/

The short version was better

I liked them better in crapshots, but this was still good.

Yayyy Tim!

I'm too afraid to watch it. You fools, why did you open it!

Aw they grow up so fast.

(From Crapshot to full-fledged LRR video.

I am the only one who doesn't know what the fuck a crapshot is?

Anyway, great episode, guys.

Feylynn:
XD Nice.
Was skeptical going in but it translated really well into a full video. =)
"I might cut myself!"
"worse then an axe...?"

Sandwich served on axe is classy, Tim is lucky.

Are we likely to see more Crap Shots fleshed out into LRR videos?

If they can flesh out ideas like this one, I don't see why not. That's what a good number of crapshots are after all, a mix of ideas from Alex, the rest of the crew and LRR video ideas that either don't flesh out into 3-7+ minute videos or just don't work as being such.

This worked out 'very' well though, they took a crapshot and really made it work well as a full video, the whole 'being knocked out again' thing worked quite well and the 'jelly sandwich' joke coming late in the video probably helped.

Best of all, seeing this come to life as a full LRR video feels almost 'rewarding' as a crapshots viewer, as if my (our) dedication to watching them means they get better chances at becoming full videos.

Orinon:
why doesn't he just have multiple attachchments, like captain hook.
but was that james in the shadows at first I hought it was graham but now i think it's james, or jeremy

In the credits it tells you who was in the video. It was Jeremy.

Oh... Now I understand the crapshot from Friday( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGsWpGLqo4&feature=sub ). But you told me is was "definetly not a teaser." Liars.

The whole first part of the sketch reminded me of a scene or skit that I've seen once before... right down to the whole bit about cutting himself if a spike were on his other arm. I wish I could remember where it was that I saw it so I could say this is more than just a deja-vu feeling.

Regardless, great show as always! Any of you guys heading to VCON in Vancouver next weekend?

Hmmm, oh, boy... where do I start...

First off... you scared the utter shit of me with the dragging sound of the axe.
You then scared what was left out by the creepy, creepy shot of Jeremy in the shadows!
(really great job on the dim lighting, there, by the way- you got it dark enough to be barely visible but what was visible was terrifying as a result!)

Then you made me piss myself with laughter.

In all, you've made me realise I really, really need to get medical attention....

haha! In all seriousness, that was hilarious!
Repeatedly bashing Alex over the head, and the banter about the axe hand was brilliant!

Loved it, guys :D

Using only three cast members and a basement (possibly where Paul constructed that balls kicking device) you just made comedy gold.
Made my Monday, as always :D

Great extension to the original crapshot :) i prefered the lighting on jeremy in the original, but everything else was well shot :D

Was pretty good. I feel bad for Alex. First he's got worms, then gets PUNashmints by Graham, the basement, also his helmet getting stuck, I feel bad. 3:

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen of the Escapist, is what we keep in the basement.

DON'T GO IN THE BASEMENT.

Aww, no jelly sandwiches for the non-kidnapees?

So is this why people welcome people to this site with "Welcome to the Escapist! Stay out of the basement." They'd have to chop wood?

lol an expanded crapshot

Erm...this has been done before. I don't mean LRR stole this idea from someone, I mean I've literally seen this video months ago. And considering Tim left LRR and now this was being played, I'm guessing this was played as it was one of your favorites with Tim in it.

Now I know how i'm going to get me backyard cut! Thanks Tim!

I thought it was pretty funny.

LOL!

Evil axe murderer fail or cleaning win?

Mythrignoc:
Erm...this has been done before. I don't mean LRR stole this idea from someone, I mean I've literally seen this video months ago. And considering Tim left LRR and now this was being played, I'm guessing this was played as it was one of your favorites with Tim in it.

we filmed this last weekend, on Tim's last day, and haven't shown it anywhere before now.

-m

What?!! Crapshot is evolving? ......your Crapshot evolved into A FULL BLOWN FUNNY!

Well done, good to see some jelly sammiches, also good to see the last of Tim. I would thoroughly enjoy seeing a fullblown Kitty (Curses) episode.

Yay! A new LRR! But not on an axe...
Sad that Tim will be leaving, but it is a nice send off.
I like the gravely voice, reminds me of InFamous's Cole. Except he might have a little less trouble cutting wood.

Great episode as always.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

This is a crapshot:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crapshotvideo

I might be a slight bit off here but essentially Alex, Graham, Kathleen, and 2 cats moved in together. Then after being bored Alex said,
"hey graham"
"hey alex what's up"
"We should make some videos"
"ok? we already do that though?"
"I know. That's why it will be super cool if we make more. Like 3 more a week."
"But alex the escapist won't have room for that?"
"it's ok I already got a license agreement to put them somewhere else."
"oh really? Where?"
"youtube."
"Alex I think anyone can use that..."
"I know this way we will have a much larger audience"
"ok I guess that is technically true. So what is this show about."
"everything."
"wait how can we cover everything?"
"we make the videos only 30 seconds long!"

And then a great legacy was born.

Boba Frag:

Using only three cast members and a basement (possibly where Paul constructed that balls kicking device) you just made comedy gold.

I don't believe so. In the podcast they discussed how that basement is in Grahams parents house and that they don't get to use it too often(if I remember correctly). Also I thought that was an attic?

Matt_LRR:

we filmed this last weekend, on Tim's last day, and haven't shown it anywhere before now.

-m

Awww. Does this mean that we won't get tims goodbye in a cHustle or is there a chance that something was filmed and just isn't ready yet?

Joseph Eckert:
Great episode as always.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

This is a crapshot:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crapshotvideo

I might be a slight bit off here but essentially Alex, Graham, Kathleen, and 2 cats moved in together. Alex said,
"hey graham"
"hey alex what's up"
"We should make some videos"
"ok? we already do that though?"
"I know. That's why it will be super cool if we make more. Like 3 more a week."
"But alex the escapist won't have room for that?"
"it's ok I already got a license agreement to put them somewhere else."
"oh really? Where?"
"youtube."
"Alex I think anyone can use that..."
"I know this way we will have a much larger audience"
"ok I guess that is technically true. So what is this show about."
"everything."
"wait how can we cover everything?"
"we make the videos only 30 seconds long!"

And then a great legacy was born.

Boba Frag:

I don't believe so. In the podcast they discussed how that basement is in Grahams parents house and that they don't get to use it too often(if I remember correctly). Also I thought that was an attic?

Matt_LRR:

-m

Awww. Does this mean that we won't get tims goodbye in a cHustle or is there a chance that something was filmed and just isn't ready yet?

Ahhh... it did look like an attic... Funny, I though attics were strictly for musty smells and dusty boxes of junk.

I have to go and watch that again- Paul's straight face during that epic line "I am become death- destroyer of balls.." literally made me spray sprite all over my monitor.
Ah... good time...

I should look at that podcast more often...

Damn, it's a shame to hear that about Tim.
I'll miss his gentle giant charm and unflappable nature, not to mention his comedic skill.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here