Unskippable: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Is Cybertron really worth going to WAR over?

Watch Video

Never gets old. Keep up the fantastic work guys.

Always a pleasure to watch.This game makes NO SENSE but it was still fun to play

Quite true what you guys said about the whole peace... thing.

Very good this week, me thinks. Also... WHERE'S MEH LET'S PLAY? Please...? Lot's of people enjoyed the last one.

Usually, the act of ramming a space station with a spaceship makes everyone in that ship DIE. And probably the station, too. I guess these transforming robots don't have as much trouble with inertial trauma as we humans do (which I should have figured out from Optimus getting slammed into the ground by a missile at about the speed of sound).

Oh, and the part in between the "Peace" and "War" that they don't tell you about? Cybertron passed Proposition D9, making it illegal for Decepticons to marry each other. Start horrific slash-fic in 3... 2... 1...

Though come to think of it, how many females do we ever see? There was what, ONE in Beast Wars? I mean, I understand that they don't reproduce sexually, but there weren't any more robots who wanted to be hot chick robots?! Something's wrong there. Maybe that was what the war was about: the Autobots made all the Decepticons turn male, thus Megatron's desire to return them to their "glory" or whatever. Okay, this has gotten too silly.

Also, I am seconding (thirding? Millioning?) the call for the Lets Play segments to be released, or at least some announcement of a timetable. Remember a few years ago, when that was a dirty word? Timetable.

The Megatron in this canon is already as ruthless as G1 Galvatron, as shown when he blasts the protesting Decepticon. Goodness knows what WFC Galvatron would be like.

Chasmodius:
You know, usually ramming a space station with a spaceship makes everyone in that ship DIE. And probably the station, too. I guess the Transformers don't have as much trouble with inertial trauma as we humans do (which I should have figured out from Optimus knocking a missle out of the sky and then getting hit by the other, slamming him into the ground at about the speed of sound).

Oh, and the part inbetween the "Peace" and "War" that they don't tell you about? Cybertron passed Proposition D9, making it illegal for Decepticons to marry each other. Start horrific slashfic in 3... 2... 1...

Though come to think of it, how many females do we ever see? There was what, ONE in Beast Wars? I mean, I understand that they don't reproduce sexually, but there weren't any more robots who wanted to be hot chick robots?! Something's wrong there. Maybe that was what the war was about: the Autobots made all the Decepticons turn male, thus Megatron's desire to return them to their "glory" or whatever. Okay, this has gotten too silly.

Also, I am seconding (thirding? Millioning?) the call for the Lets Play segments to be released, or at least some announcement of a timetable. Remember a few years ago, when that was a dirty word? Timetable.

oh I can answer that female thing. They exist but I have never seen one on cybertron. The old cartoon series has a couple girl transformers and so did the transformers revenge of the fallen movie(both instances of females were autobots though hmmmmmmm).

Is that Narrator the starts about halfway through Cyrus from Dawn of War 2?

I think this is just one of those things that makes it too easy to bash on Michael Bay. If it weren't for the movies, this might have turned out to be a decent game.

Then again, without the movies, we probably would have never gotten this horrible game. Hmmm....

You know, I'm a super huge Transformers fan-boy (Eighties Transformers, not the Bayformers), and yet I've still had conversations with friends about how illogical the Transformers are. Part of what makes them awesome though. :)

the reasons there is a war is because there is a Caste-system in place that oppresses the Decepticons (not at the time known as decepticons) Megatron, then a charismatic Gladiator united the slaves to fight for freedom!

Then he went insane with violence

Metal surgery.... if anything.

SpaceMedarotterX:
the reasons there is a war is because there is a Caste-system in place that oppresses the Decepticons (not at the time known as decepticons) Megatron, then a charismatic Gladiator united the slaves to fight for freedom!

So Megatron = Spartacus?

I've never heard that before. This somehow makes him more awesome, which I didn't think was possible.

they are in disguise as cars and tanks as such! nobody expects one if you know everyone can turn into either cars or robots...

Amnestic:

Well yes, that and a host of various characters from Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Singularity, Iron Man 2, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Dead to Rights: Retribution, Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening, Metro 2033, Mass Effect 2, The Saboteur, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, MagnaCarta II, Bionic Commando, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Madworld, Valkyria Chronicles, Guild Wars... the list just goes on and on and on - Steve Blum is in pretty much everything (seriously, if it has English voice acting he's probably involved).

ShadowKatt:

SpaceMedarotterX:

So Megatron = Spartacus?

I've never heard that before. This somehow makes him more awesome, which I didn't think was possible.

Megatron's awesomeness knows no bounds. So much so he even has his own fanboy that named himself after his hero. (Megatron in Beast Wars)

But Sir, its suicide! (Boom!!!)
Don't question Megatron.

"I should have never gotten that plastic surgery" made my day xD

The joke with transformers didn't know how cars look like wasn't funny - that's just stating the obvious idiocity of this game and whole idea. Other opservations were funny thou XD

Am I the only one who thinks there is a part of Cybertron that looks like a bat-signal? (Far to the right in the opening shot).

I find it that the robots in disguise part is when they came to earth. While in their own world they just had the ability to go faster by turning into vehicles but the kicker is flying over the roads is still much faster than driving through them so their existence is self-contradicting so much that their only difference between themselves and humanity is the fact that they can fly without turning into a plane. I have seen someone play this game on the Decepticons campaign and it looks good so it's worth playing especially if your a fan.

SpaceMedarotterX:

So, is Optimus Prime not the good guy than?

TheEnglishman:

SpaceMedarotterX:

No considering he's not Prime until AFTER Megatron starts his revolution and Megatron himself becomes disillusioned and is just straight up murdering everything now, with no regards for his old desires.

Hell Optimus agreed with the young gladiator Megatron he's just opposed to the "Kill them all and fuck the planet over" Megatron

The robot who would become Optimus Prime was a lowly archivist, but it wasn't until he heard of a rogue gladiator named Megatron and his call for an upheaval of Cybertron's society that he realized he was unsatisfied with his lot in life. Freedom to make your own choice should be the right of all sentient beings! Little did he realize that his boss, Alpha Trion, knew of a secret potential within the archivist, and that Cybertron's history was at a precipice.

Once he and Megatron discovered they did not have as much in common as they once believed, the lowly archivist was promoted by the High Council to be the next Prime. The coming battles for determination of Cybertron's future were costly, but Optimus is determined to thwart his former friend's attempts at universal subjugation, no matter where in the galaxy their conflict takes them.

SpaceMedarotterX:

TheEnglishman:

SpaceMedarotterX:

No considering he's not Prime until AFTER Megatron starts his revolution and Megatron himself becomes disillusioned and is just straight up murdering everything now, with no regards for his old desires.

Hell Optimus agreed with the young gladiator Megatron he's just opposed to the "Kill them all and fuck the planet over" Megatron

The robot who would become Optimus Prime was a lowly archivist, but it wasn't until he heard of a rogue gladiator named Megatron and his call for an upheaval of Cybertron's society that he realized he was unsatisfied with his lot in life. Freedom to make your own choice should be the right of all sentient beings! Little did he realize that his boss, Alpha Trion, knew of a secret potential within the archivist, and that Cybertron's history was at a precipice.

Once he and Megatron discovered they did not have as much in common as they once believed, the lowly archivist was promoted by the High Council to be the next Prime. The coming battles for determination of Cybertron's future were costly, but Optimus is determined to thwart his former friend's attempts at universal subjugation, no matter where in the galaxy their conflict takes them.

Ah, I understand, as a non-Trasformer fan this has a lot more story than I thought.

This made my day =D

Thanks for doing this guys =D been waiting for it for ages!

While I do agree with the logic-holes Paul brings up, but you have to remember they're only toys.

Great ep, as always. And as some has said before me, another Let's Play would be pretty darn cool.

They shoul;d just build more really big ones...really kick some ass lol

That is one ugly game.

So they have some narrative exposition from Optimus Prime... and then more exposition by Spike Spiagel before he grabs a throat lozenge. And yet, I know nothing as to why they are fighting except that Megatron= bad.

hahahaha classic Unskippable commentary
made me lol more than recent LRRs

Jbird:
While I do agree with the logic-holes Paul brings up, but you have to remember they're only toys.

This is pretty much the best advice I can say as well. They're only toys and there wasn't alot whole lot of logic with the first series of cartoons as well but we loved them none the less. :D

dalek sec:

Jbird:

This is pretty much the best advice I can say as well. They're only toys and there wasn't alot whole lot of logic with the first series of cartoons as well but we loved them none the less. :D

My only question is what would make someone like Megatron want to start a war "to return Cybertron to it's former glory and restore order" when the planet in question "lived peacefully" prior to war.

[Megatron (before the war)]
"Ah; what a nice and sunny day on Cybertron. I think I'll invite Optimus and Zeta Prime over for tea... What's this? I'm out of tea? RAAAAAAAARRRGH--!!!"
[And that's how the war started. The End :)]

Amnestic:

Yeah, it's Steven Blum, he's Barricade too, and Jack Slate in D2R Retribution.

(Edited a typo)

Jbird:

dalek sec:

Jbird:

My only question is what would make someone like Megatron want to start a war "to return Cybertron to it's former glory and restore order" when the planet in question "lived peacefully" prior to war.

[Megatron (before the war)]
"Ah; what a nice and sunny day on Cybertron. I think I'll invite Optimus and Zeta Prime over for tea... What's this? I'm out of tea? RAAAAAAAARRRGH--!!!"
[And that's how the war started. The End :)]

There was a Golden Age where there was no Caste system, everyone was equals, then the current autobot leaders began rigidly defining everyone's roles. Remember Optimus's line? "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"? well the Autobot elders (as elders are want to do) couldn't even abide by that. So a lot of people flock to a young gladiator screaming for reform. Then that young gladiator goes Loco

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here