The Costumes of Tokyo Game Show 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I loved the chest monster but how did it evolved this is going to keep me from sleeping tonight.

page 11, thats Kaito, a vocaloid...im pretty sure thats him at least.

John Funk:

Richard Pippy:
Just like I said for the G4 TGS cosplay article, you need a better way of displaying images. I am not going to view 26 pages just to see some costumes. I know you guys need page views to pad your ad values but you can do that while still designing the site's interface to be more user friendly.

Then don't. With our current design, this is the best way to show off full-sized images + captions. It looks ugly with more than one to a page.

Is clicking a button to go "next" really that much of a hassle? Really?

My internet is shit and is the best available for my area of the city. Loading a page, looking at the image, then loading the next is incredibly slow. It would take between 8 and 12 minutes to view those images and that's too much out of my day just for some images of costumes. If they all loaded in the background on 1 or 2 pages I could minimize it and view it after it all loaded taking just 2 or 3 minutes of my time.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Chun Li was... rather accurate.

Those thighs may have been the smoothest thing i have ever seen.....

Auron and Sora looked awesome!

Airman FTW!

John Funk:

Then don't. With our current design, this is the best way to show off full-sized images + captions. It looks ugly with more than one to a page.

Is clicking a button to go "next" really that much of a hassle? Really?

I find it kind of annoying myself. I would just like to see the actual photo have a link to the next page. That would help a lot.

Richard Pippy:
My internet is shit and is the best available for my area of the city. Loading a page, looking at the image, then loading the next is incredibly slow. It would take between 8 and 12 minutes to view those images and that's too much out of my day just for some images of costumes. If they all loaded in the background on 1 or 2 pages I could minimize it and view it after it all loaded taking just 2 or 3 minutes of my time.

That's less of a design issue and more of a "you have crappy internet" issue. While there are a handful of ways to easliy pre-load images, it puts unnecessary strain on the server. I'm sure 70%+ of readers who hit the first page of the article don't get very far, so loading all the images from the start is a lot of wasted bandwidth.

I'm pretty sure there are browser extensions these days that can preload links on the page for you. My internet's pretty solid though so I've never tried them out.

Space Jawa:

Jack and Calumon:
That Kingdom Hearts one is pretty much spot on! As are most of them to be fair, but that stands out because I love it so much.

One day I shall go to a convention... One day...

Calumon: I wonder who I could cosplay as?

Each other, perhaps?

Remember to take pictures..... that sounds interesting

How did the 'sora' get his hair like that? I want hair like that!

Yes, picture number 7 made me tingly in pants!

The solid Snake one made me laugh alot. Fine work by that gent.

Silk_Sk:
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.

Don't worry it is, theres a hint of boob being squashed by the strap. If not, that is the skinniest man with moobs that I've ever seen...

But its Japan... remember that... I only hope it was a female, because then she could kick me around while spinning on a pool-table and eating pizza any day...

But thank god the Chun Li didn't have those ugly man-hands like in SF4.

it's depressing that these are the best cosplayers in thw world....No what is depressing is that almost no one in England or in the americas can make costumes that close to the actual characters. They didn't even mess up on the hair which is what we always end up doing. even the characters armor looks real! I must beat them at their own game!!

TimeLord:
I want that Dante coat!

The girl wearing it would be a nice addition as well!

Yeah, I'd like the coat, but probably on the bedroom floor.

And tbh, when you look like that, who cares how they've redesigned the character?

The Organization XIII ones were amazing! How the hell did they do that with their hair? I wish I could get my hair to stick up like that.

Those are all pretty awesome though. I'm hoping mine turns out that nice.

Umm...WOW. O_O Some of those cosplays were dead-on accurate! Especially the Kingdom Hearts and Auron ones! Japan never ceases to amaze me...

Oh my God... Did anyone else notice the creepy cosplayer in the background left of 13? My eyes, they have been ruined!

Silk_Sk:
Is that a woman cosplaying as Dante? If yes, creepy (but a little sexy). If not...I quit.

totally was... there were a lot of females cosplaying a male character... it was creepy

Wow, Chun-Li's legs.. just.. wow.

/swoon

I see a surprising amount of Touhou cosplayers.
*Smiles*

I just want to say that picture 23 is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Also, hot Cammy, Chun Li and Bayonetta cosplays. Especially the Chun Li one.

Why don't I live in Japan?!?!?!

rekabdarb:

Silk_Sk:

totally was... there were a lot of females cosplaying a male character... it was creepy

If that's really a guy, I don't wanna know.

Mariena:
Wow, Chun-Li's legs.. just.. wow.

/swoon

Agreed

Phoenix09215:
Wow... That girl dressed as Aeris was pritty hot. I gotta get me to one of these events!

You never found dressing up on Halloween fun?

At the moment I can't decide if I liked the banana gun or the baby chocobo more...

Those costumes were awesome. Reminds me why I love cosplay.

I still think I make a better Link, though...

Just my opinion.

I am glad I took Monty Pythons training class in "How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana". I knew that would come in handy one day.

Konaerix:
I see a surprising amount of Touhou cosplayers.
*Smiles*

The majority of them are, however appropriately you deem it, being upstaged by Ronald.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Chun Li was... rather accurate.

thighs an' all!

Ganondorf's orange face made me laugh,

Oh, the Aeris!! Wonderful picture and cosplay.

Also, gief spiky hair.

I have to admit... those were pretty good.

Snake, Airman and Bayonetta were the best. Snake for hilarity, Airman for awesomeness, Bayonetta for... sexiness.

Chun-li and Aeris were surprisingly impressive

Go go the Mimic and the Slime Stack. I love Dragon Quest :D

@#5: Dawm Asian got ass!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook