Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Pages PREV 1 2

The music is great, faithful to the original as is the cyber-punk plot (or it appears to be, from what's been shown).

Corwynt:
The fact that they haven't show any gameplay concerns me, it looks nice but the gameplay should be top priority.

There was a little of what appeared to be gameplay in the previous trailer.

Something that's bugging me, any idea what the [h+]3 at the end could mean?

Pink dragon:
sholdnt they be making a new "hitman" game ?

Why? Wouldn't hitman be a really by the numbers game to release espescially now?

FargoDog:
So this is essentially Ghost in the Shell: The Videogame?

..Sweet!

no. GitS: the Game would have more clevage

Is it just me or does he have Solid Snake's face?

Wow, Christopher Nolan's new movie looks very... looks...

I'm probably not going to play this, but damn, that's a great trailer.

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here..."
... Pierre Elliott Trudeau
Not bad.

I like the Icarus image too. I hope this isn't another cliché "my biggest ally betrays me, and now I must go rogue and defeat the corporation that created me" story. Though it probably will be.

There is some ingame material

Corwynt:
The fact that they haven't show any gameplay concerns me, it looks nice but the gameplay should be top priority.

They've shown plenty of gameplay, in video and picture form. They just haven't put it in trailers. Do a search for it, it's there.

Now, on to what people should be talking about instead of complaining:

aaron552:

That bugs me too, but I think it has to deal with the Transhumanism Movement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

Of course, this seems dreadfully obvious when you read the description, but somethings about it that bug me. 1. When has the obvious ever been the only meaning in Deus Ex? 2. I don't know why it's cubed. 3. it's a lowercase H. On the other hand, it could simply be the "gang sign" or whatever of a faction of transhumanists in the game. That'd be cool.

Lowercase h+ is chemical notion for an electron hole, when an electron ends up being excited into high state leaving a hole or even an empty shell below it. Interesting if you think of alternate meanings for the word "state" in the context of Deus Ex, but again, cubed is meaningless. However, if we're going with alternate meanings, h+ is also the simplest known chemical free radical, another chemistry term that has a political meaning.

Maybe the cubed just means it's Deus Ex 3.

Maybe Eidos got paid a lot to do some product placement for this company: http://www.h-cubed.com/ but I really doubt it.

This is gonna be awesome ^~^! I am totally getting Deus Ex 3 when it comes out for sure >~<!

please eidos montreal, don't you be showing me features in the teaser I won't be able to perform in the game.

Payne121:
There is some ingame material

there is also 20 minutes leaked gameplay...
but I don't know if I'll get in trouble for linking it here...

Never played a Deus Ex. Let's see what this is about. Age verification: April 1, 1910...

Well I like cinematics and all, but they couldn't show us a single second of gameplay?

so pretty... can't look away...

I hope the game lives up to expectations.
And man is that trailer gorgeous. Must buy now!

hells yes!

Looking forward to this one, quite a bit. I loved both Deus Ex titles. Yeah, just because somebody gives you a ruby instead of the trailer-sized diamond you were expecting doesn't mean it isn't a precious stone. I thought Deus Ex 2 was pretty excellent.

bojac6:

aaron552:

That bugs me too, but I think it has to deal with the Transhumanism Movement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

This definitely fits, however,

Of course, this seems dreadfully obvious when you read the description, but somethings about it that bug me. 1. When has the obvious ever been the only meaning in Deus Ex?

This is true.

2. I don't know why it's cubed.

The "cubed" symbol has been used in the other trailers, IIRC

3. it's a lowercase H. On the other hand, it could simply be the "gang sign" or whatever of a faction of transhumanists in the game. That'd be cool.

Lowercase h+ is chemical notion for an electron hole, when an electron ends up being excited into high state leaving a hole or even an empty shell below it. Interesting if you think of alternate meanings for the word "state" in the context of Deus Ex, but again, cubed is meaningless. However, if we're going with alternate meanings, h+ is also the simplest known chemical free radical, another chemistry term that has a political meaning.

What I thought when I saw the h+ was: hydrogen atom with no electron, ie. a proton. This is, as you say, the simplest known (and possible?) free radical. In addition, the simplest form of nuclear fusion involves... 4 protons, so perhaps there's a "fusion" link in there too?

Maybe the cubed just means it's Deus Ex 3.

I believe this is the case

Very pretty trailer. I hope they go back to the old style game of Deus Ex 1. I've been playing through Deus Ex 2 lately and it just wasn't the same. I loved being able to specialize in whatever type of mods and abilities that complemented my playstyle. Forced into a shooter like Deus Ex 2 was kind of saddening. I played DE1 through in sniper/stealth mode once, and once in heavy and assault rifles, and again in thrown and melee weapons. All with different mod combinations. It was one of the best adventure/action games I've played to date.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the whole Icaurs metaphor will play into the Icarus AI that was in the original Deus Ex.

Really? I put up with Tomb Raider, because of Jolie, Prince of persia was crap and now this pile of shit rolled up into film that attracts fan boys. Is this the time of humanity where everyone runs out of ideas and starts copycating everyone else? Or we become zombies that just crave money? I was alright with marvel and DC films, because Tim Burton fucked that up the rear. Now videogames...

Hm. Could be interesting.

Although, the logo at the end bothers me. "[h+]^3"? The concentration of a hydrogen ion to the third power? How is that even relevant?

Very lovely to watch. Really pleasing to the eyes. But I'm also gonna need some gameplay footage before I make any decisions.

I think i saw SHODAN's face on a billboard.

but really,though the game looks good,and sounds good,but the yellow filter is kinda weird.

vanthebaron:

FargoDog:
So this is essentially Ghost in the Shell: The Videogame?

..Sweet!

no. GitS: the Game would have more clevage

I don't know, that first cloaked terrorist's outfit was pretty stripperiffic. Or if that transforming box-thing has a cutsie voice and personality then we can call it GitS: The Game.

Snip

H+ is just the symbol of the Transhumanism movement and the ^3 is just for DX3. DX1&2 both used many Transhumanist idea's, fantasies, and philosophies. [h+]^3 is just a recognition of that fact and probably a promise that they wont stray from that foundation.

OT: The trailers are beautiful and I can't wait for the game to come out. I know they'll do it right this time.

Kwatsu:
Wow, Christopher Nolan's new movie looks very... looks...

I'm probably not going to play this, but damn, that's a great trailer.

Yes, it looks very much like it's the new Christopher Nolan movie! I thought the same thing and it's nice to see I wasn't alone lol. But admittedly it's a movie I'd probably be pretty eager to see. That said I was a huge fan of Deus Ex, less so of the sequel. I'm just happy to see the IP alive, kicking and hopefully returning to the original's form. I'll be picking this up as soon as I can.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here