Stolen Pixels #228: All Points Bu

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sometimes, you just can't finish what you start.

Read Full Article

I've never even heard of the game before.

But nice cut off comic. :P

I remember hearing about APB a while back, thought it would be awesome and might of got it, but it died? Didn't expect that...

Imagine if this had happened to WoW? Imagine the alternate reality

I'm noticing a theme in "Cut off" comics as of late. #200 for instance?

Wow! That sounded like a fun game when I heard about it. Damn I'd be upset if I bought it! Imagine how upset the developers are though....

Haha, oh the irony...

Experimental:
Haha, oh the irony...

What irony?

barash:

Experimental:
Haha, oh the irony...

What irony?

The game was in development for longer than three years, but it lasted less than three months.

also, the comic cut at the end.

I do feel bad for the people who made it...all that work for nothing

*DOUBLED POSTED BY ACCIDENT*

And cue the race for indie developers to make the shortest MMO ever...

Shame for the developers.

Well...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

The real loss here is the customization system. I say we should get some sandbox game developer (preferably Volition) to buy the source code and salvage it.

It's just awful, really. A MMO full of new intresting mechanics tanks, as a result hundreds of people are out of a job and innovation is further discouraged in favor of WoW-clones. It could only be worse if a war was started over it.

The customization was great, but it would be a thousand times better if they made a simpler customization like Saints Row 2 and then improving it with the game on, Also the shooting mechanics had a lot of issues, but it was really overhauled through patches, so it was in the right direction. What went wrong was to spend a hundred millions dollars in the development, because there is no way to make it up in less than three months, and now you're broke.
Nicely done.

Experimental:

barash:

Experimental:
Haha, oh the irony...

What irony?

The game was in development for longer than three years, but it lasted less than three months.

Irony is the use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning.

Time in development opposed to time in sale is in no way ironic. Neither is cutting the comic. It is funny though ;)

Kollega:
The real loss here is the customization system. I say we should get some sandbox game developer (preferably Volition) to buy the source code and salvage it.

It's just awful, really. A MMO full of new intresting mechanics tanks, as a result hundreds of people are out of a job and innovation is further discouraged in favor of WoW-clones.

I also hope... that someday the customization suit will make it's way into other games.

I was actually seriously considering buying APB, pure for the customization, but look at it now. I just hope that any of the MMOs I plan to buy next year (Star Wars: TOR and Guild Wars 2) won't turn out like this.

barash:

Experimental:

barash:

Experimental:
Haha, oh the irony...

What irony?

Time in development opposed to time in sale is in no way ironic. Neither is cutting the comic. It is funny though ;)

Irony is words used to the opposite of the intention. It's typically unintentional.
Use of words to CONVEY (deliberately pass on)the opposite meaning is sarcasm as the irony is done with intent.

your right though, not ironic in any way.

Still; I thought the game was getting picked up by another publisher.

Celtic_Kerr:
Imagine if this had happened to WoW? Imagine the alternate reality

No more stupid MMOs?. That would be fantastic. Sign me up!

Shame, my brother really wanted to play this game. He was so exited for it too.
Just goes to show money doesn't fix everything.

Unrulyhandbag:

barash:

Experimental:

barash:

Experimental:
Haha, oh the irony...

What irony?

Irony is words used to the opposite of the intention. It's typically unintentional.
Use of words to CONVEY (deliberately pass on)the opposite meaning is sarcasm as the irony is done with intent.

your right though, not ironic in any way.

Still; I thought the game was getting picked up by another publisher.

We need a new word for Irony, or just get rid of the word Irony. Its been warped so badly its beyond saving.

It's kinda sad really, like a dead kid. Think of all that wasted potential (like Shamus' Let's Play). Good comic, but it's just depressing to hear about, this sort of thing, even if it is about a game in a genre I don't care about.

Irridium:
We need a new word for Irony, or just get rid of the word Irony. Its been warped so badly its beyond saving.

I blame Alanis.

Andronicus:
It's kinda sad really, like a dead kid. Think of all that wasted potential (like Shamus' Let's Play). Good comic, but it's just depressing to hear about, this sort of thing, even if it is about a game in a genre I don't care about.

Agreed. When I heard about it, I was interested, I was just waiting until there was a few things sorted out. [I typically won't join an MMO until it's a year + running, just for this very reason. Getting caught with useless discs and playtime is annoying].

I feel robbed for the cut comic... but then again, I guess that's what Shamus was going for with this one, and I still laughed, even more so when I noticed that the title also was cut off xD

Irridium:

Iron...Hmm...

How about Irridy?

Irridium:

I'll never give up the fight damnit! Fools must be learned!

An ironic comment about irony. How meta...

Onyx Oblivion:

Irridium:

Iron...Hmm...

How about Irridy?

Ego-boosting, but it doesn't roll off the tongue that well, sadly. My suggestion is "mirony".

I saw some copies of it at the Walmart near my college and I was like "Wait what the fuck this game is over. Take it down before the unknowing buy it".

You deserve to be shot for that car paintjob, you know?

Yeap some poor fools will buy this and then find out that is no longer online.

I heard Darkfail had a pretty bad launch and even that lasted longer than this.

Shamus Young:

Sometimes, you just can't finish what you st

That makes two things that have cut short on this site. This and the Mafia 2 review from Zero Pun

I heard a company may buy the rights to this game or something, saw it here on escapist i think

ZiggySt:
You deserve to be shot for that car paintjob, you know?

If it makes you feel any better, I was. Many times.

Evilsanta:
Yeap some poor fools will buy this and then find out that is no longer online.

I was in Game in Camden Town today, just browsing on my lunch break.

APB was number 9 on the PC charts retailing at 34.99, I thought about saying something but didnt think talking about a now offline game would endear me to the attractive salesperson

Lots of copies as well

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or