The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Is Now Live

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

steverivers:

my_ledge_ends:

That's a lot of money for a lot of people), even an indie film like "Monsters" is thusly in a much larger playing field than most Escapist entrants.

I had $60, a bag of MnMs and my mp3 player.

The big Hollywood studios should hire me... I'd make their profit margins skyrocket like a fusion powered firework!

Our actual production cost like...$5. And said $5 is seen in the video.

The good thing about not giving yourself much time means at least you know you can get an episode done every week.

talenos:
The good thing about not giving yourself much time means at least you know you can get an episode done every week.

Hopefully they'd be willing to allow the release of a series on a bi-weekly show that takes a lot of work, like with Doomsday Arcade and Doraleous and Associates.

shadow946:
Seeing as how we're all submitted, would anyone care to share the premise of their video?

Mine is a sketch comedy with three 1.5 minute sketches. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it :D

I've got one about fighter jets! the premise is about the up and coming "Ace Combat's Assault Horizon" It doesn't have any "voice characters" but I mixed several music clips to give it 3 different feelings.

shadow946:
Seeing as how we're all submitted, would anyone care to share the premise of their video?

Mine is a sketch comedy with three 1.5 minute sketches. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did making it :D

I guess the premise of my show (Sunder) is pretty complicated. The first episode has 5 scenes and 8 characters, including 6 main characters (ensemble cast).

General idea: there are objects (all nerdcore memorabilia of some kind, coincidentally) that grant someone super powers. However, all have draw backs. The main good guys, who had ran an online collectibles store decide that they need to find these items and destroy them, after one of them has one of these items with the ability of teleportation appear on his door step. The main bad guys want to collect the items and use them. And then there are a third and fourth faction that are reporting on devastation caused by a particular item (in the beginning of the episode) and another who knows more about the items than anyone else (mysteriously) and decides he needs to impart his knowledge on the main good guys.

My series could definitely be adapted to be full-length TV episodes or 5-minute snippets if they want a weekly bit. Definitely a lot of hard work put in by a lot of people. I cannot wait to see everyone else's work.

Paul Hearding:
My series could definitely be adapted to be full-length TV episodes or 5-minute snippets if they want a weekly bit. Definitely a lot of hard work put in by a lot of people. I cannot wait to see everyone else's work.

Tell me more! What's the premise?

Premise: 11 gamers work for a business called Pro-gamer Gauntlet. They are personal trainers...for video gamers.

11 main characters, 1 very dysfunctional business.

Would any of you like to see second and third place prize's and if so what would you recommend as prizes for those places?

Yes. Contracts. lol

APSunder:
Yes. Contracts. lol

Well. In 2008 there was a tie for first place and both won contracts, but what about second and third place?

Would be nice to get premium club

How about the chance to make a second episode? Then if they make the cut, they get a contract. But that's 3 potential contracts then, hmm...

They offered 2 last year as well. But one group didn't take it. So at least the last two years, they've offered 2 each time.

Paul Hearding:
How about the chance to make a second episode? Then if they make the cut, they get a contract. But that's 3 potential contracts then, hmm...

From earlier in the thread:

Virgil:
Even though there's only one winner declared, we've offered to publish multiple series every year. I doubt that'll change, if there's something interesting enough.

Yeah. I said yesterday a good second place prize would be a full edition of Adobe Creative Suite ($2600.00). For third place an 80gig JVC video camera ($750.00). With those tools second and third could probably make first the next year!

I guess Amazon gift cards, like they gave out last year would be nice. It's better than something like, a gift card for The Escapist store...can't see many people wearing Zero Punctuation underwear...

APSunder:
I guess Amazon gift cards, like they gave out last year would be nice. It's better than something like, a gift card for The Escapist store...can't see many people wearing Zero Punctuation underwear...

Lol How did you know I was wearing that?

mm2publish:

APSunder:

Umm...your wearing Zero Punctuation underwear? Well...uhh...they're like...women's underwear.

APSunder:

mm2publish:

APSunder:

Umm...your wearing Zero Punctuation underwear? Well...uhh...they're like...women's underwear.

loled hard

shadow946:

APSunder:

mm2publish:

APSunder:

loled hard

Yeah, but they're keeping my head really warm! LMAO!

Does anyone know why the videos arent up yet? They said that they'd have them up by the 1st and i dont see them. :(
Does this extend voting time? Do they just have tech. difficulties? hope they can get them fixed!
As for prizes, I like the idea of a second episode, but usually the second episode isn't as great as the first anyway. Prizes like the camera, or even maybe a hard drive sound great!

shadow946:

OOo Direct competition then as mine is near enough the same thing.

MaxDeathLore:
Does anyone know why the videos arent up yet? They said that they'd have them up by the 1st and i dont see them. :(
Does this extend voting time? Do they just have tech. difficulties? hope they can get them fixed!
As for prizes, I like the idea of a second episode, but usually the second episode isn't as great as the first anyway. Prizes like the camera, or even maybe a hard drive sound great!

They'll hopefully be up tommorow, more details somwhere near the bottom of page 7.

Ouch, I guess I didnt catch that while skimming :\
Thanks and Sorry!

Just don't worry to much about when they will be up, everyone makes up a time going off of last years. The more you guys hype the time up the more disappointed you'll be when it's not released at the time. So everyone just stay calm and let them put it up when they can. It sounds like its going to be a great turn out. Good luck everyone ^_^

MaxDeathLore:
Ouch, I guess I didnt catch that while skimming :\
Thanks and Sorry!

nooooooo problem

WinstonJEC:
Just don't worry to much about when they will be up, everyone makes up a time going off of last years. The more you guys hype the time up the more disappointed you'll be when it's not released at the time. So everyone just stay calm and let them put it up when they can. It sounds like its going to be a great turn out. Good luck everyone ^_^

But I NEED to know!!

Just thought of something: The Escapist makes money off ads, right? And they make more money when you click on a video and get the ad, right? So couldn't they offer like, 5 video contracts and fill up 3 videos/day for every day of the week (possibly excluding Daily Drop) and still make money

hahahaha I know, I really want to watch these but I find that watching makes me more discouraged considering there sounds like a ton of videos, and that's a lot of competition. I'll watch as many as I can but it's just better left a surprise sometimes

shadow946:

I did a spoof of your typical 90's educational film series called Game Science. Takes place at the Gaming Institute for Higher Learning, where scientists and stuendents are hard at working studying the science of and within games. First episode is about Mario Mycology. Uses a lot of cheesy transitions and music, like you would get with those horrible educational/psa/safety films of the 80s and 90s.

Wow, feels good to share.

mm2publish:
Ok. Just got some word!!!
They are trying to have it up by tomorrow! They had a large amount of last minute entries and are trying to get through them all!
That's the insider scoop!
So, basically we still don't know exactly when, but it's confirmed they are working hard on it!

Great, now there are going to be two elections tomorrow...

Anyways, best of luck to everyone who entered! I hope you guys enjoy my cartoon this year (last year it kind of sucked)

Im gonna bet they'll take 1 animation and 1 live action. I don't know which I prefer, the videos with a large story arc or the episode by episode types. Either way, they sound like a whole lot of fun! Maybe if I sleep early tonight tomorrow will come sooner !!

MaxDeathLore:

Actually, the contest page said "the week of the 1st", so they could technically post the videos any day before Sunday. Or even Sunday itself, I guess.

shadow946:

I'm not going to reveal any plot elements, but the concept behind my potential series is that at the end of every episode viewers will be left with a decision to make (which you guys can then fight and argue about in the forums). A majority vote will determine the events of the following episode. So basically, its a communal choose your own adventure series.

I only submitted a trailer for the comp as I didn't feel it would be the appropriate place to start presenting the choices.

leady129:

I'm not going to reveal any plot elements, but the concept behind my potential series is that at the end of every episode viewers will be left with a decision to make (which you guys can then fight and argue about in the forums). A majority vote will determine the events of the following episode. So basically, its a communal choose your own adventure series.

I only submitted a trailer for the comp as I didn't feel it would be the appropriate place to start presenting the choices.

That is pretty cool, sounds like a 'Choose your own adventure' type deal.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here