Trailers: BioShock Infinite Gameplay

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

nuba km:

the original big daddies are very effective because they weren't your enemy they are there to fix the city and stop a seven year old girl from getting kid napped and killed while the handymen look like they will just be enemies also the handymen look like they will be quite frankly unkillable (the handyman in the video fell off the bridge he didn't die) meaning you will either have to run away, making chase something else or something along the lines of freezing him or knocking him unconscious which could be just in great effect for atmosphere and intensity.

Ah, well I did think it would be a long shot since this is set way before the original Bioshock and is in a completely different setting altogether, so the chances of them being Big Daddies was very slim. I just had to voice my objection in case they were claimed to be Big Daddies because they had no masks on, which kind of spoils the atmosphere of the original game and its sequel which had made the Big Daddy such a massive force of badassery. It seemed better to know they were once human, but never fully knowing what they looked like under all that diving gear. It lent to their sympathetic nature because you were essentially a slave killing other slaves because your master told you to. The way they lumbered around made me feel sorry for them at times.

Overall this looks massively impressive. Especially the telekinesis not being only used to weakly throw stuff at people with little-to-no effect like the original games did. I was disappointed with that in the originals; other games managed to let you have a lot more control over objects so why they (the original Bioshock team) opted to weaken it is a mystery to me.

honestly story wise i had not a single clue what was going on :S i understand they are on a floating city of columbia and he was looking for his wife.....

The voice of Garret from the Thief games does the player character! Woo!

k-ossuburb:

nuba km:

the original big daddies are very effective because they weren't your enemy they are there to fix the city and stop a seven year old girl from getting kid napped and killed while the handymen look like they will just be enemies also the handymen look like they will be quite frankly unkillable (the handyman in the video fell off the bridge he didn't die) meaning you will either have to run away, making chase something else or something along the lines of freezing him or knocking him unconscious which could be just in great effect for atmosphere and intensity.

Ah, well I did think it would be a long shot since this is set way before the original Bioshock and is in a completely different setting altogether, so the chances of them being Big Daddies was very slim. I just had to voice my objection in case they were claimed to be Big Daddies because they had no masks on, which kind of spoils the atmosphere of the original game and its sequel which had made the Big Daddy such a massive force of badassery. It seemed better to know they were once human, but never fully knowing what they looked like under all that diving gear. It lent to their sympathetic nature because you were essentially a slave killing other slaves because your master told you to. The way they lumbered around made me feel sorry for them at times.

the handyman head is made of metal but you can clearly see they have (literally) a heart meaning they will properly also where once human. the face you see is a helmet to properly make their face look more human then what they looked liked after they were made into handymen. so they to have a mask on.

Rednog:
Also I'm not a huge fan of the morality system that's going to revolve in part around whether or not you make use of the girl. I know I'm going to feel guilty when I use her powers because she's going to cry out in pain after it.

Wait... what?

Where did you hear about that?

cardinalwiggles:
honestly story wise i had not a single clue what was going on :S i understand they are on a floating city of columbia and he was looking for his wife.....

From what I have been able to glean, she isn't his wife. He (the protagonist) is a private investigator sent to Columbia to rescue Little Miss Cleavage.

Okay, catching that artillery shell was 7 and a half flavors of awesome, right there.

Okay, Patriotism instead of individualism. When is this game set exactly?

Xerxes250:
Okay, catching that artillery shell was 7 and a half flavors of awesome, right there.

And then he threw it right back at them. Delicious
"You're just making him angry!"
"He was already angry!"

Does anyone know if this is the same universe as Bioshock 1&2 or an alt one that allows Irrational to do the same as before but now with added awesome floating steampunk city epicness? (Yeah I'm sad and slightly plot obsessed :P )

OK, I didn't have a whit of interest in BioShock 2, and I still don't, but this game just looks totally frakking awesome. This is the first I've heard of this, and yeah, I really needed one more reason to drop everything and spend $700 on a new gaming PC (I cannot stand console FPS's). But, whether or not this particular sequences is overly scripted, I'm fairly certain the game itself will be awesome. Also, an FPS protagonist that is actually characterized, and actually speaks. HELLS. YES.

That was awesome! Loving the fact their is a talking protagonist and that giant handyman bird.

WHOA!

That is all.

Somehow i always knew they would go into the air with more emphasis on machinery than plasmids and finally get a talking protagonist....

I just knew, i really did.

Holy shitballs, that looks incredible.

Now this and Deus Ex are on my most wanted.

Now that was awesome. As much as I loved Rapture, Columbia immediately strikes me as more sinister, and not just because of the setting. Plus I also like the use of plasmids as a moonshine-like liquor, which is also appropriate to the setting. Poor student or not, I am SO getting this game when it comes out.

Xerxes250:
The voice of Garret from the Thief games does the player character! Woo!

Who else could voice the player in a FPS and never bore you? Wonderful pick! I know I am getting this game but I am trying to think of it very sparingly as not do form too many expectations.

nuba km:

Dragonizer:
Holy crap, that was intense! I definitely can't wait until this comes out now!

That bird plasmid is awesome, just sayin'.

I loved the bee plasmid and the birds look like a stronger version of it when I use it I will say it's Russell and friends.

holy crap! yes yes and yes! gah now I cant watch that footage when the crow lands on his hand the first time after drinking that stuff and looks at him without saying "Hey Russel here, how're you doin'"

Fenra:

nuba km:

Dragonizer:
Holy crap, that was intense! I definitely can't wait until this comes out now!

That bird plasmid is awesome, just sayin'.

I loved the bee plasmid and the birds look like a stronger version of it when I use it I will say it's Russell and friends.

holy crap! yes yes and yes! gah now I cant watch that footage when the crow lands on his hand the first time after drinking that stuff and looks at him without saying "Hey Russel here, how're you doin'"

imagine if unskippable did a lets play of bioshock infinite.

Theat just looked glorius, guess i have to play this one too, and i think the idea of combo plasmids just looks like a great idea. Also having the moral choice centered around one person rather than some annonomus children makes it more personal.

Allso, corsets are great, they giv +10 clevage bonus. :)

What an amazing setting! You don't often get to see early 1900s smalltown America, especially the steampunk version, in much fiction other than the Music Man and that old Star Trek episode "Return of the Archons" (which that street brawl scene reminded me of).

Future Hero:
PS: Who wants to bet that using Elizabeth's powers, but weakening her health is going to be this game's moral choice?

Wikipedia seems to agree with you.

I have serious trouble getting excited for this. It's a trailer, which 99% likely means that it's all prerendered and has nothing to do with what the game play looks like

but if they can pull off that cinematic game-play where cutscenes happen around you *(like what Modern Warfare 2 did) there's no reason this shouldn't be the best first person shooter sense Bioshock 1, or since Half Life 2, or hell even since the original Doom

It almost makes me wondered why they had to sully their reputation by handing out a turd in a box called Bioshock 2?

and one other thing. If they wanted to give you a strong female support character why did they have to give her D's and put her in a low cut top?
Not that that would take me out of the experience or anything but I prefer normal sized breasts

Seabiscuit!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Irrational, I believe PETA would like to have a word with you on promotion of equine violence.

Game looks pretty awesome by the way.

I know the internet allows for bragging, but when I was watching it (2nd, 1st on a non-ipod screen), when they did that thunderstorm combo, there was a giant thundercrash, irl, no kidding, it lasted exaclty as long as the thing in the vid, I litteraly jumped up a bit.

It had been stormy for some time, but this was scary...

I think I will forget about Bioshock 2 ever existing, and call this Bioshock 2.

Also, on the developmentblog they said the trailer held links to the original bioshock, anyone see any? Bar from the caricatures?

That bit where he catches the artillery shell mid-air and fires it back? I literally screamed, "Holy shit" at my computer.

Casual Shinji:
I'm sorry but I still don't buy this being "actual" gameplay.

Everything feels way to scripted.

Agreed, the first Bioshock's game play trailers were clearly scripted, but you could also tell (for sure) that someone was playing them. That aspect disappointed me greatly.

Holy mother of... EVERYTHING! This looks insane! Insanely good that is. I was genuinely blown away by this vid, that sure does'nt happen often. Do want.

The art style, architecture and design are pretty damn awesome.

On one hand I wish I hadn't watched this video as it's a little spoiler-ish, on the other hand after playing Bioshock which I wasn't a great fan of and seeing friends and critics reactions to Bioshock 2 it was a good thing, as I had lost all interest in this franchise.

Absolutely stunning, this video shows this game has the same atmospheric and cinematic and gameplay-valueable potential as the original! Can't wait to see more

Some things I noticed on my 5th or so viewing:
1. Pay close attention to the banner at 1:45 and the painting in the bar.
2. A textbook example of death by murder
3. This is set around the turn of the century, right? Where did the sub machine guns come from?

OMG!.. Just take my money! Take them!!

Blue-State:
Okay, Patriotism instead of individualism. When is this game set exactly?

hittite:
Some things I noticed on my 5th or so viewing:
1. Pay close attention to the banner at 1:45 and the painting in the bar.
2. A textbook example of death by murder
3. This is set around the turn of the century, right? Where did the sub machine guns come from?

Its set during 1906 I believe.

And you can do a lot with plasmids/tonics/or whatever they're called in this game.

Casual Shinji:
I'm sorry but I still don't buy this being "actual" gameplay.

Everything feels way to scripted.

Yeah, I still remember a "gameplay" video for the first Bioshock showing you battling a Big Daddy, with some moves that I never saw in the actual game. Or has anyone been launched over a balcony or had their hand drilled through like in that video?

Still, the new setting looks awesome, and I can't wait to play this game, even if the action isn't as diversified as shown in this trailer.

Holy....

I never played and never really felt the need to play Bioshock 1 but... I may have to get this one. Holy....

Friends intending on playing co-op should start arguing now about who has to play as Elizabeth. =P

Got My Vote!!

Looking pretty good so far.

Hmm . . . lots of adam, but no eve. He's chucking lighting bolts like they come free with every purchase of Crazy Magazine, but there's no way to tell how they're powered. {I mean, yeah, time limit, but where's the timer?]

If you get that claw attachment early on, looks as if you could explore most of the city.

A complete lack of vending machines, eh? Makes sense, given the setting change. Presumably you nick guns and ammo from opponents, which could make life interesting.

Irridium:

Its set during 1906 I believe.

According to Game Informer, Columbia vanished in the year 1912. Booker doesn't visit Columbia until a client tells him of its location in order to complete his job. So this game at the very least takes place in that year, though it probably takes place a few years after that.

cardinalwiggles:

That's not his wife. Elizabeth is a girl that Booker was sent to rescue from Columbia after it disappeared. She's been a prisoner there for 15 years. Booker doesn't know anything about her prior to meeting her in Columbia. She is a source of adam, the invaluable resource that allows humans to do impossible thing, and both of Rapture's warring factions want to control it. But before you can save her, you have to fight off her protective Big Daddy. Wait, that was part of Bioshock's plot. What I meant to say was that she has incredible powers that allow her to do impossible things, and that both of Columbia's warring factions want to control her. But to save her you must fight off her protective Bat Daddy. This is a totally different game, as you can see.

J21R:
Does anyone know if this is the same universe as Bioshock 1&2 or an alt one that allows Irrational to do the same as before but now with added awesome floating steampunk city epicness? (Yeah I'm sad and slightly plot obsessed :P

The writers were intentionally vague about the possible relationship between Rapture and Columbia in the interview. I choose to believe that they are trying to just sir up more speculation and hype, because these two games being in the same timeline makes no god damn sense. There's no way that nobody wouldn't mention a single detail about Columbia in Bioshock if it had existed. It would be an obvious, unnecessary, and unwanted retcon.

Jon Etheridge:
I LOVE the new setting. Rapture was great, but I didn't rush out to pick up the sequel because it looked like more of the same. (I still want to play it at some point) But I may have to pick this one up on day 1.

This is something I can definitely agree with. The new setting looks great. The old American architecture combined with the steam punk sky city actually interests me. It looks like a really interesting place to learn about and explore. Plus the fact that its in the sky actually appear to be relevant. When you think about it, Rapture being under the ocean really didn't influence the plot that much. As much as I like that underwater city, it could have just as easily been located underground and the story would have barely changed. That's not the case with Columbia. They take this concept of a city in the sky and see what it would do in the real world. How the rest of the world would react to the amazing technical prowess of America and the fact that they are parading a floating metropolis across the globe, and how the people living in Columbia being to change as a result. The idea that this was also an attempt to make that stereotypical image of the American neighborhood where everyone is part of one big friendly community a reality only makes it better. Though I'm not sure how they expected that to work when they were selling body altering super powers in a bottle called "Murder of Crows".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here