Trailers: BioShock Infinite Gameplay

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Felt like a completly different game. Still, it looks brilliant! I'm definatly getting this.

likely as not it IS scripted it is an early release build designed to show some of the things they are working to implement including the graphics system by release day the whole game could take place in a cheesecake factory on the moon... soo don't judge the whole thing based on a tech demo designed to get people interested

ZippyDSMlee:

Nofootcanman:
disapointed that he has a voice and a partner now but hopefully there will be no vita chambers as the whole you cant die thing kind of ruined the atmosphere of the 2 bioshocks

Well its either a save point or vita chamber, I hope they something more interesting but most likely it will be something overly simplified as so to not offend the drooling masses...

Why cant they just use the vita- chambers as regular checkpoints that dont leave everything as it was before you die, otherwise there is no real challenge in it unless you turn it all off but then if you dont save for a while you get booted back loads.

Nofootcanman:

ZippyDSMlee:

Nofootcanman:
disapointed that he has a voice and a partner now but hopefully there will be no vita chambers as the whole you cant die thing kind of ruined the atmosphere of the 2 bioshocks

Well its either a save point or vita chamber, I hope they something more interesting but most likely it will be something overly simplified as so to not offend the drooling masses...

Why cant they just use the vita- chambers as regular checkpoints that dont leave everything as it was before you die, otherwise there is no real challenge in it unless you turn it all off but then if you dont save for a while you get booted back loads.

Well there are more ways to do it than that.

Its one option but I tend to side with money or times for revival, fail that you lose some items(half of money, or other spawned type of item) fail that you start back at the nearest starting point of the area with 20-50% health and eve.

In bioshock I really wish they maxed money out to 5000, use money to load unload mods from the weaopn stations customize mods at the Uinvent things and use 1000$ to revive at the nearest chamber or 100 at the start of a level which would lower item spawning for awhile.... sigh... I really wish they let use mod the damn thing..... hell drop tech support and let the community at the SDK after a year of it being out that way all these crappy half assed games will be fixed and supported

Am I the only one who though that he sounded a little like Harvey from the Fatman cartoons on the Weird Al Show.

Looks good, and I'll probably buy it. But the trailers for the original Bioshock made the game look more interesting than it was. Don't get me wrong, the game was excellent. I had a load of fun playing it, but based on the trailers I remember, I expected a little more of a cinematic feel. I wouldn't be surprised if Infinite is the same way.

I am totally wanting this now.

flipsalty:
I think it's easiest to compare what the video is to the first video we got for the original bioshock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmw78t8NgIE It clearly isn't actual gameplay but it does provide a pretty in depth idea of what the gameplay may be like.

You're definitely right. That original trailer was every bit as eye-poppingly awesome and dubious in terms of gameplay reality as this one.

Ah, so Infinite looks favorable. After kinda belaboring the whole Rapture thing with the 2 Bioshocks (don't get me wrong, I freakin' ADORED that city, but even I was ready to draw the line at the sequel), I hope the teams can start afresh with this 19th century, nationalistic, steampunk city in the sky.

Only two things bother me: why the Bioshock in the title? This game may be a spiritual successor, but it seems like they're just trying to cash in on the label. Also: rescuing a flowingly-dressed lady complete with ample bosom? I thought we were over this, guys...

Zhukov:
Oh my.

This is most interesting. And promising.

One thing that strikes me is that it's a bit hard to tell what is gameplay and what is cutscene. For example, the part where the crazy politician starts yelling at the player. Is that in gameplay? Could the player just shoot him in the face and consequently miss the whole cannon sequence? Same goes for the part with the handyman on the bridge. Would he still have fallen if the player wasn't blasting away at him?

Also, I like the flying big daddy. It harkens back to the original Bioshock but at the same time is appropriate to the new setting. Nice.

Lastly, for better or for worse... cleavage.

i think this is going to be like this halo wars trailier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PG7kS6TJ0&feature=related

overall the gameplay looked amazing, and i believe this is what ensemble wanted to do until mircosoft stepped in, and know its trash

if this is the case lets just hope the gameplay is good and mircosoft stays out of it

just watched the halo wars video...i feel like crying now...

Callate:
Drool... That looks awesome.

As has been said, though, one wonders about the degree of scripting. More to the point, one wonders if they can make scripting that doesn't endanger the player's feeling of empowerment and isn't easy to "break" through unexpected player actions. It's one thing to play a game that "feels like a movie", and another to play one that makes the player feel they never have any more choices than a character whose script is already written.

I wouldn't worry too much. Remember the preview video for Bioshock 1? That also felt a bit scripty, with the big daddy falling over the railing, and another one showing up behind you and stabbing you through the spine, but remember what a great game happened afterwards? I think they just wanted to take their world out for a bit of a spin is all.

Side note: given the weird inconsistencies between what was initially perceived and what was actually happening, what do you figure the odds are that it's all a dream or a hallucination or some such, and you're actually just a plasmid crazy splicer?

wow, that was absolutely AMAZING.

love how picture an writing change

I love the things Bioshock has done with the Unreal engine.

I was also pleased (as a cynic) that Bioshock Infinite is taking awhile to develop. One would hope that would imply quality, as opposed to a factory pressed title.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

..........That is all.

Yay steampunk

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook