Escape to the Movies: Devil

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I found a compilation of all the Lucifer scenes from The Prophecy!

googleit6:
Wait.. so where did they get the toast is they are stuck in an elevator?

I really wanted to see this movie... until now. Thanks for the warning.

wooty:
HOOOOOOOOLD ON!

If they're trapped in a lift/elevator, where the hell does the toast even come from?

You guys don't bring toast with you where ever you go?! I'm gonna go with it was Satan bringing toast to prove it was the Devil to the viewer, that rascally devil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwzQwnbMBMs
is all I could think of while I watched the film

wooty:
HOOOOOOOOLD ON!

If they're trapped in a lift/elevator, where the hell does the toast even come from?

Well obviously the toaster, duh!

Really? A toast to see if they are in the devil is among them....DAMN! I so need to try that out!

Ok Bob you redeemed yourself. You last couple of reviews(since the Expendables) have sucked. This one was great. I still think you are a douche, but at least the review was good.

Jman1236:
Lmao They mad a Spider-ham comic?!?

:Sings Spiderpig song from The Simpsons movie:

not only that, a version of him went to the marvel zombie world and got turned into zombie spider-ham

So what, if it lands butter side up the devil is amongst us? This sounds unintentionally great. Like The Happening or Phantasm. I just had a feeling that with the trapped on an elevator plot device, the title, and of course after having seen the happening that this would be stupid.

This premise sounds like it could have had potential. Alas, poorly handled, any premise goes to waste.

mcl323:
Satan = Starscream

LOL

The great fridge brillance this prsents is: God = Megatron. And that actually explaines so much.

Oh crap. Now, I usually don't agree with this series very much, but this movie sounds like the lowest point of the movie industry ever.

Maybe it can only get better?

Seriously, there is a Peter Porkey the Spider-ham comic?

That wins the weekly award for biggest WTF moment.

Ha! Flipping toast to an arbitrary side = devil. Excellent deduction skills.

It was clear this movie would be bad, it's not often a movie trying to use a director, writer or whatever as a main deciding point in the trailers has anything but that to show for it.

That said, perhaps this is a movie that's fun to watch if you can come up with alternate explanations for the story? Like the Matrix and the 'Zion is still in the Matrix' theory, or the Silent Hill games and the various explanations for why bad things happen to the cast. Or Yahtzee's theory that the FBI agent in Heavy Rain is a time-traveller.

Such a strange film, but, I do want to see it. Toast though...heh

Dear Moviebob,
your 5-6 minutes reviews have saved me a lot hours that i can use to actually play games or watch good movies.
Unfortunatly, you where to late this time.

I want those 100 (or so) minutes back!

YAY WALRUS!

Ahem, anyway... This is actually one of the few instances where I've seen the film before a MovieBob review has come out.

Glad you really pointed out the bread and butter (or jam) scene since that's pre-school physics. While I'm not as wholly bitter as Bob about the whole thing (heck the premise is not all bad with all the cast trapped and what not) but yes this concept of the Devil does seem rather off at times, more so considering that...

WaderiAAA:
Seriously, there is a Peter Porkey the Spider-ham comic?

That wins the weekly award for biggest WTF moment.

You're decades late. I read Spider-Ham comics when I was a kid!

Yeah, I had a feelimg this wouldn't do well after The Last Airbender. And that part with the toast...what the heck?

even 5 minutes later and that part about the piece of toast is still baffling me as to how anyone with a sane mind could think it could prove the presence of the devil, im just waiting till it finally hits and i start shouting angrily......

I was excited to go see this... now I think I'll wait for a Red Box Release if I even see it at all.

I think I'll go see Easy A instead, maybe I'll just go see Scott Pilgrim Vs The World again if I can find a theater that's still playing it.

Great review, but I have a question: Are you going to do a review of "The Town"? Because I saw it recently and it's one of the best films I've seen this year. It's on par with Inception.

is you SERIOUS moviebob? HOW ELSE are you supposed to know if you're dealing with the devil or not?

lmfaooo...one of the funniest reviews in a while. haha TOAST!!

It actually wasn't that bad. I saw it, and there are a lot of things that I disagree with in the review. First off, the plot twist isn't obvious. At all. I've seen all things horror, good and bad, and I can usually see these things coming from the beginning of the movie. But I was genuinely surprised at this one. Yes, the toast thing is a little stupid, and admittedly his whole speech surrounding the toast thing was stupid. But there's actually two things that happen before that which would elude to the devil being involved, the toast thing isn't the deciding factor. Also, I felt that the Latino thing was a little stereotypical, but there's truth behind stereotypes. They don't just pop up on their own merit. There's some philosophical bit that pops up at the beginning, as the Latino guy is narrating, that is mentioned in the end and I thought that was pretty cool. And now that I think about it, the movie does a very good job of sewing up all the major plot points. Anyone who's seen a recent horror movie knows that most of the time half of the plot points go unmentioned again, but that's not the case in Devil. Everything has an explanation, except for this one part where a walkie-talkie appears in the elevator. But you can make an assumption, which isn't a huge stretch considering what happens to the elevator service man, as to how it got in there. There is one plot twist that you can see coming, involving the man in the business suit and the detective from the police, that you can kind of see coming, but it's not one you can see coming from the beginning. It only becomes apparent in the ending scenes of the movie. Honestly, that was a point mentioned in the beginning which I thought would be a horror movie cliche' of never being mentioned again, but I was shocked when it actually did come up later.

All in all, it's not that bad of a movie. It's not the best ever, but it's not horrible either.

OT: What bothers me is that most of the people on this thread making all these assumptions haven't seen the movie. And it's very clear with the first two pages littered with "LOL, WHO BRINGS TOAST ON AN ELEVATOR?". So maybe you should consider watching a movie before you make yourself look like an ass.

That's a shame. The concept of it could have been excellent if it had been made properly.

"There is one plot twist that you can see coming, involving the man in the business suit and the detective from the police, that you can kind of see coming, but it's not one you can see coming from the beginning."

Oops.. Redundant sentence.. My bad.... Sorry, I do that sometimes.. When my brain hiccups while I'm typing

I actually thought it looked good from the trailers. But now hearing what Bob had to say that one is going off my movie list.

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard Moviebob ever come out and say a movie was utter crap. Even The Expendables didn't get this harsh a review.

I'm sure it still deserved it, but wow.

Toast is an official, precise and licensed method of detecting the presence of the devil... Licenced by the church by the way! How can you go wrong with the church? xD

Russian_Assassin:

wooty:
HOOOOOOOOLD ON!

Oh snap!

I could tell this movie was gonna be retarded just by watching the trailer last time I went to the movies (I watched Inception and it was AWESOME! I wonder why it took it so long to come out in Greece...).

SATAN TOAST!

That bread wasnt toasted in a toaster, but in the FLAMES OF HELL!!!!

OOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

snowman6251:
I hate the way Movie Bob pronounces Shymalan. I don't know if I'm wrong and he's right but it sounds really weird to me.

Also lol toast.

Thank you!! I was going insane. I believe it's pronounced Shaw-ma-lon. The first quarter of the video I couldn't pay attention due to me obsessing with his horrendous pronunciation.

I have also always hated M. Night and all his works dating back to the sixth sense. I have even made several t-shirts expressing my deep hatred of this man and his work. Unfortunately my hate is bordering obsessive and I have to see every movie he makes just to cement my hate even harder. I feel that by paying to hate him, he's winning in the long run which infuriates me further. It's a vicious circle.

Considering this movie has all the faults normally associated with M. Nights movies such as
Awkward dialogue
Inhuman emotions
Poor writing
EXPOSITION!!! In Russia Dialogue writes you
stereotypes
"What a Twist"
I think its safe to blame him for this fiasco as well.

"Damn you M. Night you killed The last airbender, you did what the entire fire nation couldn't"

PeePantz:

snowman6251:
I hate the way Movie Bob pronounces Shymalan. I don't know if I'm wrong and he's right but it sounds really weird to me.

Also lol toast.

Thank you!! I was going insane. I believe it's pronounced Shaw-ma-lon. The first quarter of the video I couldn't pay attention due to me obsessing with his horrendous pronunciation.

I have also always hated M. Night and all his works dating back to the sixth sense. I have even made several t-shirts expressing my deep hatred of this man and his work. Unfortunately my hate is bordering obsessive and I have to see every movie he makes just to cement my hate even harder. I feel that by paying to hate him, he's winning in the long run which infuriates me further. It's a vicious circle.

I liked the sixth sense but I hate every other movie he's ever made.

A lot of people like Unbreakable (Tarintino put it on his top movies since becoming a director list) but I fucking LOATHE that movie. I don't get why people like it.

And you don't make Samuel L. Jackson a cripple. You don't fucking do that.

Your all blind, in most moden Lifts these days they have a Small red case, containing a Piece of toast, a glass Screen the the letters "Break Glass in case of the lord of all Lies."

Wow I feel really, really bad for M. Night. Poor guy...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here